Some music to help you feel better | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Some music to help you feel better

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Holy gross drinks, Batman! White port and lemon juice must have been a real thing. The Mothers did a song called WPLJ (White port and lemon juice) that was originally by the Four Deuces. From what I gather, the Bel-Aires were from LA while the Four Deuces were from Salinas, both active around the same time.

Zappa said that WPLJ seemed like it was written for him, that it was more him than most of his own songs.

Robin, my loyal sidekick and BFF, we did drink, but we did not drink WPLJ! We were not old enough to buy wine, and did not like it anyway. We stole beer and drank it on the hallowed log. But the song was fun and cool and all that. :eek:

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Holy gross drinks, Batman! White port and lemon juice must have been a real thing. The Mothers did a song called WPLJ (White port and lemon juice) that was originally by the Four Deuces.
I agree ... about the drink. Once while entertaining customers I ordered Rose's Lime Juice and tonic water, since I didn't drink alcohol. I took a sip of what was delivered to me. Ugh! I queried the server with "What the hey is this?" His response was just what you ordered, Rosé wine and tonic water. It was horrible!

Last edited:

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
It‘s copyright 1988, seven years after Bob Marley died. Could have been written a year or so earlier. Here’s the original McFerrin video for comparison:
You are correct. People post music toYouTube bt get mixed up with who are the artists. I searched for Bad to the Bone. It came back with a cover photo of ZZ TOP but yet it was George Thorogood singing.

Bama fan

Reaction Score

What a heavenly version of this great song. It must be heavenly, since Bob Marley was as dead as Jacob Marley when this song was written.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What a heavenly version of this great song. It must be heavenly, since Bob Marley was as dead as Jacob Marley when this song was written.
Ugh, you are the second person to call me out on this. I saw the album cover (Gold Disk) and thought wow I didn't realize Bob Marley had written the song originally.... (sad part is I actually have the album...)

So apparently you can't believe everything you see on the internet. Who knew?

@Bigboote

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Ugh, you are the second person to call me out on this. I saw the album cover (Gold Disk) and thought wow I didn't realize Bob Marley had written the song originally.... (sad part is I actually have the album...)

So apparently you can't believe everything you see on the internet. Who knew?

@Bigboote
Do you remember the commercial from a few years ago where the young woman is on the steps of a city building talking to her male friend? She is telling him that she is waiting for her date whom she met online. She explains that the fellow is a French model, and says it must be true as she read it on the internet. The "model" walks up looking like anything but a model and says , in terrible French, "Bon jour". I always thought that was a perfect take on 'don't believe everything you read' meme.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Here's a lesser-known ditty that just screams happiness to me, and it's appropriate for the season. Kind of uncharacteristic for the Doors.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I'm not as sure about happy, but Brandenburg #2 sure does have energy.

Reaction Score
Now here's a beautiful Santana song that I guarantee will make you feel good:

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Now here's a beautiful Santana song that I guarantee will make you feel good:

I am a big Santana fan, and this is certainly one their most feel good songs. Good choice.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Here's a lesser-known ditty that just screams happiness to me, and it's appropriate for the season. Kind of uncharacteristic for the Doors.

I’m like 90% sure Bob Marley did the original version of this.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
My wife, a flute player, recognized the Gluck immediately.

I’m a wooden flute player. This is a tune by the Shannon family, Garry on flute, Sharon (more famous) on accordion, Mary on fiddle, and Majella on banjo. They’re right up there with the Clancys and Brennans (Enya, Maire/Moya, and other members of Clannad) in family talent.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom