So Who's # 2? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

So Who's # 2?

So Who's # 2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
I see the other Duke fans voted other..... perhaps I should change my vote to Other as to not to stand out from the crowd

Well put it this way. If the Bruins fail to deliver and indeed fall off that limb..... I already have posted the perfect pic :D:p:cool:;):)

I think UCLA might have the most talented team in the Pac-12..... but I question their coaching.... reminds me of team Im quite familiar with :oops::oops::oops::(:(:(Head bangHead bangHead bang
I picked the Bruins too. They played Uconn tough and they returned almost everyone.

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score
]
I almost wrote: As the man from Missouri (miszura) said; Show Me!\
But you did. Pretty fair amount of height on the team--is that backed up with talent??

Absolutely. Sophie is amazing and a certain draft pick in 2 years. Cierra, Jordan, Amber, etc. are all talented and experienced. We will be heard of by season's end and will be better than last year's squad who beat SC.

Reaction Score
Absolutely. Sophie is amazing and a certain draft pick in 2 years. Cierra, Jordan, Amber, etc. are all talented and experienced. We will be heard of by season's end and will be better than last year's squad who beat SC.

Fluke.... :rolleyes:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I didn't want to pick a standard choice, so I picked Mississippi State. I think McCowan has a huge upside, and Itty Bitty is the right point guard for them. If Vivians works on shot selection and Schaefer continues to hit threes, everything could come together. I like Vic Schaefer (really how could I not like any protege of Gary Blair), and to be perfectly honest, I'd like to see the team that eliminated UConn show that they really are near the top.

Reaction Score
On paper, with their injury-related and transfer losses, and with their lack of size, Notre Dame certainly looks highly suspect coming into the season. But the games aren't played on paper. Muffett remains the second best coach in the country, and plenty of talent is still on hand. Of all the listed candidates, the Irish remain the most dangerous potential opponent for the Huskies. To my mind, on that basis, they are #2.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Good question. For years it was a given that UConn was #1 and Notre Dame was #2. The Irish have slipped a bit the last couple years though. I think preseason I'd give the nod for #2 to South Carolina, until/unless they prove unworthy.

The Pac 12 should be really interesting this coming season. I'm looking forward to it. I see Stanford, UCLA, Oregon St. and Oregon battling it out for supremacy. Last season Arizona St. lost all of their guards/perimeter players with experience and it showed. Now all those young players gained valuable experience, but they have the opposite problem this time around--all the players in the post rotation graduated. Can't see them challenging the leaders this year either. As intriguing as the leaders might be, the middle of the conference could be fascinating too. Any number of teams that might improve from last year--USC, Washington St., Arizona, Cal. Not really sure what to expect from Utah and Colorado, and not sure just how far Washington is going to fall.

Reaction Score
On paper, with their injury-related and transfer losses, and with their lack of size, Notre Dame certainly looks highly suspect coming into the season. But the games aren't played on paper. Muffett remains the second best coach in the country, and plenty of talent is still on hand. Of all the listed candidates, the Irish remain the most dangerous potential opponent for the Huskies. To my mind, on that basis, they are #2.

Tara Vanderveer, wherever she may be, just threw up in her mouth!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
To any SC, Baylor, ND, TX, or Miss St state fans on board.... just letting you know that my vote is for sell. I have no idea what kinda food Mississippi or Indiana is known for..... but I could go for some Brisket or some Mustard Based BBQ right about now :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:cool:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
To any SC, Baylor, ND, TX, or Miss St state fans on board.... just letting you know that my vote is for sell. I have no idea what kinda food Mississippi or Indiana is known for..... but I could go for some Brisket or some Mustard Based BBQ right about now :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:cool:

Brisket, yes, mustard BBQ sauce, no thanks.

Reaction Score
I can agree on Oregon being in the top 10 but certainly not #2 over the regular elites (SC,Baylor,ND, Stanford). I wouldn't even have Oregon St. in the top 25 this year. Losing wiese will hurt them.

If you go back to last preseason you'd see the same comments only it would be about losing Weisner and Hamblin.

Reaction Score
Who have Oregon lost that they can't get a nomination or even a mention in the whole thread?

It's verboten on the east coast to consider any PAC12 team among the best before the E8. :rolleyes:

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
How about the 5 players who DON'T start for UConn for #2?
A'ja Wilson, Brooke McCarthy, Jaime Nared, Morgan William, and Sabrina Lonescu how's that team?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
If you go back to last preseason you'd see the same comments only it would be about losing Weisner and Hamblin.

Exactly! I keep saying OSU will surprise people this year.

ocoandasoc

Fan of MizzoUConn
Reaction Score
I'm casting my sentimental vote for the Missouri Tigers. They won't be taken lightly in the SEC.

1 Kelsey Winfrey 5-9 G Fr. Lebanon, Mo. / Lebanon
2 Jordan Roundtree 5-9 G So. St. Louis, Mo. / Kirkwood
3 Sophie Cunningham 6-1 G Jr. Columbia, Mo. / Rock Bridge
4 Bri Porter 6-3 F R-Jr. Columbia, Mo. / Rock Bridge
5 Lauren Aldridge 5-7 G R-Jr. Marshfield, Mo. / Marshfield Kansas
10 Nadia Green 5-10 G Fr. Chicago, Ill. / Homewood-Flossmoor
12 Elle Brown 5-11 G Fr. Columbia, Mo. / Rock Bridge
13 Hannah Schuchts 6-2 F R-So. Tallahassee, Fla. / Maclay
20 Kayla McDowell 6-2 F R-Sr. Cincinnati, Ohio / Mason
21 Cierra Porter 6-4 F Jr. Columbia, Mo. / Rock Bridge
22 Jordan Frericks 6-1 F R-Sr. Quincy, Ill. / Quincy Notre Dame
23 Amber Smith 5-11 G So. Shreveport, La. / Loyola College Prep
24 Jordan Chavis 5-7 G So. Lexington, N.C. / Central Davidson
34 Emmanuelle Tahane 6-1 F Fr. Bondy, France / Marcelin Berthelot

This could be our best year ever!

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score
Our "farm gal" Sophie will need a linebacker to stop her this year.

Reaction Score
I voted for Texas as the #2 team. I really like their roster and especially like their coach. I feel she's as good as Mulkey without all the drama. Texas should overtake Baylor in the Big12 this season.

Reaction Score
1. South Carolina
2. Uconn
3. Stanford
4. Notre Dame
5. Miss St
6. Baylor
7. Texas
8. Oregon
9. Ucla
10. Duke

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Doesn't South Carolina stay #1 until someone can beat them?
If that's the case then Rocky Marciano is the greatest heavyweight of all time and still the reigning champion.

Reaction Score
Our "farm gal" Sophie will need a linebacker to stop her this year.

Right... I forgot she is a football player on the court (like that time she slammed A&M's Danni Williams to the floor in the SEC Tourney).

Hope

flowers die
Reaction Score
Ty Harris could very well have an AA sophomore season after her performance at the u19 championships. She nearly had a 50/40/90 tournament and showed glimpses of how special she will be this season. With her as the floor general and Bianca cuevas-Moore as her running mate they will be tough not only defensively but offensively as well. I'm also expecting big improvements from Kiki Herbert Harrigan and Doniyah Cliney. Those two will be needed to provide depth at the Wing/ Forward positions. If our guard play balances out with our post play I wouldn't doubt another FF appearance.
New Jersey, huh. Which exit?

ocoandasoc

Fan of MizzoUConn
Reaction Score
Right... I forgot she is a football player on the court (like that time she slammed A&M's Danni Williams to the floor in the SEC Tourney).

She actually did play on the boys varsity football team in 2014 at Rock Bridge high school in Columbia, MO.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom