Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley | Page 86 | The Boneyard

Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Since this has turned into one of the most Epic threads in Boneyard History, I believe the mods should edit the title.

There is no way that anything that goes down in BY annals should have the name "Jacobs" in the title. Its wrong. It just is. And that asshat will think the thread length here is a referendum on how smart and great he is.

@temery
@Fishy

no reason to not remove the name "jacobs" out of this title. It provides not thread value. Hell, even the intitial tweet the thread was based on was removed. That's how lousy the guy is.

I dont want to see this guys name every time I click here.
he even deleted the tweet

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Doesn't anyone have an annoyingly ambiguous and non-informative tweet to post? Deadrody is getting bored.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Since this has turned into one of the most Epic threads in Boneyard History, I believe the mods should edit the title.

There is no way that anything that goes down in BY annals should have the name "Jacobs" in the title. Its wrong. It just is. And that asshat will think the thread length here is a referendum on how smart and great he is.

@temery
@Fishy

no reason to not remove the name "jacobs" out of this title. It provides not thread value. Hell, even the intitial tweet the thread was based on was removed. That's how lousy the guy is.

I think the title is driving the thread.

Plus, I like the guy.

Reaction Score

@temery
@Fishy

Better yet, replace his name with "Some random reporter" or "From someone insignificant".

Reaction Score

@temery
@Fishy

Recommendations for thread title?

Reaction Score
Doesn't anyone have an annoyingly ambiguous and non-informative tweet to post? Deadrody is getting bored.
Oh shut up already...pot meet kettle...irony much?

Reaction Score
he even deleted the tweet
He did, though he kept the second one he posted the other night which states that one source told him DH was closing in with UConn (the full amount of info that was in the first tweet) as well as that a second source said the situation was more fluid and not exactly what the first source said. Looks more like he deleted the first tweet so that the second one could stand alone as providing more context.

Reaction Score
Did Jacobs really delete the tweet?! SAD! Rhody fans are ripping him on their board.

Reaction Score
He did, though he kept the second one he posted the other night which states that one source told him DH was closing in with UConn (the full amount of info that was in the first tweet) as well as that a second source said the situation was more fluid and not exactly what the first source said. Looks more like he deleted the first tweet so that the second one could stand alone as providing more context.
I asked him why he deleted the tweet and he said: "The second tweet I sent out two hours later was the update, with another source. The information from the first tweet is in the second tweet."

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I think the title is driving the thread.

Plus, I like the guy.

whelp. The flipside there my friend is, fine, leave his name attached, and if Hurley doesnt come here it is a record of his idiocy for eternal boneyard history. Risky thing to do for a guy you like.

Reaction Score
OMG I went to respond to a post written 20 min ago and realized when I hit reply I was four pages behind...

Apparently quite a few people love this thread:

images

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It's tough to go wrong with a "Hurley's wife was looking at houses with a friend of my spouse" thread.

That was the dead giveaway 4-5 years ago when Saban left Bama for Texas.

Oddly enough, this ad now shows on my boneyard ads.

upload_2018-3-21_12-33-43.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc