Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley | Page 89 | The Boneyard

Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley

Status
Not open for further replies.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
He said his source is UConn alumni in the NBA... Emeka or Rudy....

Reaction Score
The huge problem for Hurley, if he takes the URI offer of new practice facilities, charter flights, big bump in salary, and all the other points of negotiation that he’s asked for..

Is that how can he ever leave URI when/if he wants to go to a bigger program? You can’t ask for everything, be given it, and then look to leave when a big time opportunity comes along.

I mean, you can of course, but he must know himself well enough to know that, if THIS was a struggle for him, then can you imagine what leaving URI after getting everything he asked for would be?

The best answer at this point in his career is UConn. He gets to continue that upward trend professionally while giving up nothing personally except the good memories he had at URI.

It’s time to move on. If he doesn’t, he’s looking at URI for the rest of his career. There’d be no way he could leave with any grace or self-respect still intact.
Why? If he can continue to build something lasting at Rhode Island idk why he'd feel guilty if he decided to leave down the line.

He's asking for the school to give him resources to make the program more competitive. Not selling his basketball soul.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Thanks Tom and Fishy!

giphy.gif

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Someone tweeted at him who his source is, and he responded with this:

UConn alum in the NBA who played for us from 2000-2003...

CARON DOIN' THINGS.

Or Emeka...

Reaction Score
I know that UConn will find greatness again no matter how many times we've hit it in the water lately. I see Hurley as the right guy for now but the program will endure regardless..... now quit f%c#ing around Hurley & take the shot at UConn!

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score

since we haven't had a nonsense unnamed source in a few pages

Said his source is former UConn player in NBA. Who is close enough to the program to know?

Reaction Score
Heard Seton Hall is back in the picture.
Yes, they are offering 7 mill per for 15 years. They are the first to cross 100 mill total. Hurley will take the job and launch something big into space on falcon heavy, which he will now be able to afford.

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
i admit my "nonsense source" claim was a bit of harsh language in a thread where a guy cited a student manager a few dozen pages ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom