Some music to help you feel better | The Boneyard

Some music to help you feel better

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I got a four-CD set of Louis Armstrong for Christmas. I was familiar with much of the music, but it struck me that (especially after listening to an hour or more straight) this music just seems to make everything better. I was going to post a thread around New Years (good widdance to bad wubbish as Elmer Fudd would say), but never got around to it. With what's happened in the last few days, it seems timely now.

Here's Louis Struttin' with some Barbecue:

Reaction Score
Jamming / Bob Marley and the Wailers, Walking on Sunshine / Katrina and the Waves, Happy / Pharrell Williams, I Love You Baby / Frankie Valley and the Four Seasons, You've Made Me So Very Happy / Blood, Sweat & Tears, I Love You More Today Than Yesterday / Spiral Staircase, Everything is Beautiful / Ray Stevens, Shiny Happy People / R.E.M., It Only Takes a Minute / Tavares, Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring / Johann Sebastian Bach, Sugar, Sugar / The Archies, Cake by the Ocean / DNC, Starving / Hailee Steinfeld, Love is Like Oxygen / Sweet.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Friday night fun drinking on the log by the tracks;

[White Port and Lemon Juice by the Bel Aires]
Holy gross drinks, Batman! White port and lemon juice must have been a real thing. The Mothers did a song called WPLJ (White port and lemon juice) that was originally by the Four Deuces. From what I gather, the Bel-Aires were from LA while the Four Deuces were from Salinas, both active around the same time.

Zappa said that WPLJ seemed like it was written for him, that it was more him than most of his own songs.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Yep. You can go to Bobby Ferrin’s version of you prefer it.
Oops! I should have been more specific. That is Bobby McFerrin's version; he actually wrote it after Bob Marley died.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Oops! I should have been more specific. That is Bobby McFerrin's version; he actually wrote it after Bob Marley died.
Don’t think so.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Don’t think so.
It‘s copyright 1988, seven years after Bob Marley died. Could have been written a year or so earlier. Here’s the original McFerrin video for comparison:

Reaction Score
OK not out to offend anyone, this is a Louis Jordan tune that BB King brought to light some years later and did a damn good job with it. I have several versions, I like them all but I really like what Joe does here along with extraordinary back up gals.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom