Some KO Quotes from Borges | The Boneyard

Some KO Quotes from Borges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Love the Miller and Brimah quotes. After last yr, I think it's clear that we don't need to worry as much about guards/wings and more about bigs.

Guard/wing play wasn't exactly stellar either, team should be upgraded in both areas this year tho

Skies17

Casual Fan
Reaction Score
With regards to recruiting...
"A lot of people didn't know what we were doing, and that's a good thing."

Think KO reads the yard from time to time?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Amida Brimah needs to "eliminate some of those foolish mistakes that he did. Some of them were trying to take charges, or illegal screens 35 feet from the basket ... It happens, but I think it happened too much for him. Freshman, sophomore year, I'll lay off, but junior year, you've got to eliminate some of those mistakes and stay on the court. I think he's heard that a lot from me, he's aggravated from me saying that -- which is a good thing."

Brimah is up to 233 pounds now, and the Huskies would like him to get to about 235-240 by October.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
wooo! Ollie on Terry Larrier: "Wow. Ooooooh, he is so good. Man, he is fantastic. He's long, he's athletic, he can shoot the ball, runs the court, great person to be around. His teammates love him."

Larrier is already best friends with Daniel Hamilton. But they go at it hard on the court.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
What did Brimah come it at weight wise?

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Each one of the interviewees was thoughtful and insightful--impressive!

Things are looking good!

Reaction Score
What did Brimah come it at weight wise?
Last years roster he's listed at 230. If that's what he truly weighed last year, I wish they'd work towards 245-250 by October.

Reaction Score
Did anyone else read Ollie's comment about a 7-footer parachuting in to be in reference to someone transferring in? Chuckwu maybe?

Reaction Score
Seemed tongue in cheek to me.
Yeah I couldn't decide. I figured KO must have some type of plan up his sleeve because he would give Amilo the scholarship if he knew no more players would be added

Reaction Score
Yeah I couldn't decide. I figured KO must have some type of plan up his sleeve because he would give Amilo the scholarship if he knew no more players would be added

Nothing wrong with dreaming right? I'm with you.

Reaction Score
"I think we've done some good things. We're not Kentucky. People want us to be Kentucky. We're not gonna just get all the All-Americans. We have to continue to establish relationships and pick the right people ... "

thats for all the big time posters here who stay sh1tting on recruiting.

Reaction Score
wooo! Ollie on Terry Larrier: "Wow. Ooooooh, he is so good. Man, he is fantastic. He's long, he's athletic, he can shoot the ball, runs the court, great person to be around. His teammates love him."

Larrier is already best friends with Daniel Hamilton. But they go at it hard on the court.

Man, it's like KO has a Lamborghini in his garage that he can't drive yet.

Reaction Score
Did anyone else read Ollie's comment about a 7-footer parachuting in to be in reference to someone transferring in? Chuckwu maybe?
Saw on Twitter that he was committing to Syracuse.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Yes. Sure did. If it is PC and he redshirts as a transfer does it count as a scholarship for next year?

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
Ollie on recruiting: "I think we've done some good things. We're not Kentucky. People want us to be Kentucky. We're not gonna just get all the All-Americans. We have to continue to establish relationships and pick the right people ... I think we've got some nice momentum. A lot of people didn't know what we were doing, and that's a good thing. I do like to move under the radar and surprise some people. A lot of people maybe were disappointing with not getting Diamond (Stone) and not getting such-and-such, but as a coaching staff, we have to have a Plan A, Plan B, Plan C, Plan D to get things done."

UConn recruiting has always been about putting the pieces of the puzzle together... finding players that want to be here, want to grow, want to win the right way. That, by the way, is NOT the Kentucky way, which is to just keep over-recruiting All-Americans and hope they play together well enough to win from time to time. Frankly, I like our approach (and our results!) better. Keep it up, KO!

C

Chief00

What he said about Brimah was the obvious, but I still like it. Looking from the outside its not entirely consistent with naming him Captain last year and next year.

Reaction Score
I can't recall a UConn roster where only one player will be dry come blow out time. Every player is a Div 1 baller!

Ollie certainly has a lot to work with this season, and I hate to predict but 30 wins is not far fetched, though there are a lot of "if"s.

2015-16%2BUConn%2Broster.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky