Some nice words for Geno and the team | The Boneyard

Some nice words for Geno and the team

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Geno made a couple of fans in California.

Bob Dunning: Halden Invitational a model for high school sports

SPEAKING OF WOMEN’S BASKETBALL … I remain a huge fan of perennial women’s basketball power Connecticut, but not because of their unparalleled record … I was incredibly impressed when Geno Auriemma brought his Huskies to our humble town for an early-season game several years ago … completely unnecessary for a program that could play every non-league game at home if it wished … my youngest daughter was so impressed that she wrote the team a personal letter of thanks … several weeks later, she got a personal letter back from Geno himself, along with a team picture autographed by every single player … a bunch of winners … even when they lose …

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
A lost art is what it is. When I ask our summer (college kid) staff to sign for their paychecks, they print their names. They don't know how to write their names in cursive. And they want to know why they can't e-sign the log. (Because the auditors say so, that's why).

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
A lost art is what it is. When I ask our summer (college kid) staff to sign for their paychecks, they print their names. They don't know how to write their names in cursive. And they want to know why they can't e-sign the log. (Because the auditors say so, that's why).
I was stunned about 15 years ago when I asked my then-8 year old son what time it was and he didn't know. He was near an analog clock and could only read a digital clock so he couldn't tell me what time it was.

I remember that, as a child, I had to draw the hands on a picture of a clock to show that I knew when it was 9:00 or 6:25 on an analog clock. They no longer teach it in the schools so I ended up teaching my sons. I kinda, sorta understand it but, boy, did it make me feel ancient.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom