Some Aaliyah love ❤️ | The Boneyard

Some Aaliyah love ❤️

Reaction Score
I can’t believe she doesn’t have her own thread

Apologies for the Canadian bias but I think this to myself a lot. Especially considering how much her game has evolved since last season and how consistent she's been this season.

Wasn't able to see the game live, but found it on YouTube. I appreciated how Lobo and her announcing partner noted how much of an impact Aaliyah had in this game. Especially being tasked with defending Miller. That's not an easy assignment for anyone.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Apologies for the Canadian bias but I think this to myself a lot. Especially considering how much her game has evolved since last season and how consistent she's been this season.

Wasn't able to see the game live, but found it on YouTube. I appreciated how Lobo and her announcing partner noted how much of an impact Aaliyah had in this game. Especially being tasked with defending Miller. That's not an easy assignment for anyone.
We UConn fans do tend to take sustained excellence for granted. Nykesha, Shea, Sue, Swin, Tamika, Asjha, Diana, Tina, Maya, Breanna…and so many more. Unfortunately, bad games get more chatter than a string of really good ones :(

Reaction Score
Aaliyah was unstoppable against Maryland. She is absolutely having an All-American type year and should definitely be in that conversation. She's really bounced back from last year and has grown her game so much. She's being aggressive under the basket without a ton of fouls and her shooting touch this year is excellent, especially that elbow jumper that has become very consistent for her and changes the teams look when she can hit from out there.

Reaction Score
We UConn fans do tend to take sustained excellence for granted. Nykesha, Shea, Sue, Swin, Tamika, Asjha, Diana, Tina, Maya, Breanna…and so many more. Unfortunately, bad games get more chatter than a string of really good ones :(
Unfortunately, this is true.

We seem to take good performances by talented players for granted and overstress on a bad performance. And not just on this forum. True in many aspects of life, unfortunately.

Reaction Score

We seem to take good performances by talented players for granted and overstress on a bad performance. And not just on this forum. True in many aspects of life, unfortunately.

I think any fan base, regardless of sport is guilty of that. It feels that others get a bit more of a pass than others to me. Again, as someone who's been lucky to see her development well before she was on UConn's radar, I have a soft spot for what she's accomplished to date.

And I also get the frustration with last season because she didn't leap as far ahead as expected. Sure, her involvement with Canada Basketball and the Olympics could be part of it, however it was frustrating to read the comments about her involvement when some of her team mates were also representing USA basketball at FIBA events. Not exactly apples to apples, but it still didn't seem fair, especially considering the challenges Canada Basketball had to go through in comparison to other teams.

Her work ethic is something every UConn fan hopes to see out of the team, especially when she's away from Storrs. Getting gym time to train in Ontario isn't easy or cheap, let alone in Kingston. Sometimes I've noticed via IG she's travelled to Toronto to access a gym available due to her Canada Basketball athlete status. Travelling 2 hours to work on getting better when you can't get what you want done at home isn't something many will do.

Reaction Score

OH'Canada! No apology is necessary, you are in good company and Canada has been better than well represented, then and now,, on Uconn WCBB. Think Berube!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
And Aaliyah is doing what she's doing while wearing that mask!
There have been some "good" guys that wore masks.......The Lone Ranger, Zorro (a servant of the people), Batman & Robin, The Green Hornet, The Green Arrow, Spiderman, etc. :) Mark Aaliyah down as being a "good" guy.

Reaction Score

The problem with being a living human: We are not often noticed when we excel. Life isn't fair. Defecation occurs.

But isn't is WONDERFUL when a Kid Like EDWARDS is recognized? That does not mean she WASN"T recognized for what she could be and was before this--she has. If ALL didn't praise her MANY on the BY were and are "A"'s fans and cheerleaders.
I honestly cannot think of ONE UConn young woman that isn't praised, from time to time. DeBerry got a beating and then Cheers, Ines too felt the love. Caroline has felt both sides of being in the headlights--she is MY personal favorite, along with Ines. I'm too jumping on the DeBerry bandwagon.

Reaction Score
There have been some "good" guys that wore masks.......The Lone Ranger, Zorro (a servant of the people), Batman & Robin, The Green Hornet, The Green Arrow, Spiderman, etc. :) Mark Aaliyah down as being a "good" guy.
And each performs beyond human exploits wearing that mask. The great thing about Edwards---she plays great with or without --a super human mask.
I was about to speak to the wonders of wearing a Lone Range mask--but you beat me to it---thanks.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Sorry (no pun intended), but I don't get the Berube reference. I thought Kia Nurse was the first Canadian to play for UConn?
Unless you count Kelly Schumacher, who was born in the US (Cincinnati) and was/is a US citizen, but moved to Canada (a small French-speaking town in the Province of Quebec) when she was 10 years old.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom