Some thoughts | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Some thoughts

Reaction Score
Not liking what I’m hearing from Geno! This is about as frustrated as I’ve seen him. This team is fried and it’s difficult to see how things are gonna get better. We simply don’t have the players! This team is running on fumes and worse, they don’t look as though they want to be out there in the first place! They look almost mechanical and I cannot find any sign of enjoyment or fun as I watch them play.
Caroline looks completely lost and I have to wonder if bringing her back was a mistake. I feel so bad for her! Of course, the other injuries are sad as well but at least they, as far as I know, have a set timetable. Caroline is having to deal with the uncertainty and frustration of her neck and head with no, as far as I can tell, firm assurance of when or if her symptoms are going to go away. Maybe she would be better off just shutting it down til next year. It can’t be much fun having to run to the bench for ice every time she gets bumped on the court!
Obviously, they have my full support but watching them is pretty painful right now. This is a team that practically radiated the joy of the game up until a few weeks ago, now it looks like they’re doing chores. This is what mental and physical exhaustion does. At first you can call on your reserves and fight your way through it but at some point, the reserves become depleted as well and that, I believe, is where we are now.
I agree but we are talking about energy, endurance, and focus. They can always be regained. The $64,000.00 question, if I may show my age, is how long will that take?

Reaction Score
Whatsa matter with you people? Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Don’t you remember when Millar said, “Don’t let us win one?” And what happened!! Your life changed! 3 games in 3 days remember 5 games in 5 days?? Remember “We will, will ourselves to victory!”

What about TonightWe’reGonnaShockTheWorld!” And in the twilight of his career while in St Louis a badass Will Clark looked in to the camera and barked , “I’m not going down without a fight.” And we believed him. And he fought. ‘Nuff Ced.

JBK

Reaction Score
I do not think we'll see 15 straight Final Fours.
That's OK. Lot's of teams never make one FF, let alone 15.

This is not our year.
Lots of streaks May be broken this year. Will be an interesting off season
They are fundamentally tough to watch right now.
Turnovers
Excess fouling
Cannot pressure the ball
Not boxing out.
Etc etc

Reaction Score
Why can't someone have an opinion? It sounds like there's genuine concern from their perspective that she may not be fully healthy and they're expressing that. How are you interpreting as they're telling her what to do?
I can’t imagine that not just Caroline herself, but Geno & the coaching staff, UCONN administration, & Caroline’s family would put her in harm’s way just to play basketball.
Do we really believe that her health & physical condition are not scrutinized ?
If I thought that were not so, I would never watch another UCONN WCBB game.

Reaction Score
New to posting on the Boneyard, but have been following UConn a couple of decades, and the Boneyard as well.
The level of doom and despair seems a bit overwrought, to put it mildly.
The pointing of fingers at the players and coaches is distasteful, to put it mildly.
The assumptions about the rest of the season, including tournaments, defeatist.

Everyone entitled to an opinion, that’s mine.
Thank you for saying this. It's what I've been thinking. Not to mention that our girls have accomplished a great deal this year under very difficult circumstances. Why are people trashing them?

Reaction Score
UConn beat St. Johns by 25 on paper. St Johns obviously did not subscribe to this. That's why the games are played.

If only what actually happens on the court count, then why dismiss UConn's chances in the BE or NCAA tournaments before they step on the court? St. Johns didn't do that.

Reaction Score
I can’t imagine that not just Caroline herself, but Geno & the coaching staff, UCONN administration, & Caroline’s family would put her in harm’s way just to play basketball.
Do we really believe that her health & physical condition are not scrutinized ?
If I thought that were not so, I would never watch another UCONN WCBB game.
And that's fair, but it doesn't mean others can't have a different opinion and express it. It's a head injury and people have personal feelings about it because of the effects. If a person is expressing their concern it shouldn't be taken as they're telling the player what to do. I take it that they're concerned about her long term health. I'll take that over a fan who says "suck it up" because they care more about Final Four runs (as an example - not saying fans here are thinking this).

Reaction Score
The team looks like it's playing on auto pilot. Going through the motions, but not really engaged. They don't look like they're having fun playing. Not stepping up for each game, no matter who it is. And, on fatigue/tiredness, at this point in the season, you know who you're starting 5 is, they get the most minutes, if not all. 7-8 players is fine. Even with this number, most of the times it's to spell people for a few minutes.

I keep harping on playing smart. Geno has stated to this affect or effect. It's hard to fathom how you lose a sizable lead over a short span. You and the team should be prepared..."Oh they're playing us this way, OK we'll do this..." Geno can only guide, but it's you who plays the game.

Reaction Score
Alot of tuff breaks. We've been running on fumes and it caught up with us tonite. We have lacked scorers all season. It caught up with us tonite. We are a really good team with 50 pts sitting on the bench and it caught up with us tonite. With all that look at our record. We're good. I know alot of you are down. So am I. We lost. Its tuff to admit. First of all I am a friend of Danielle Patterson's dad. I met her at the CTK Ossining game when Chong and Sierra Calhoun were the NY stars. Danni was in jr high and at the game with her dad. STJ shot well from trey and Dani had a great game. Thats why we lost.. We lack scorers and have all season. Lou has been great. We need more Lou's and until Caroline gets up to speed and Azzi gets back and up to speed we will struggle. Teams know now to pack in the middle and suffocate Lou and you can beat UConn. I hope you all realize what we've done with 50+ pts on the bench. Caroline and Azzi have to come back healthy and I would think we are almost unbeatable.

I cant wait for the end of the season when we can rest, and get our energy back and more importantly get Caroline and Azzi healthy and back. The good TO's were down. The bad fouls hurt us and we didnt shoot the ball well. That stuff happens and it happened tonite. The attitude we should all have now is get Caroline and Azzi healthy and win the BET and NC.
You got it Tony. It ain’t over til it’s over.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom