Some thoughts on last nite | The Boneyard

Some thoughts on last nite

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
If you noticed again, Lou was open and set and knocked down shots from her favorite spots. Feet set square up and boom. We are peaking piquing peeking at the right time. Because of that we are playing with confidence. Our underclassman and non starters are taking off too. Do you realize we've had 3 of the last 4 games where we scored over 100 pts. Thats hard to beat. We are moving the ball with quick passing and not dribbling and everybody is involved. We are playing disciplined and not taking the first shot which breed patience. We are arriving into the post season on fire. Right now UConn is the best team in WCBB.

We need to get better on defense. Still not there yet but we are getting there. Ono's improvement has earned her more playtime and you can see the ONO effect when she enters the game. She already come a long way. How bout Molly. Shes knocking down shots and looking for her shot and makin them. MC is showing alot of poise and leadership. I have a feeling that before the brackets come out UConn will be the top seed to beat once again. Baylor may be ranked number 1 however right now UConn is the team to beat.

Remember a few weeks ago when UConn couldnt throw the ball in the ocean and many of our Boneyarders were concerned. Well sometimes you get in a slump and it takes time to get out of it . Well it looks like were out of it and the way UConn is playing and scoring they are gonna be a very tuff team to beat. Again we shot over 50% from the floor and from downtown. With ONO in the middle and playing with confidence UConn will be a very tuff out.

We are Going to the TOP ..... the Very Top.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
If you noticed again, Lou was open and set and knocked down shots from her favorite spots.
Noting that Lou knocked down 3’s from both corners, both wings, as well as the top of the key, is there really anywhere on the court that doesn’t qualify as one of Lou’s “favorite spots?”

Reaction Score
...and if I'm not mistaken, Megan Walker even had a couple smiles on the court.

1550754532595.png

Reaction Score
If you noticed again, Lou was open and set and knocked down shots from her favorite spots. Feet set square up and boom. We are peaking piquing peeking at the right time. Because of that we are playing with confidence. Our underclassman and non starters are taking off too. Do you realize we've had 3 of the last 4 games where we scored over 100 pts. Thats hard to beat. We are moving the ball with quick passing and not dribbling and everybody is involved. We are playing disciplined and not taking the first shot which breed patience. We are arriving into the post season on fire. Right now UConn is the best team in WCBB.

We need to get better on defense. Still not there yet but we are getting there. Ono's improvement has earned her more playtime and you can see the ONO effect when she enters the game. She already come a long way. How bout Molly. Shes knocking down shots and looking for her shot and makin them. MC is showing alot of poise and leadership. I have a feeling that before the brackets come out UConn will be the top seed to beat once again. Baylor may be ranked number 1 however right now UConn is the team to beat.

Remember a few weeks ago when UConn couldnt throw the ball in the ocean and many of our Boneyarders were concerned. Well sometimes you get in a slump and it takes time to get out of it . Well it looks lik

We are Going to the TOP ..... the Very Top.
@Tonyc the Cheer leader.
I agree on your view of shooting, ONO, Coombs and generally on the talent of the 6/7. Whether Uconn is the NCAA team to beat remains to be seen. My opinion is that Uconn is better than at least one team that beat them.
Like Geno, I don't think we fans should disregard the talent and size of Baylor. Having said that I believe for one year in a decade or more--all teams in the NCAA are beatable. I like Geno's chances against all teams except Baylor--I'd rather all the rest of the field to take on Baylor before Uconn meets them again.

Reaction Score
@Tonyc the Cheer leader.
I agree on your view of shooting, ONO, Coombs and generally on the talent of the 6/7. Whether Uconn is the NCAA team to beat remains to be seen. My opinion is that Uconn is better than at least one team that beat them.
Like Geno, I don't think we fans should disregard the talent and size of Baylor. Having said that I believe for one year in a decade or more--all teams in the NCAA are beatable. I like Geno's chances against all teams except Baylor--I'd rather all the rest of the field to take on Baylor before Uconn meets them again.
I agree, Baylor is just a bad bad matchup for us. Very beatable for other teams with size. But since that game the Big 3 have gone to another level, as has MW.

Reaction Score
while UConn continues feasting on the AAC minnows the fact remains they are good enough to win the national championship but not that good that they could lose to any of 7-8 teams come tournament time................it will certainly be an interesting series of games...............

Reaction Score
I just rewatched the game and noted that Lou did, indeed do around the world! And her shot from the top of the key was so accurate that the first time I watched it I wasnt totally sure the ball went through as the net barely rippled! :D And, while some of her shooting woes at UCF may have been due to the defense, she seemed off from the start and missed a couple of early open 3s early in the game before any physical play could take a toll. Just an off shooting night. I was just admiring again, her spirit and leadership.

Reaction Score
I am confident that Lou will be able to knock down 3’s in the NCAA tournament If UConn’s opponents play defense and guard Lou the same way Memphis did last night.
AND...if defenses go out to run our shooters (Lou, Danger, Meg and Christyn) off the 3 point line, it will open up play inside the line for other opportunities.

Reaction Score
I agree, Baylor is just a bad bad matchup for us. Very beatable for other teams with size. But since that game the Big 3 have gone to another level, as has MW.
I agree. The 5 maybe 6 of Uconn have reached the next maybe 2 levels since the Baylor game. Unfortunately, I don't think ONO has the weight or experience to take on 2 or 3 bigs of Baylor. Geno has in the past had success on his second trips to teams that beat him--he learned from the first game how to beat them. Will that prove to be true against Baylor??? I'd rather another team take them out of the tourney. THANKs!!!

Reaction Score
I am confident that Lou will be able to knock down 3’s in the NCAA tournament If UConn’s opponents play defense and guard Lou the same way Memphis did last night.

Is this a double sided sword you are presenting? A back--handed compliment ?
Most of the shots Lou took were as she stopped after moving, thus nearly open. She only needs a short window to shoot when she is in a Zone as she was last night. The question appears will she be in a ZONE during the NCAA run?? Katie Lou Samuelson is a competitor--she goes all out. I doubt anyone or anything short of----will keep her from getting 20. The other 4 are all capable of drilling or attacking; this is much different than their performances against Louisville or Baylor. On a neutral floor I like Uconn's chances..

Reaction Score
A couple of observations not (yet) made: Liv has one of the most important attributes of a big: great hands. Once she latches onto a rebound or a pass, it doesn't usually get away. Great hands cannot be taught. Liv may never become a big banger, but Stewie got bumped around inside as a freshman and she turned out pretty well.
Intangible department: the pure joy the regulars take in the success of the bench players reflects the extent of feeling the players have for each other. Watching Lou do the high-5s for her teammates is inspirational. Kudos for being great people.

Reaction Score
Noting that Lou knocked down 3’s from both corners, both wings, as well as the top of the key, is there really anywhere on the court that doesn’t qualify as one of Lou’s “favorite spots?”
That's just one of the many reasons she is the best player in the country. She can score & make plays efficiently from anywhere on the court. Her half court inbound passing and her overall incomparable superstar "team playing" are more things which separate her for others.

Reaction Score
I just rewatched the game and noted that Lou did, indeed do around the world! And her shot from the top of the key was so accurate that the first time I watched it I wasnt totally sure the ball went through as the net barely rippled! :D And, while some of her shooting woes at UCF may have been due to the defense, she seemed off from the start and missed a couple of early open 3s early in the game before any physical play could take a toll. Just an off shooting night. I was just admiring again, her spirit and leadership.
Always a great leader and the greatest superstar team player.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
None of top 6 to 8 teams are undefeated. Every team has flaws that can be exploited.

Who ever it is, they have to win 6 games in a row. Lose one and your done.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
As good as UConn is especially when firing on all cylinders and scoring over 100 pts its gonna come down to defense. A game in which UConn trails and is slowed down could give us problems. However in a game where are defense is good no team can beat us. As far as Baylor goes. We need to take the ball right down the middle and eventually Baylor will be in foul trouble. Just like ND used to do with Diggins. UConn was a team known for not fouling and the refs called fouls when ND took the ball to the hoop. Thats what we need to do to Baylor.

Reaction Score
As good as UConn is especially when firing on all cylinders and scoring over 100 pts its gonna come down to defense. A game in which UConn trails and is slowed down could give us problems. However in a game where are defense is good no team can beat us. As far as Baylor goes. We need to take the ball right down the middle and eventually Baylor will be in foul trouble. Just like ND used to do with Diggins. UConn was a team known for not fouling and the refs called fouls when ND took the ball to the hoop. Thats what we need to do to Baylor.
Good assessment....with ONO's development, our improved defense, and better ball movement and overall offensive efficiency, I like our chances against anybody. As long as we're healthy, don't think I'd bet against us - even against Baylor.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom