Solving the rebounding problem | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Solving the rebounding problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
But you don't have to worry about carrying/palming the ball. I'm actually happy that isn't called anymore. Back in the old days it seemed that was called every 3 possessions or so. Made the game lethargic.
I agree. It's a fine line though. Palming the ball excessively though to the point of a carry gives an advantage to the offensive player that was never intended in the game. That has to be called for balance.

Reaction Score
Watching Q I see good effort on rebounding and she is very athletic. She is a very good streaky shooter at the three and possible the four to take some minutes for Aubrey to rest. And i just love her jump shot. I would love to see KK at the point wtih three shooters, Paige, Ashlynn and Q and if Nika will start to shoot more and get us 10 + points a game while shooting a good 3 point Pct would be great. Of Course AE at the 5 with Ice as her backup and Aubrey for defense rebounding and energy and hustle.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Today vs Louisville, UL had 11o+18d = 29 total rebs. UConn had 5o+28d = 33 total rebs. UConn's edge on defensive rebs was a key in no second chance easy points.

Reaction Score
Today vs Louisville, UL had 11o+18d = 29 total rebs. UConn had 5o+28d = 33 total rebs. UConn's edge on defensive rebs was a key in no second chance easy points.
Yes, and a number of Louisville's O-boards came on the same trip. If you need 3 or 4 attempts to get the score, those boards aren't quite worth as much in my book.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Just reading that Xavier and Nevada have enlisted a volleyball player to add to their depleted roster. The volleyball season is over (except for the final 4), so I wonder if UConn has any tall VB players with basketball experience can be added to our roster. Just grasping for straws. LOL

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
If only our opponents shot better our defensive rebounding would be amazing.

Reaction Score
Just reading that Xavier and Nevada have enlisted a volleyball player to add to their depleted roster. The volleyball season is over (except for the final 4), so I wonder if UConn has any tall VB players with basketball experience can be added to our roster. Just grasping for straws. LOL
You mean you want UCONN to emulate National Powers Xavier and Nevada? Fundamentals be thrown away and let's try to follow a team like Xavier that has won 1 baksetball game this year I believe? UCONN just blew out a ranked team and you want to go after players that never played basketball at a high level? Unbelievable.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
You mean you want UCONN to emulate National Powers Xavier and Nevada? Fundamentals be thrown away and let's try to follow a team like Xavier that has won 1 baksetball game this year I believe? UCONN just blew out a ranked team and you want to go after players that never played basketball at a high level? Unbelievable.
What the hell does my question have to do with the quality of the teams involved, it's about player availability and talent. Some volleyball players played good high school basketball but opted to go to college on a volleyball scholarship. We are thin in the post in case you haven't noticed, and it was just a suggestion that if you look at the volleyball team there may be a player that has just enough basketball experience that could help us. It has nothing to do with Xavier, nothing to do with Nevada, it has to do with UConn and UConn athletes. Can you understand that or are you narrow minded and not open to possible ways to help this team? Just saying it can be done if the talent is there. Geez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom