So, You Hit Megamillions for $1.6B | The Boneyard

So, You Hit Megamillions for $1.6B

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
You win the whole thing.

Sole winning ticket, split with no one else.

Even after taxes you will have some free money and you choose to stroke a massive check to UConn to keep athletics competitive in a P5 world (You are also free to fund whatever academic programs as well).

How much and how do you allocate it?

Me? I'm thinking $250M long-term.

$200M- donation to be invested for operating income. Give AD a $15-$20 million per year operating income boost. UConn needs more income than they currently get from existing sources of income.
$30M- Donation for coaches salaries to support HC's and staff. Invest and draw down as necessary. Imperative to find and retain top coaching talent. Every coach's ego may equate to a coach leaving for another gig but UConn can't become a feeder school to the P5 because they can't pay HC and staff.
$15M- Hockey and baseball facility improvement on campus.
$5M- Other sports facilities improvements.

I might even throw in another $30-$40 million donation to add 15k seats to the Rent on contingency that seat donations go away, no seat costs more than $30 and seating for each section is first come, first serve.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I'd spend $5M on 22 Cam Newton level recruits at every positon, including kicker.

Reaction Score
I would spend the money to demolish Monteith and Arjona. I would replace them with two massive and beautiful academic buildings. One would house both humanities and the social sciences and the other would be a new engineering building for a new engineering department. I would also renovate Shippee to make it a palace for the honors students.

Reaction Score
How much does your ma send to UConn?? Why would you cap your donation based on her giving levels?

For $250M you could name buildings and scholarships in her honor.

I think you misunderstood. Let me clarify:

I wouldn't give more money to UCONN than I would give to my mother.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I think you misunderstood. Let me clarify:

I wouldn't give more money to UCONN than I would give to my mother.

Gotcha. I think with the amount of money you have you could make ma comfortable for substantially less than $250M, but that is a choice.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't give more money to UCONN than my mother.
I have thought about this before. If it's $1.6b then you're probably going to get about $700mm if you take the cash option or $1.1bb if you take the annuity. There is plenty of money to throw around. I would probably give away about $100mm to friends/family as a one time, you are never bothering me for money ever again, and then I'd probably spread out another $100mm in donations. At that point you still have $500mm. Live on the 5% interest and never touch the principle again. Even at 5% annually you can donate additional millions every year and it would be plenty of money to get your name on a building and help the school

I would also make sure to put away $100 for the guy I hate at work and give everyone else like ten grand just because he's an

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I would bulldoze Gampel and put a proper basketball venue on campus with comfortable seating. Won’t need to worry about finding Patoni replicas to fix the ceiling anymore, either.
1540058037988.png

Reaction Score
Endow the 85 scholarships for the football team minimum...see what it would take to endow every scholarship they give. This should reduce Athletic Department costs significantly. I would also fund a men's lacrosse program and the ice hockey teams would see a brand new facility (5000-5500 capacity including SRO, Top shelf practice facility as well).

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'd be busy figuring out where my new foundation should be allocating funds to develop practical models for reducing the cycle of poverty to have time for hoops or a hopeless g5 football program

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I would request itemized invoices of the expenses that kept the Yard going for 20 years and reimburse everyone.

I then would give $100,000 to each of my Top 15 fave Yarders.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom