So What's Been The Oddest Statement On The Boneyard This Season | The Boneyard

So What's Been The Oddest Statement On The Boneyard This Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We've all made some doozies. I had a problem deciding between two:

Talking about the talent on our team.:
It's great you believe the players are good enough. That particular belief is contrary to all evidence.

Talking about our hard fought victory over Houston:
UConn scored a miracle TD.

I'm inclined to pick the first. A belief that our players are good enough is clearly not "contrary to all evidence". That gets my vote.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
You are what your record says you are. I think it's pretty clear BL's characterization is closer to the truth than the idea that UConn is better than most of our opponents on the schedule and we should have expected a 10 win season. If I've mischaracterized your position please clarify.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

I'm inclined to pick the first. A belief that our players are good enough is clearly not "contrary to all evidence". That gets my vote.

Yeah you are just really a troll. It's kind of sad when old people are message board trolls.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's fairly simple.

When in a debate if you fall on the side where Bizlaw and JMoney agree with you and the brain dead zombies like BNich are on the other side... you don't have anything to lose sleep over.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Pardon me if I don't get this verbatim:

"I wouldn't trade rosters with Temple with the exception of #8"

Would nominate that one--if we're talking about football relevant posts that is. If we're getting into OT/cesspool stuff, that doesn't even scrape the surface of BY insanity.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Also going to nominate any 'fire Diaco' post and the entire post-Missouri boneyard

Reaction Score

LOL. No thank you, I have no interest in playing. Better things to do.

Reaction Score

I'll remember that the next time our OL gets run through like they were a 7th grade powderpuff team.

BTW, before you get on play calling, remember that you don't NEED to call plays to protect your line if your line is good enough.

(or maybe I misremember our bowl game in Toronto against Buffalo)

Reaction Score
upload_2015-12-6_17-48-2.png

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
80 teams go bowling. UConn beat one.

2/3rds of their wins are against:
FCS 6-5
0-11 against FBS
1-10 against FBS
2-9 against FBS (both wins against the teams above that were 1-21 FBS).

So half of UConn's wins came against 3 teams that won a single FBS game outside of their round robin. 1-30. Two of UConn's wins against those juggernauts were by a combined 9 points.

That one win was against a 1-11 team.

Those three teams also split 4 FCS games beating Maine and Bucknell but losing to Fordham and Furman.

Against the 6 teams going bowling on their schedule they went 1-5.

They were outscored 168-87.

They were outscored at a rate of 2:1 against bowl teams...

so either:
A: These other teams have better players
B: The coaches should be tossed off Mansfield Hollow Dam

Reaction Score
So half of UConn's wins came against 3 teams that won a single FBS game outside of their round robin.

You think this proves anything? We simply played the teams that were on our schedule, beat the conference champion and suffered several unecceesary losses due to play calling gaffes and horrid offensive game plans. I'll give you Cincy and Navy, not the others. So go ahead and enjoy staying as negative as you want about the Huskies talent. I'm not getting into that ditch with you.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You think this proves anything? We simply played the teams that were on our schedule, beat the conference champion and suffered several unecceesary losses due to play calling gaffes and horrid offensive game plans. I'll give you Cincy and Navy, not the others. So go ahead and enjoy staying as negative as you want about the Huskies talent. I'm not getting into that ditch with you.

You started this idiotic thread so too bad for you.

A: The entire sport is based on triangulating teams based on who they beat and who they lost to. So yes, it matters who they beat.

B. 1-5 and outscored by 2:1 against bowl teams. I like how you left that out of the piece you quoted.

Sorry these facts blow up your ridiculous premise.

If you don't want to discuss then don't passive aggressively start trolling threads to only later choose to ignore evidence.

Reaction Score
Sorry these facts blow up your ridiculous premise.

What's sorry is your refusal to acknowledge the talent of our team. That's not only ridiculous. It's pathetic.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What's sorry is your refusal to acknowledge the talent of our team. That's not only ridiculous. It's pathetic.

Yes anyone who uses evidence to disagree with you is 'pathetic'. Certainly starting passive aggressive threads isn't 'pathetic' at all.

Just keep in mind who agrees with who. Might not always end up right - but there are people who are never crazy and certainly are never 'pathetic'.

Reaction Score
Nostical should stop posting and start fundraising to buy out Diaco and the horrid coaching staff.

Reaction Score

Yeah. You're clearly trolling. No possible way you can believe this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom