So who is our best player so far? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

So who is our best player so far?

Hoops91

The Truth Factory
Reaction Score
AKOK is easily the most consistent player on the team and he’s a freshman..If you think CV, that’s fine, the problem is you don’t know what you’re getting with him night to night, if u want the ball in his hands at the end of the game forcing shots or mis dribbling you probably want Ollie as your coach too.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
AKOK is easily the most consistent player on the team and he’s a freshman..If you think CV, that’s fine, the problem is you don’t know what you’re getting with him night to night, if u want the ball in his hands at the end of the game forcing shots or mis dribbling you probably want Ollie as your coach too.

I don’t think even Akok’s biggest boosters can call him consistent.

Reaction Score
If you’re upset that CV isn’t Napier or Kemba, that’s a problem with how your brain works, not CV.
I’m not. I’m just bewildered that other posters on here think he’s somewhere near that pedigree of player.
I know I need to not get so frustrated and post but sometimes I have the time and i allow impulses to take over

Reaction Score
I’m not. I’m just bewildered that other posters on here think he’s somewhere near that pedigree of player.
I know I need to not get so frustrated and post but sometimes I have the time and i allow impulses to take over
Love your hyperbole. No one thinks CV is near the pedigree of our greats. Just that he's the best player right now on a very flawed team. Many are even saying he's not the most talented but from a production standpoint he's the best we have at the moment. On a good team I believe CV would still be a valuable player.

Reaction Score
I think the love for Vital is for his heart, Since he's been here he has given full effort 100% of the time. He makes mistakes? Yes. But it is never for lack of effort. He has also kept his nose clean.

Reaction Score
I think the love for Vital is for his heart, Since he's been here he has given full effort 100% of the time. He makes mistakes? Yes. But it is never for lack of effort. He has also kept his nose clean.
He also leads the team in scoring, rebounding, FT % (by a wide margin) and steals. He gets it done at both ends of the floor.

Reaction Score
Weird its mid season and I'm really not sure.

Vital production is somewhat negated by his bonehead superman plays and decision making. Akok is a candidate but he only a defensive player at this point. Bouk is potential yet manifested and may rise to the top by end of this season. Carlton well he's not in the running. AG . . . . . nah.

I guess the reality is that Vital is probably our best player and that means we are going to go as far as he takes us. Not sure of our remaining season with that.

At least with this group they do play hard and should be able to get more W's in spite of our lack of an elite player. This type of roster seems so unfamiliar for us though.
Its like asking what's the best seat on the Titanic.

Reaction Score
The problem with Vital is really that the team is bad. On a good team when he makes one of his bonehead plays you sit him down. On this team who do you send in?

Reaction Score
Thanks for answering and giving clarity that you've meant "good fortune" but wrote "luck." They aren't the same. Would you rather have Vital or Terence Samuel? Vital or post-injury Omar? Just curious.

Btw, he was a late signing to fill out 'The Five," after devommitting from UNLV. Has he been better or worse than you thought he'd be?
Screenshot_20200125-181328_Chrome.jpg

Hoops91

The Truth Factory
Reaction Score
I’ll stick to my take on the situation - I’ll take AKOK thanks..

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I’ll stick to my take on the situation - I’ll take AKOK thanks..

The guy is a game changer. Even if he doesn’t score, his blocks lead to easy baskets down at the other end. He is easily the best player on the team followed by Bouk

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Luck - is the combination of skill and opportunity
Branch Rickey call luck "the residue of hard work and design," but I still think that's substituting a punchier word for what's more accurately termed "good fortune." I can also go for, "The harder I work, the luckier I get," if I'm using "luck" in a more idiomatic way, but I still think it's not quite right.

Luck generally has more happenstance in it, an element or near-entirety not necessarily determined by what we put into it. In your definition, the opportunity may be unexpected, unpredicted, or oddly presented, and thereby more akin to luck. But the skill component, preparation, effort, persistence, and such seem distinctively different from luck, while certainly upping the odds that good fortune may result.

Reaction Score
The guy is a game changer. Even if he doesn’t score, his blocks lead to easy baskets down at the other end. He is easily the best player on the team followed by Bouk
Easy baskets at the other end? Haven't seen many of those.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Easy baskets at the other end? Haven't seen many of those.
I'm sure ( I hope) @tcf15 or @Storrs South will put together a highlight compilation of Akok's season and you'll see that his blocks lead to easy baskets at the other end. Vital is a beneficiary of them

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom