Some of long timers here are overreacting. | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Some of long timers here are overreacting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wagner returns 5 of their top 6 players and 2 JR college transfers to a team that finished in the NIT last season. They are not your typical cupcake. Our best players are freshmen and sophomores. Brimah, Facey and Purvis should get their minutes reduced as the season moves along and the pups grow up. This is college. These guys are learning and will get better. Ollie's teams always peak in March.

I am not writing off this season though I have to be honest, I am already looking forward to next year when the 3 seniors are gone. If Larrier comes back, this team will go places. Regarding this year, I think Maui will tell us a lot. They do need a big men coach desperately. We haven't had a good one since that Pitt guy got caught with hookers. That was a damn shame on so many levels.

Either way, a WTF loss if you could call it that is out of the way. The top 5 got their mouthful of crow. They know what they need to work on, namely pretty much everything. Having said that, rebounding and offense, inside out play need a lot of work. Wagner showed them what a team can do when they play like one instead of bunch of individuals. Should be an entertaining season.
Wagner stinks, they just lost to UMass Lowell, there is no over reacting to this mess. It smells like the beginning of the end.

Reaction Score
And they don't realize we will not get someone better at attracting talent to a cold-weather school in the AAC.

I recognize he has elite recruiting skills but I also recognize he's terrible at X's and O's. There's no reason why he cant surround himself with coaches that compliment his shortcomings while he remains the figurehead of the program. He just looks so lost when it comes to the whole coaching part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog
Top Bottom