Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley | Page 100 | The Boneyard

Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I liked Martin back when he seemed like he was on the way up at K-State. He's looking more and more like a guy who has a ceiling.
His ceiling was K-State

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
0-100-real-quick-reservoir-cover_2000x.jpg

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
I knew you could all get to 100 pages. This thread is like an NFL game - 3+ hours of non-stop talking for around 15 minutes of real action.

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
posting on the 100th page just to join the bandwagon on that

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Might be in the minority here, but I think that the longer this drags out, the worse it is for Pitt, and better it is for us and URI. He knows that Pitt is offering the most money. The fact that he hasn't jumped yet means there's more than money in play here.

I agree with the sentiment. I just don't feel good about it overall. If that makes sense.

Reaction Score
My wife works at the school. Nuggets get passed along from people that are fairly important. Historically, info probably in the 70% correct range.

In regards to Goodman's tweet - she was told this morning there is a Plan B lined up...and a Plan C if Plan B falls apart. No one wants Plan C to happen, even the coach who is Plan C. Also "not promising" was the general feeling regarding Hurley around 11 this morning and the feeling was strictly in regards to money.

So the recent positive tweet from the early 2000's FB player about UConn NBA alum makes sense. Needed more $ at 11am, got it around lunchtime from NBA alum.

This is easy. Hurley on his way shortly.

Reaction Score
We DO NOT want Frank Martin. Look at his resume, it’s nothing special. He has made it past the first weekend 2 times in 11 years as a HC. Doesn’t get good recruits. Stay FAR away.

Agreed mightily! But Benedict does not seem like a risk taker and just may go for a "safe" hire to hold the fort until he's able to find that Power 5 AD job he really wants. He blew it with the fully guaranteed contract for Ollie. Didn't stand up to the pressure from the agent and obviously has no close advisors in the field or got bad or no advice on how to properly structure a contractd. Yikes, this guy scares me.

98Uconn

NL1MF
Reaction Score
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m not aware of any mention of us meeting with or linked to any other coaching candidates. Unless our AD is 100% confident in a done deal, wouldn’t/shouldn’t there have been some talk of other candidates being officially considered??

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Agreed mightily! But Benedict does not seem like a risk taker and just may go for a "safe" hire to hold the fort until he's able to find that Power 5 AD job he really wants. He blew it with the fully guaranteed contract for Ollie. Didn't stand up to the pressure from the agent and obviously has no close advisors in the field or got bad or no advice on how to properly structure a contractd. Yikes, this guy scares me.

I've been scratching my head at all of the takes re. Benedict being a stone-cold killer who will get this done.

Reaction Score
Page 100 and I feel like we are just getting started. Dogmania could chime in with one of his term papers and bump it a page or 2. Buckle up Husky fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom