Some observations from first night | The Boneyard

Some observations from first night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Some random observations from last night. Silliness all around, lots of laughs and mutual respect between the 2 programs. Ray throwing T shirts into the crowd was awesome. Lots of former players in attendance including Donny, Smitty and Johnny Gwynn. The students are incredibly fired up for this season. Enoch is a BIG kid. His build is much larger than any of our other bigs. Jalen is crazy athletic and has a bit of Bazz in him in terms of seeing the floor and making crafty passes. Phil looked much more fluid and agile. May have dropped a few pounds. Nice to see. Omar has definitely improved his handle. Rodney is always smiling and appears to be in fantastic shape. Miller is going to really help this team in lots of ways. Gibbs hit two half court shots to help his team win one of the pre scrimmage competitions. Larrier looks good, but a year in the system prior to playing will really benefit him... And the team. Brimah still has the infectious smile, especially after draining a 3 from the top of the key. Hamilton hit a few 3's but didnt seem to be to thrilled to be playing in a co-ed exhibition.

On the Women's side Stewart is just fantastic. Tall freshman player Samuelson has a real nice stroke from outside. Jefferson can really play. NC number 11 is a real possibility.

Reaction Score
Sounds good thanks for the review. Like to hear that on Phil hope he has a great Sr year he deserves it.

As for the women, #11 isn't just possibility it's as close to a given as thee can be. They're better than anyone prior to adding the freshman class which sounds outstanding. They're going to need to really crap the bed on a night to lose this one.

Reaction Score
It was an insane atmophshere! I had front row Courtside seats close to the center court logo (I was wearing Husky sunglasses, an arm sleeve, and a blue headband) and had an amazing time. Being that close to the action gave me so much energy, not that I needed it!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Some pics over on the women's board of first night:

http://the-boneyard.com/threads/first-night-images.81764/

Ollie looking good.

CReK1clWoAE1Ap_.jpg

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'm not much of a fan of the women, but it would be pretty awesome if Brianna Stewart could go 4-4 in national championships.

I love the practice facility video where the girls point out the photo of their first title. And then their second. And then their third...

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
This is from the 'dime back' report on the event. To me, it was the best thing I've seen about 1st night.

"Rodney Purvis was not available for interviews after the game. He had a good reason. While players and coaches made their way to the locker room, or to the hallway where the press was waiting, Purvis remained on the Gampel Pavilion court, taking photographs with anyone who asked. He signed t-shirts for kids. If he caught a parent calling out for their child — “Jason get in the picture.” — Purvis would join in, “come here Jason. We’re taking a picture,” draping his arms over their shoulder and smiling from ear to ear as iPhones clicked. Had security not cleared the court 45 minutes after the game event, Purvis might still be there."

Reaction Score
This is from the 'dime back' report on the event. To me, it was the best thing I've seen about 1st night.

"Rodney Purvis was not available for interviews after the game. He had a good reason. While players and coaches made their way to the locker room, or to the hallway where the press was waiting, Purvis remained on the Gampel Pavilion court, taking photographs with anyone who asked. He signed t-shirts for kids. If he caught a parent calling out for their child — “Jason get in the picture.” — Purvis would join in, “come here Jason. We’re taking a picture,” draping his arms over their shoulder and smiling from ear to ear as iPhones clicked. Had security not cleared the court 45 minutes after the game event, Purvis might still be there."
Rodney is the best.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

That's just great, what an awesome leader of this program.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Shanda McNair deserves HUGE commendation for raising such an incredible young man.

Reaction Score
If you can't root for Rodney you can't be a Husky fan. Great story thanks for sharing.:D
lets just hope he knows where the out of bound lines are:p In all seriousness though what a great kid and im sure he gave a lot of those kids memories theyll never forget. Hoping he has a great season as he deserves all the success in the worl. great kid.

Reaction Score
It was an insane atmophshere! I had front row Courtside seats close to the center court logo (I was wearing Husky sunglasses, an arm sleeve, and a blue headband) and had an amazing time. Being that close to the action gave me so much energy, not that I needed it!
How did you get seats that good ?

Reaction Score
I love the practice facility video where the girls point out the photo of their first title. And then their second. And then their third...

That was a really well-produced video. Brianna was the one feigning surprise at finding another, and another championship team pic. Nice acting and directing. The vid is a great tool to introduce prospects to the programs, and the goals.

C

Chief00

Some random observations from last night. Silliness all around, lots of laughs and mutual respect between the 2 programs. Ray throwing T shirts into the crowd was awesome. Lots of former players in attendance including Donny, Smitty and Johnny Gwynn. The students are incredibly fired up for this season. Enoch is a BIG kid. His build is much larger than any of our other bigs. Jalen is crazy athletic and has a bit of Bazz in him in terms of seeing the floor and making crafty passes. Phil looked much more fluid and agile. May have dropped a few pounds. Nice to see. Omar has definitely improved his handle. Rodney is always smiling and appears to be in fantastic shape. Miller is going to really help this team in lots of ways. Gibbs hit two half court shots to help his team win one of the pre scrimmage competitions. Larrier looks good, but a year in the system prior to playing will really benefit him... And the team. Brimah still has the infectious smile, especially after draining a 3 from the top of the key. Hamilton hit a few 3's but didnt seem to be to thrilled to be playing in a co-ed exhibition.

On the Women's side Stewart is just fantastic. Tall freshman player Samuelson has a real nice stroke from outside. Jefferson can really play. NC number 11 is a real possibility.

Good for DHAM if he did not go for this ridiculous coed game.

C

Chief00

Chief, why didn't you use your immense pull in the AD's office to get them to eliminate the coed aspect of it?
That's your opinion not mine about my "pull". First Night is a very successful event - why eliminate it just because someone chooses never to attend due to being old school about basketball? Recruits love it, apparently many on the team also enjoy it and even some ex players. The casual fan and young kids love it also. But if DHAM is not feeling it playing against girls; I get it!

Reaction Score
First Night is a very successful event - why eliminate it just because someone chooses never to attend due to being old school about basketball?

You keep fighting that good fight, Chief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom