Some Big East & non-UConn articles | The Boneyard

Some Big East & non-UConn articles

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Louisville women strive for consistency, face tough Marquette squad next, Louisville Courier Journal
Rushdan holds all the marbles, Asbury Park Press
UHart women ready to begin league play, JI
[Middlebury] falls to Tufts, Middlebury College News
To play is victory for [Xavier's Amber] Grey, Cincinnati.com
No explanation as Schroll leaves Iowa State, Ames Tribune
[Marist] rallies late, surges past St. Peter's, Poughkeepsie Journal
Buzzer beater lifts [Purdue] over Illinois, Purdue Exponent
Women's college basketball, quality on the rise, Black Athlete.com

Best team coverage, IMO: UConn, Louisville, Notre Dame, Rutgers
Will reports scores, do occasional article (maybe): Georgetown, Marquette, South Florida, St. John's, Syracuse, Villanova
They have a women's basketball team?: Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Providence, Seton Hall, West Virginia

Do the better teams attract better coverage or does the better coverage attract better players? Hmm?

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
The gap between coverge of UConn & the rest is probably significant.

I believe the ND and Louisville, then another drop to Rutgers. What Rutgers benefits from, traditionally, is the Asbury Park Press being part of a newspaper group, so articles in various edited lengths appear in a variety of regional papers. The only other newspaper of note in the state, the Newark Star Ledger, traditionally covers RU as negatively as possible.

Out here is Arizona, there seems to usually be a post-game article, but otherwise . . . men's hoops articles every day (often more than one).

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The gap between coverge of UConn & the rest is probably significant.

I believe the ND and Louisville, then another drop to Rutgers. What Rutgers benefits from, traditionally, is the Asbury Park Press being part of a newspaper group, so articles in various edited lengths appear in a variety of regional papers. The only other newspaper of note in the state, the Newark Star Ledger, traditionally covers RU as negatively as possible.
Several papers cover the RU women, right? I seem to recall the Bergen Record (Aditi with the long last name), the Newark Star Ledger, APP and the occasional NY newspaper covering the Scarlet Knights. Oddly enough, there's zero coverage of Seton Hall (women) among the same newspapers.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Several papers cover the RU women, right? I seem to recall the Bergen Record (Aditi with the long last name), the Newark Star Ledger, APP and the occasional NY newspaper covering the Scarlet Knights. Oddly enough, there's zero coverage of Seton Hall (women) among the same newspapers.
Bergen Record is part of Asbury Park Press group, along with the Courier News. The Ledger covers, but I don't think they have a beat writer assigned any longer. I remember Aditi, was well liked at RU. APP had a long time beat writer, name escapes me, originally from the Home News (another APP paper) that was retired or let go a couple of years ago. Its all part of the demise of print media.

RU also benefitted I think from the period where Stacey Brann was Viv's "handler" and the ASID. She has since moved on to a similar position at Pittsburgh, where here husband? fiancee? works.

Historically, the Ledger would cover Seton Hall Women, unfortunately, they have gotten so bad. . .

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Wonder if there is more to come in the Iowa State camp? Something seems out of balance with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom