Sold out! (Again!)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
744EDA30-8BC9-4E91-A4A8-76D13F2C35A9.jpeg

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I feel sorry for the students that both the Marquette and Creighton games are at the XL. These are the two top competitors that UConn has in the Big East and they either have to go to Hartford to see it live or watch it on SNY. I can maybe understand the Marquette game being that it is over Christmas break, but why Creighton on 2/19.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I feel sorry for the students that both the Marquette and Creighton games are at the XL. These are the two top competitors that UConn has in the Big East and they either have to go to Hartford to see it live or watch it on SNY. I can maybe understand the Marquette game being that it is over Christmas break, but why Creighton on 2/19.

Reaction Score
Congrats!

Announced today that UConn at SCar is a sellout too. Thanks UConn! We have only sold out our 18,000 seats about ten times and UConn has probably been the opponent in about half of those games. Indeed, traveling Husky fans have helped in ticket buying.

A road sellout is as much to be cherished (to me) as one at home.

We played a road sellout last night at Bowling Green. A little less than 5,000 seats but still , it’s gratifying when opposing fans have the passion to come to a game to pull for the upset. I wish all the P-6 teams could draw 5,000! Sell outs are good for wbb in general.

Even television is affected. Big, Loud environments make a tv game much more fun than games where you can hear the ball bounce echoing through an empty hall.

So get more sellouts dogs! Home and road!

Reaction Score
Just bought my in-laws tickets for the DePaul game at Gampel on bleachers. Didn’t even think about it til now. Does Gampel allow you to bring your own seats like some people do for football? Does this question even make sense? Lol

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Just bought my in-laws tickets for the DePaul game at Gampel on bleachers. Didn’t even think about it til now. Does Gampel allow you to bring your own seats like some people do for football? Does this question even make sense? Lol
This link said there’s a size limit on seat backs and chair backs which leads me to some sort of seating is permitted. You could try contacting the athletic department if you want to confirm

Reaction Score
I just found an instagram announcing UConn's 200th sellout back in 2018. (Yippee, SCar has had 10 in its history! Prolly half were UConn in our house :oops:) Does anybody know what UConn's total is now?

Does anybody know if that total sellouts at home? (probably?)

Any idea haw many road sellouts Uconn has played in?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I just found an instagram announcing UConn's 200th sellout back in 2018. (Yippee, SCar has had 10 in its history! Prolly half were UConn in our house :oops:) Does anybody know what UConn's total is now?

I looked at the media notes and there’s no mention of the number of sellouts. Perhaps some day South Carolina won’t bother to count, too. ;)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

In the 1995-2004 period, it seemed that almost every game was a sellout. The attendance at Gampel was listed at 10,167, and the attendance at XL (new name) was 16,294 or so. During the Maya and Stewie eras, we had occasional sell-outs. There has been considerable discussion of declining attendances. Some factors included ticket and parking cost, safety in Hartford, inaccessibility to Storrs, availability of wide-screen TVs, aging fan base, and the loss of the novelty.

Reaction Score
This link said there’s a size limit on seat backs and chair backs which leads me to some sort of seating is permitted. You could try contacting the athletic department if you want to confirm

Nan, I looked at both links and didn't see anything about seat backs. Perhaps I missed it. In reality, the bleachers are a bad place for any seat back that extends beyond the back of the bleacher seat. The bleachers are way too cramped and a seat back could greatly inconvenience anyone sitting behind the seat back. Heck, it's cramped without anyone using seat backs. The bleachers are designed for small, undernourished people.

One possibility (as you suggested) is contacting the athletic department to see if accommodations could be made for alternate seating. If it's not a sellout perhaps that is possible.

Also the coaching staff get some reserved seats for VIPs, recruits, etc. behind the bench. Sometimes those seats go unused. Once at the XL I was upgraded to a seat immediately behind Geno. If there wasn't a cop seating between us I could have tapped Geno on the shoulder to help him out (lol). (Actually, a miserable seat for viewing a basketball game.)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Nan, I looked at both links and didn't see anything about seat backs. Perhaps I missed it. In reality, the bleachers are a bad place for any seat back that extends beyond the back of the bleacher seat. The bleachers are way too cramped and a seat back could greatly inconvenience anyone sitting behind the seat back. Heck, it's cramped without anyone using seat backs. The bleachers are designed for small, undernourished people.

One possibility (as you suggested) is contacting the athletic department to see if accommodations could be made for alternate seating. If it's not a sellout perhaps that is possible.

Also the coaching staff get some reserved seats for VIPs, recruits, etc. behind the bench. Sometimes those seats go unused. Once at the XL I was upgraded to a seat immediately behind Geno. If there wasn't a cop seating between us I could have tapped Geno on the shoulder to help him out (lol). (Actually, a miserable seat for viewing a basketball game.)
2F70A83C-4917-4BA8-9330-1E7EAE7E3671.jpeg

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
When it gets close to 200, I’ll stop. I’ll Probably draw my last breath well before it reaches 50 though

Just curious as to the current ticket prices at Colonial Life. I think I recall that prices were about $5 maybe 6-8 years ago. I think UConn's ticket prices run $20-$40 or possibly more for the current season.

Reaction Score
Just curious as to the current ticket prices at Colonial Life. I think I recall that prices were about $5 maybe 6-8 years ago. I think UConn's ticket prices run $20-$40 or possibly more for the current season.
SCar prices have increased but still below UConn and others. We are fortunate to make too 20 money in football and charge nominal prices for other sports like wbb. Dawn advocates for a family atmosphere with especially low children’s prices. Lawd knows families struggle to take children to football games.

Of course, there is Dawn’s salary and incentives!

Reaction Score
The cheapest tickets at Colonial Life for the Mississippi Valley State game (midday on Black Friday) had a $6 price printed on them, but you only got that deal if you bought weeks before the game. Day of the game, the box office was selling general admission tickets for $25. Looks like $25 for the conference home games, too. Most of the lower bowl (more than 10,000 of the 18,000 seats) were sold in season ticket packages that probably average out $15-$30 per game depending on location. Upper deck general admission season tickets were $75 for the 15 home games. (Probably more than you wanted, but you asked.)

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Yes, you can bring cushion or limited size chair backs as I have been bringing them for years.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Related to this "Sold Out" thread is the fact that through 5 home games (3 at XL and 2 at Gampel) is our attendance has been 10,216 which is close to our average from last year of 10,255 and with our big games on the schedule still coming up. We have to be encouraged when UConn can draw 9,354 fans on a Monday against Butler in Hartford! Last year our first 5 home games averaged 9,710 and our first 6 (also including the Marquette game on New Year's eve) averaged 9,661 fans. Glad to see the support as UConn is on it's way to it's highest attendance average since 2008-09 when they average 10,529 fans.

Reaction Score

This ^.

This ^. My wife and I, we were thinking about purchasing seat backs before the season started. I’m glad that we didn’t. It’s very cramped over there and as you stated, they would have extended pass the bleachers. I’m very considerate of others. I’m not a big guy by no means (5’11 175lbs), but geesh. If any of the games were crowded, I had to sit at an angle or at least try. I felt knees hitting my back during the Maryland game. :confused: Who’s the architect(s)? I need a word with him/her/they!!! ASAP! :rolleyes::D I did see some fans bring a padding without the back.

Reaction Score
Many years ago I had season tickets in the bleachers at Gampel. A nurse would lead an old guy in, another season ticket holder, and he sat right in front of me. He would use my knees as arm rests. I didn't mind that so much, but he always needed a fresh depends.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
It's been a while since the Huskies had so many sellouts. I think the reason is that we are now a vulnerable team, and actually have a chance to lose games. The blow outs will be seldom now, so now some of the games will be close and exciting, just like it was when UConn was trying to make a name for itself in the nineties. I don't know if I like it, as I always got nervous before the big non-conference games. Now, some of the BE games will make me nervous, but I guess that's a good thing, as long as we win. LOL

Reaction Score
I’ve seen people use those “seats“ at gampel.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
It's been a while since the Huskies had so many sellouts. I think the reason is that we are now a vulnerable team, and actually have a chance to lose games. The blow outs will be seldom now, so now some of the games will be close and exciting, just like it was when UConn was trying to make a name for itself in the nineties. I don't know if I like it, as I always got nervous before the big non-conference games. Now, some of the BE games will make me nervous, but I guess that's a good thing, as long as we win. LOL
Actually I believe that it is the play of the current line up that is exciting the fans. When was the last time that UConn had two freshman starting this early and having a third come in the first quarter. I may be wrong but I want to say it was the 2002-03 season with Ann Strother and Nicole Wolff.

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
we are now a vulnerable team, and actually have a chance to lose games is the exact reason for the rise in attendance (esp at away games) I thk 40% of WCBB fans want to see Uconn kick some butt while 60% wants to see UConn get their butt handed to them ( maybe 70-30) either way it's Uconn against the rest of the WCBB world which is good for attendance and tv ratings but not so good for the nerves and hearts of the UConn fan. To the rest of the country I say ....we've come to play ball, stand tall, and give it our all, bring your best we'll put you to the test, and you will see, we'll never bend the knee bcue we.....ARE UCONN UCONN UCONN.....WOOF!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom