Some Knew BE was going to underperform | The Boneyard

Some Knew BE was going to underperform

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Please delete, I couldn't find the other thread and thought it couldn't be bumped. My bad!

Reaction Score
B12 has absolutely gamed the NET rankings - but as long as that will be the measure of success maybe Val can get off her ass and put a strategy in place.

Reaction Score
One step would be to get rid of the two "doormat" teams in the league. ( You know which ones).
Freeing up four games would allow the stronger teams to schedule against P5 teams to build up the resumes.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
B12 has absolutely gamed the NET rankings - but as long as that will be the measure of success maybe Val can get off her ass and put a strategy in place.
Do you think Val would understand what you're talking about?

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
One step would be to get rid of the two "doormat" teams in the league. ( You know which ones).
Freeing up four games would allow the stronger teams to schedule against P5 teams to build up the resumes.
are you suggesting "getting rid of" Georgetown?

Reaction Score
I won $100 on a bet with buddy that BE would get less than 6 bids. Easy money

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Except for the heading of this thread. The Big East didn't underperform, the NCAA selection committee did.

This is like getting mad at the refs after you lose. You could handle business in the OOC and don't leave it in the hands of the officials or you can let it come down to the refs who have been shown to be inconsistent year after year.

Reaction Score
With all the bid stealers, the field is watered down, so UConn actually has a lesser field to take on to repeat.

Reaction Score
Except for the heading of this thread. The Big East didn't underperform, the NCAA selection committee did.
What would you call the 4th place BE team losing at home to the 15th place B10 team?
What would you call the 5th place BE team losing to the last place (8-24!) B10 team!
Or the 3rd place team losing to the 4th place and 6th place MWC team?
Or the 4th place team losing to the 9th place (15-18) Pac-12 team?
Or the 6th place team losing to both a CAA team, an Ivy, and 9-9 A10 school?

Over and over again the bubble teams killed themselves.

Before, of course, New Mexico, Oregon, NC State, UAB, and Duquesne happened.

The committee got a lot wrong, but those particular Big East bubble schools can blame themselves.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Yes, the era of loyalty as left all college sports. ND, Louisville, Syracuse were replaced. Why not the Hoyas?
Bold Strategy Cotton GIF by MOODMAN

Reaction Score
True. Those four games add no value to anyone. Might as well play D3 schools. I don't see it improving anytime soon. Any conference needs it's members to at least be competitive.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This is like getting mad at the refs after you lose. You could handle business in the OOC and don't leave it in the hands of the officials or you can let it come down to the refs who have been shown to be inconsistent year after year.
Nope, if it wasn't one thing, it would have been another.

Reaction Score
Yes, the era of loyalty as left all college sports. ND, Louisville, Syracuse were replaced. Why not the Hoyas?
Those teams weren’t replaced they left. Grown and DePaul both just hired new coaches there’s no reason they can’t be competitive.

Reaction Score
I’m not arguing the BE got screwed that’s obvious but I don’t think it was a power conference or cbs affiliate scheme because the MW is a mid major on fox and they got 6 bids

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
SJU lost to Michigan and BC in the OOC.
SH lost to Rutgers, USC, Iowa, Baylor.
Providence lost to Kansas St. and Oklahoma.

Danny is 100% right, BE play starts in Nov.

Besides a win at Wisconsin from Providence, those teams did nothing for the league and made their own bed. There wasn't even an attempt to challenge themselves. I understand these schedules are set ahead of time, and can be unpredictable, but if all you are going to challenge lower level power conference foes, you sure as hell better beat them.

UConn put Texas, UNC, Kansas, and Gonzaga On the schedule. Three of those teams are expected to be top 10 every year, Texas top 20. If Hurley had his way he'd want Duke on their as well.

I don't even care if you are playing 300s vs 180s level of cupcakes. Just don't lose to Michigan and your misfit toys are in the dance, Rick.

How about that "Doctor" that came on ESPN before Hurley trying to convince us now that geography was the driving force in how they seed the top six? What the actual hell is that all about? The suits are just laughing at us at this point, because fans apparently take it infinitely more serious than they do. Tournament championships don't matter??

Between our own league members playing checkers and the selection committee throwing darts, it's time to clean house and just give the seeding process to AI simulations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psttc

Top Bottom