Some fan: another akinjo thread... why? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Some fan: another akinjo thread... why?

Reaction Score
Let Hurley do his job for goodness sake. I'm sure he knows what he's looking for in skill sets, background and character. If anything, I would imagine DH wants to build some distinct team chemistry which has been sorely lacking. He's going to build a team not a collection of individuals with the highest rating available.

I totally agree but let the Yard be the Yard. It’s part of the fun.

Reaction Score
If you can go to Lithuania you can go to Cali ... akinjo > Kisunas

I thought the same thing when I read Kisunas's tweet.
Turns out Wolfeboro is in New Hampshire not Lithuania.

Reaction Score
Maybe he has other priorities. Akinjo is good but our program does not hinge on getting this guy. Let's all chill a bit and let Hurley do his job.

Yeah you’re right we’re not hinged on Akinjo, Matthews or Kisunas. Ok

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Yeah but his #1 priority is recruitment and here is a kid who is a proven PG and those are not a dime a dozen PLUS he was a signed recruit. He can't be naming asst's until posting close and can't see what else is more pressing than showing his commitment than hopping on a plane and going out to hear the kid out. IMHO - the kid deserves that from UConn. Would he return to the fold? Who knows but it is something that I would guess most coaches will do. No the program doesn't hinge on it but not sure there are a hell of a lot of 4* PGs out there. Time is ticking ,,,,,

His #1 goal should be keeping guys we have, which means sticking around campus and building a relationship with them. It's hard too plug holes in the ship when more keep appearing.

I would think, but I don't know, that he's had a phone conversation or two with Akinjo. If he felt only luke warm interest, I'm not sure he'd waste his time, when he's better able to put a full court press on guys closer to home. But if there's interest, he'll do it in a heartbeat; not like it's difficult to do jmo

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I disagree. Unless we think another year will get us premier recruits we need to seed the program for future years. He needs to establish consistency. Think of next year as a rebuilding year.

A lot of our best players did not have a huge impact their freshman year. If we bring in two grads and they leave we have to reload the gun and play with freshman in the 19/20 season. That doesn't seem like a formula for success down the road. We should prioritize players that can get minutes in the rebuild year and use that experience for the next season. If there is one grad that we think can have a major impact, then do it. Anything more than that will hurt us long term more than we will likely want.

If we end up with a situation where we feel really bad about who we can get for next season, then by all means, grad transfers will be a best option. I think it should be the last option tho.

For what it's worth, I dont' think Hurley is taking a wait til next year mindset. He'll use Grad transfers as a last resort emergencey for next year. But to build a program, you can't have empty classes. Too many of those.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Speaks volumes on what Hurley really thinks, doesn't it? I think I am going to trust him rather than all the experts here on the boneyard.

I don't think it says anything at the moment. But you're second point is spot on. Doesn't mean we can't discuss it though.

Reaction Score
Why isn't Hurley in cali with James yet?? on his aunts twitter all these coaches are there? I thought he remained interested.

Weather is pretty nice here in Cali. Mid 70's. I'd tell Hurley to come out here for a vacay, but the brother has work to do.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Do you people not get it?

One Akinjo thread with thousands of replies and views

Not thousands of Akinjo threads with a smattering of views.

Reaction Score
Do you people not get it?

One Akinjo thread with thousands of replies and views

Not thousands of Akinjo threads with a smattering of views.

You mean we need another Akinjo thread Fun? I can do that.....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom