Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley | Page 79 | The Boneyard

Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Anyone trashing BE basketball is a dope.

But I don't get your point: of course it includes WSU. Why wouldn't it?

The point being it’s the short term reward for what might not be a great long term strategy.

Just going around and grabbing whoever is randomly good at a point in time may only improve the conference in the short term not the long term.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
This thread is about to surpass the Pizza thread in pageviews and has a decent chance at it in postcount as well.

I honestly hope he puts off the decision for another 24-48 hours just to see if we can catch one of the Diallo threads.

Reaction Score
The point being it’s the short term reward for what might not be a great long term strategy.

Just going around and grabbing whoever is randomly good at a point in time may only improve the conference in the short term not the long term.
Well, sure, I don't disagree. Though with the Koch money WSU has, even if they lost Gregg Marshall (doubtful except to a few schools), they'll be able to get a good replacement. They've made the tournament every year since 2012.

Now, here's hoping they don't continue this strategy. It's what the A10 did, for instance, and how they ended up with George Mason.

Reaction Score
interesting..
aaaaa1.jpg

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Only 40 posts to 2k replies and 3,460 more views to 150k. I'm not loving the delay but this cliffhanger has energized the MBB in way we haven't seen for a few years now.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This makes no sense at all. Why would URI go into this knowing he would leave in a couple years. Info their offer to him was for 10 years

Makes alot of sense.....for him.

Makes no sense for URI

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
This thread is about to surpass the Pizza thread in pageviews and has a decent chance at it in postcount as well.

I honestly hope he puts off the decision for another 24-48 hours just to see if we can catch one of the Diallo threads.

We could just keep posting, even after the decision?

Reaction Score
best place to drink between kingston and storrs
I may be biased because I grew up 20 minutes from there but Kingston is suuuper lame. None of the students even live there they all move to Narragansett.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

What's the over/under on a Boneyarder kicking the bucket over this?

evmore

FRIENDOftheprogram
Reaction Score
Nah, if he stays at URI the public narrative will be he was loyal, wanted to stay with his kids, etc. The private narrative will be wasn't ready, gut check, etc. Remember if he stays at URI both UConn and Pitt were turned down.

Now if he goes to Pitt, the public narrative will be UConn isn't a top job anymore, and the private narrative will be that AAC money has us in a death spiral.

I'm fine if stays at URI, but pretty pissed at the AD/admin if he ends up at Pitt.

If he was staying at URI it wouldn't be hard, it would be easy, come out and announce it and celebrate.. Because it is hard, he is leaving...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom