2023 Recruiting: - Solomon Ball | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Solomon Ball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Curious to see where he is ranked in the next update of the rankings.

Currently unranked in the class of 2023, Solomon Ball has been one of the top stock risers of the spring who has really benefited from AAU so far. At 6-foot-3 Ball is a lean guard who plays with a lot of toughness on both sides of the ball. In both games, Ball showcased his athleticism, defense, getting to the rim and is a capable shooter. Recently Ball has taken an unofficial visit to UConn, an official visit to DePaul and will go to USC June 5-7 on an official visit.

Reaction Score
UConn: “The visit was really nice. It's not in the city but has somewhat of a city feel since it has a really nice town and the community and fans are great. Their message has been they really believe in my ability to guard a good amount of positions and they believe in my ability to score the ball.”

So where exactly is that "nice town"? His hometown must be really small. Lol

Reaction Score
UConn: “The visit was really nice. It's not in the city but has somewhat of a city feel since it has a really nice town and the community and fans are great. Their message has been they really believe in my ability to guard a good amount of positions and they believe in my ability to score the ball.”

Lovettesville, VA- really small town. The HS he goes to is another really small town in MD

Reaction Score

Reaction Score

“I’ve been on one official visit to DePaul, May 8th through 10th,” Ball said. “I’m going to USC on June 5th through 7th and a bunch of unofficials; Maryland, West Virginia, Pitt, Xavier. I am trying to set up official visits with UConn, Xavier, and Miami.”

UConn: “Coach (Dan) Hurley, I talk to him a lot, Coach (Luke) Murray as well. They talk about my tenacity. They like that I’m a competitor, he’s a fiery dude, and I’m a fiery dude, and I think our mentalities would match.”

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
That sounds promising.

I bet the wolves here will love this quote:

"...I could care less about how much a team is winning, as long as I can find a way to get myself into that lineup..."

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
That sounds promising.

I bet the wolves here will love this quote:

"...I could care less about how much a team is winning, as long as I can find a way to get myself into that lineup..."
Too innocent to care about PR and all that jazz. He’s being honest and no matter what people say, it’s true about 90% or more of the player base nationally. That is funny though.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Go pound sand, hater.

He likes the city of Storrs. Not sure why you have a problem with our urban campus, so maybe just stop posting about stuff you clearly know nothing about.

Reaction Score

Where his prep school is at is essentially a western Md “city”. Hagerstown is essentially western and BMore w/ obviously less crime, but WAY more big city problems than a town of 40-50k should have.

Storrs looks like Newport, RI compared to Haggy

Reaction Score
1654914544102.gif

According to this interview, he has a 6’10 wingspan…woah

Reaction Score
View attachment 76855

According to this interview, he has a 6’10 wingspan…woah

6’10 wingspan and 45” vert lol

Reaction Score
Great to have SB playing in closer proximity to the city of Storrs next year--Which by the way- Is almost twice as large as the city of Wolfeboro.

Getting him on campus for an OV in June is huge.. Let's close the deal.

Reaction Score
The game is changing. June used to be a quiet month before the July recruiting events. Programs preferred officials in the Fall when the campus was full. Now, there are so many other factors involved that it‘s more get them on campus, show them what your program is and how it benefits them.

Reaction Score
The game is changing. June used to be a quiet month before the July recruiting events. Programs preferred officials in the Fall when the campus was full. Now, there are so many other factors involved that it‘s more get them on campus, show them what your program is and how it benefits them.
Also allows them to meet their future teammates/coaches in a more relaxed atmosphere. Obviously, for the guys who are on campus for the first summer session.

Reaction Score
I was curious about these June OVs. We've been so accustomed to (and frankly spoiled by the success of) Hurley's fall OVs, I was wondering what the impetus for the change was.

Reaction Score
I was curious about these June OVs. We've been so accustomed to (and frankly spoiled by the success of) Hurley's fall OVs, I was wondering what the impetus for the change was.
Probably an easy answer to that. Just that getting a verbal commitment sooner is better.

Reaction Score
Probably an easy answer to that. Just that getting a verbal commitment sooner is better.
But getting the verbal was the tough part, and the packed campus, high energy crowd games on visit, and parties and whatever surely helped with that. You don't have much of any of that in the summer. Presumably this means that the staff thinks that NIL has become the single most important factor (or maybe 2nd after relationship with coach/team) in securing a commitment, and that you no longer need any of that other stuff.

Reaction Score
But getting the verbal was the tough part, and the packed campus, high energy crowd games on visit, and parties and whatever surely helped with that. You don't have much of any of that in the summer. Presumably this means that the staff thinks that NIL has become the single most important factor (or maybe 2nd after relationship with coach/team) in securing a commitment, and that you no longer need any of that other stuff.
I would agree with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman