So who starts at QB next week? | Page 10 | The Boneyard

So who starts at QB next week?

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
What are the chances the two deep has an "OR" for QB when it comes out tomorrow? Randy does love him some "OR."

Perhaps Randy derives some sadistic pleasure from reading this thread, and doesn't want it to end just yet. ;)

Reaction Score
What are the chances the two deep has an "OR" for QB when it comes out tomorrow? Randy does love him some "OR."

If you were in charge of putting out the QB two deep, would the starting QB be listed as "see #2"? ;)

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
not even 24hrs and this thread has 7 pages lol should be a great year
the beauty of a thread about what the coach should do is we can repeat it discussing the merits of what he did do.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Holy Cross came out stacking the box and run blitzing. Until we demonstrate a down field passing game, that's what we're going to see. With our O-line problems, it made sense to limit Pindell to the short horizontal throws but that doesn't back the defense up... and our wr's weren't breaking those initial tackles. So, after a good first drive, the three and outs start mounting and DP starts pressing. I think Kris1 had it right when he talked about DP getting frustrated and having the game speed up on him a little bit. Even in that 10-15 yard range, the ability to attack the second level forces the defense to back off. I think that was the difference between the two qbs. I'm not sure DP can't operate in that range, I think it's more that we were trying to make things easy on him but it didn't really work.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I asked UCYamsMD who should start and she suggested that Pindell start and then we yank him again because we did that last game and won...

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Oh boy - here comes the peanut gallery.

I don't think anyone will be pissed about BS starting.

My question is what happens if he struggles in the first half to move the ball. Are we going to stick with him or do you switch back again and when does it stop?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

My question is what happens if he struggles in the first half to move the ball. Are we going to stick with him or do you switch back again and when does it stop?

We switch back in that scenario if BS throws in the double coverage repeatedly and has a couple turnovers.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I watched a replay last night and the two played very similar. I forgot that DP drove the team down the field only to have a 4th down run stuffed in the red zone.

They both completed a high percentage.

The differences?

BS had more run support.
BS's drives ended touchdowns.

And here is the big one, which I didn't see live but was pretty clear on TV. DP threw into double coverage a bunch of times in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. BS made better reads.

That and his connection to a lot of his teammates will defend this regardless of the outcome.

We are now looking at a game by game and maybe a half by half until someone shows consistency. BS can cement the job Saturday or he can give DP another shot.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Even if you were in the DP camp, you can't get too upset with this decision. I can see the coaches going either way on this, and I will trust that RL and RE know what is best for the team.

One of the nice things about having a competent staff in place, is that you don't believe you know better than the coaches.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Good. While USF is ranked, the fact Stony Brook hung around with them so long gives me some hope.

As other's have mentioned, we may project the W/L record and we may think we can only win 3 or 4 games, but Randy is clearly sending the message to the team that he is playing for the present and giving them the best shot to win a conference game.

Pindell may end up being better, but I think you have to ride the momentum that BS brought to the team Thursday and carry that forward to the game Saturday.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Pindell better prepare like he's the starter. This switch won't last long imo.

Reaction Score
Pindell better prepare like he's the starter. This switch won't last long imo.
The nice thing is we have two decent QB options. Pindell unraveled and got frustrated. BS came in and asserted needed confidence and leadership and the team responded. The kid had a smile in his face the entire time... if that doesn't build confidence I don't know what does. Maybe it was a fluke and I have no doubt there will be some WTF throws given his lack of accuracy, but he brought the undervalued but critically important intangible - leadership and confidence on the field. The players started believing they could get it done and they did. Pindell will be better for this change and understand there is more to the game than just making good reads and throwing to open receivers. He has to lead in crisis. He will get his shot again and I guarantee he will be more mentally prepared to exert his will.

Reaction Score
Would not have been my choice but oh well. At least we have options for once

Reaction Score

That is the question.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom