Some Christyn Williams help? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Some Christyn Williams help?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I was at the first pre-season game and what shocked me about Walker was her fluidity. She just seemed to glide and--more importantly--know where to glide. Even in those few minutes it was clear that she had fantastic instincts. Some players walk on the court and everyone instantly knows she's an alpha. That's Walker.
Agreed. I like the way Meg moves and where she goes.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
went to look back to see if KLS was listed as a guard or a wing...it was as a wing...a bit off topic but interesting to see how the 2015 ESPN top 100 panned out

2015 HoopGurlz Recruiting Rankings - espnW 100 - ESPN

An observation........................Sometimes we wonder why other schools in the AAC can't raise the level of their play and their won/loss records from year to year. Look the the HoopGurlz Recruit Rankings for 2015, and take note that besides UConn, how many other AAC schools recruited any of these top 100 players.

The other schools in the AAC are not getting the best players coming out of high school. They are not competing with the UConns, Baylors, Notre Dames etc, for the same recruits.

HoopGurlz Recruiting Rankings-2016 = 2 players to AAC teams #32 Dorottya Nagy 6'1" W to USF
& 81 Kornelia Wright 5'7" PG to UCF

HoopGurlz Recruiting Rankings-2017 = 2 players to USF #93 Sylvia Serrat 6-2 W, and & #77 Alba Prieto 5-11 PG.

Last edited by a moderator:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Who would the experts on here rather have CW or MW? Who has a higher ceiling?

That's an unfair question. That's like asking a parent which one of their two children is their favorite.

Reaction Score
You looked at the list and came up with HIGGS being over ranked? Shepard, the two Euros at 4/5, Lambert and then outside your top 11 qualifier at 12/13 the train wreck that is Cooper as well as Patberg are all over-rated. Shepard IS NOT A 3 rank in any imagination. She will be absolutely gassed when ND plays UConn and it will be worse than the Nebraska game last year.
While on my mini ND rant (sorry Dillon/Orang) how could Boley be ranked #5 in 2016 and get so little play time and then transfer? Was she over-ranked or underused?

#1 Lou Great player
#2 Durr, has been a consistent scorer and has been invited to a few USAB camps
#3 I'm no fan of Shepard, but she has been putting up big numbers since she was at Nebraska
#4 Zandalasini just one a championship with the Lynx
#5 Salvadores is putting up decent numbers overseas
#6 Collier is a great player
#7 Higgins hasn't had a real chance to see minutes
#8 Anigwe has been putting up big numbers since day one at Cal
#9 Lambert has been starting for duke before injury
#10 Ogunbowale is probably a future All American

Reaction Score
That's an unfair question. That's like asking a parent which one of their two children is their favorite.

Not really. I'm sure each player has a different skill set or strengths or weaknesses. For the people who have watched both extensively it's a fair question to ask.

Reaction Score
Not really. I'm sure each player has a different skill set or strengths or weaknesses. For the people who have watched both extensively it's a fair question to ask.

you'll have a definitive answer to that question in a couple of years...............they are somewhat similar in their willingness to drive to the basket, Walker a better rebounder and defender, Williams a better outside shooter, while they both have good mid range games............both of them have great attitudes and will work to become the best players they can be............

Reaction Score
you'll have a definitive answer to that question in a couple of years.....they are somewhat similar in their willingness to drive to the basket, Walker a better rebounder and defender, Williams a better outside shooter, while they both have good mid range games..both of them have great attitudes and will work to become the best players they can be..

Sounds exciting!
Now let's add BB for a no conscience long range threat.

Reaction Score
Sounds exciting!
Now let's add BB for a no conscience long range threat.

there's going to be quite a tug of war for Brunelle........let's hope she's willing to come north to play

Reaction Score
there's going to be quite a tug of war for Brunelle...let's hope she's willing to come north to play
UConn baseball team needs to get her boyfriend to transfer from Clemson - package deal. Maybe George Springer could help out. (This would all be cool with the NCAA, right?)

Reaction Score
UConn baseball team needs to get her boyfriend to transfer from Clemson - package deal. Maybe George Springer could help out. (This would all be cool with the NCAA, right?)

There's holidays and skype to re connect. It's better not having a BF/GF at uconn anyways. Trust me.

Reaction Score
She lives north of Christyn, Mikayla, Lexi, and even Megan.

very true but as far as I know, none of them are dating a guy who will be going to Clemson to play baseball next year.............it may mean absolutely nothing but between her family and her beau, I wonder if she would to prefer to stay in the South east............as usual, comes down to that question of priorities............let's hope her's are a great education and great basketball.............

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
very true but as far as I know, none of them are dating a guy who will be going to Clemson to play baseball next year...it may mean absolutely nothing but between her family and her beau, I wonder if she would to prefer to stay in the South east..as usual, comes down to that question of priorities..let's hope her's are a great education and great basketball...
I thought all of them were dating various Clemson baseball players. ;)

Maybe Sam wants to be close to her boyfriend--South Carolina is in the same State and about 130 miles from Clemson--but her Virginia home is 380 miles from S.C. and 467 miles from UConn. Not a huge difference.

Reaction Score
I thought all of them were dating various Clemson baseball players. ;)

Maybe Sam wants to be close to her boyfriend--South Carolina is in the same State and about 130 miles from Clemson--but her Virginia home is 380 miles from S.C. and 467 miles from UConn. Not a huge difference.

believe me, I hope it's just my paranoia speaking...........I hate to be sexist but it seems to me that WBB recruits are somewhat more likely to have proximity to family and friends as a high priority...........obviously that's not always the case thank goodness.............

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
believe me, I hope it's just my paranoia speaking......I hate to be sexist but it seems to me that WBB recruits are somewhat more likely to have proximity to family and friends as a high priority......obviously that's not always the case thank goodness...

But there’s playing for Geno, and there’s playing anywhere else. Bruney is smart; she will surely realize the necessity to put her dating life on a semi-hold while she completes her degree. Maybe.

Years ago, as I began my graduate studies in an accelerated program, our department chair brought us together for the first meeting and told us, “If you have a spouse, you’ll be lucky to keep him/her, and if you have a boyfriend or girlfriend, get rid of him/her as you won’t have time for growing a relationship.”

Me? I met my wife during this period of my life, but I still understood the message. There was very little time for anything other than being a (very) full-time student. My guess is that big-time athletes face the same sort time crunch in their short-term future and they know it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom