Some thoughts on positivity/negativity, and a mea culpa | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Some thoughts on positivity/negativity, and a mea culpa

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Simply because someone disagrees with one of my posts, it doesn’t make that person my enemy. Neither is my enemy a young woman playing basketball for a program of which, for some vague reason, I disapprove. I might hope she misses every shot she takes, but that doesn’t disqualify her from the human family.

I think UConn WBB is important. That’s because...well, it is. But it’s not the most important thing. Yesterday, I learned that a friend, former colleague and mentor had died. He was the person who rescued me from a very dark time in my life. For me, he was a man who literally changed everything that followed.

So, when I write about UConn basketball, I may come off sounding professorial or important, but please trust me...I know what the truly “important” things are in my life.

I continue to be grateful for all the interesting people and perspectives to be found on this forum. What the members and our excellent mods have built here is a source of pleasure and insight.

Merry Christmas, and a Husky-Happy 2018.

-Steve

Like a thousand times.

Till I looked it up, I thought your quote was something Latinized having to do with Senor Wences. ;)

Reaction Score
I'm just going to say "Merry Christmas" everybody and let's just be so, so, thankful for the wonderful team we have the privilege of following.

And Nan, thank you for all that you do to heighten the experience for all of us on this board. :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky
Top Bottom