2023 Recruiting: - Solomon Ball | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Solomon Ball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yep spent the weekend watching two in soccer tournaments. After too many years coaching I get to sit and watch. I do catch myself coaching out loud and always second guessing the refs. My 10 yo granddaughter is a very special player beyond her years. She takes after her mother. Enjoy them whenever you can because they grow up so fast.
Just came back from a travel soccer tournament in Glenwood Springs,Colo... 11 yr old Granddaughter is a striker on a team that plays "up"..vs older kids.. Tough when you live 2000 miles away from them but you just enjoy the time when you have it while you have it.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Not sure the kiss will happen with the mask but will be thinking to do so. The situation you speak of almost happened with my sons GF as well but she quickly jumped from 5 to 10cms and delivered before they needed to c section. The BP was an issue as well but all is well as we speak, thanks fleudy and BYers for the well wishes. Can’t wait for the game changing times I hear of Umani :D
At first, the various new birth and COVID-cautious prohibitions & limitations after my granddaughter's late January birth felt excessive, inconvenient, and burdensome. It was awkward to wear a mask, wash hands, breathe away from the face, etc. It was difficult to be helpful, let alone fully experience the joy.

At 8 weeks, she finally saw my full face through not yet fully-focusing eyes. Prior to that, only Mom & Dad went maskless.

Last weekend, at 19 weeks, she was in CT and meeting my/my daughter's extended family for the first time. 14 different adults gathered for brunch, and all got to hold her after washing hands. I was shocked by how relaxed my daughter was. My granddaughter went from very few trips out of the home in her first 16 weeks to now having logged more than 3,000 road miles across 10 or more states since Memorial Day weekend.

A lot more than I've have imagined has gone into every decision and decision-making process, but all has been measured and caring, a things have unfolded.

In a week, I'll travel back to where the North, South, and Midwest meet for another 4 months, and get a better sense of whether & how my relocation will extend indefinitely.

Now, there are grasping hands, recognizing eyes that result in big smiles, a developing playful singing voice, and strong hints that rolling over, mobility, and teeth pushing through gums are in the weeks ahead. It's awesome in every way.

PS - Quite a thread!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I saw in another thread you have some surgeries coming up. My best to you that all will end healthy and feeling better soon gtcam!! God Bless
Had hernia surgery last Thursday (06/16) but that couldn't keep me away from the soccer - just couldn't carry my chair! Back at work today for limited hours for a few days but I just can't baby these things - not my personality. Having foot reconstruction surgery this up coming winter.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Had hernia surgery last Thursday (06/16) but that couldn't keep me away from the soccer - just couldn't carry my chair! Back at work today for limited hours for a few days but I just can't baby these things - not my personality.
I recommend not thinking of it as "babying" and leaving your personality out of the equation.

My hernia surgery (inguinal) was the most accurately described "not a big deal" of any surgery I've experienced. And I've heard the same from others. Full recovery in a 6 week time frame.

It was emphasized that the worst thing to risk would be the need for a re-do because of internal healing compromised by premature stress on things you can't see or feel. That's what's behind the limitations on lifting weights that seem minor.

Reaction Score
Not to change the subject too much, but this is the recruit I want badly. I have a good feeling about him. I love a later-riser. Flashes of shooting ability, good finisher, and a freak athlete.

You are actually changing the subject back to what it is supposed to be about. If they want to talk about other things, start a new OT thread!!!

Reaction Score
Not to change the subject too much, but this is the recruit I want badly. I have a good feeling about him. I love a later-riser. Flashes of shooting ability, good finisher, and a freak athlete.
Him and Middleton would be an either or scenario right?

Reaction Score
Could be off here, see Castle as a PG/CG, Ball as strictly more a CG, Middleton as a pure wing.

While that would be an amazing class, I would be REALLY worried about where shooting would come from

Reaction Score
this is the recruit I want badly
even over chatman? assuming we want 1 more CG along with castle so it would be either/or. same goes for carr

Reaction Score

They aren't the same position, but skillset wise... maybe.

Castle and Ball are inconsistent. Middleton is basically a non-shooter. Taking on 3 perimeter shooting projects would be a huge risk.

Reaction Score
even over chatman? assuming we want 1 more CG along with castle so it would be either/or. same goes for carr

Chatman is better. That kid is a talent. Just getting the vibe we're 3rd place in a two horse race.

Reaction Score
They aren't the same position, but skillset wise... maybe.

Castle and Ball are inconsistent. Middleton is basically a non-shooter. Taking on 3 perimeter shooting projects would be a huge risk.
fair concern but of the 3 I only think Castle would be starting in '23. hopefully along with alleyne (who uses his covid year) and either hawk or aj at SF (i dont think both go pro after this season). we'd also have karaban as a stretch 4.

i agree we'd def need to bring in some shooters in '24 tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman