So.... We are really bad | The Boneyard

So.... We are really bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It kills me to say this, but the way this team is playing, the way they look at eachother and constantly have their heads hung, I can't wait for this season to be over. I haven't been confident in any game this year. We're shooting over 45% and are down double digits. You come off a win against SMU and perform like this the last two games? Even if we win the conference tourny we don't "deserve" to be in the field. That's a big statement but its true in my eyes, maybe jut my opinion.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
We've been bad all season. We thought that Facey, TSam, Calhoun and Purvis would improve. They're not players.

Reaction Score
The team is cycling down. KO appears in a quandary as to what to do. What concerns me most is our defense, or lack thereof.

Reaction Score
How about being concerned about recruiting? This season has been flushed and is swirling down the drain.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
the team is young and this stuff happens against veteran teams - temple plays 5 seniors and 4 juniors - you don't think that makes a difference? next year dham and ab will be bigger and stronger. KO will use his connections to get them into the pro summer camps. Omar and Purvis just can't be any worse. I am disappointed this year to be sure but sometime in the middle of January I knew in my heart this team was going to struggle big time. Many times its watching a mens vs boys situation. I just love the dolts who are blaming KO. Sure it looks like he doesn't have the same fire as last year but last year he had a much older team and you can do a bit more yelling and emoting with the older guys - you don't want to deflate the kids (JC sometimes did that).
4 NCAAs in last 16 years - I AIN'T CRYING

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The team is cycling down. KO appears in a quandary as to what to do. What concerns me most is our defense, or lack thereof.
Last year UConn didn't show much on defense until the NCAA tournament.

Reaction Score
the team is young and this stuff happens against veteran teams - temple plays 5 seniors and 4 juniors - you don't think that makes a difference?

Oh god will you stop already?

"This stuff happens against teams from central texas."

"This stuff happens against teams in blue uniforms."

"This stuff happens against teams with coaches named Bill."

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Oh god will you stop already?

"This stuff happens against teams from central texas."

"This stuff happens against teams in blue uniforms."

"This stuff happens against teams with coaches named Bill."

I've been waiting for you to stop for a long time. I'm making a comment and a jerk like you looks for attention with no substance. What I said has merit what you said is childish at best.

Reaction Score
Just last Sunday this team looked tremendous. 6 days later they look as bad or worse than they've looked all year. Those last few minutes were shameful.

Reaction Score
Get am is right. Temple played with much more poise that comes with experience. We are young and have been playing like we are young. We are so inconsistent from game to game or even half to half.

Reaction Score
This "looking for attention" line is really becoming a thing, huh?

Your whole "this team is young" thing is just total nonsense on March 7. Particularly when there's been no development. Pointing that out isn't looking for attention, sweetie.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
The issue I'm having is that they had that SMU game in them. That was the team and the game we were all hoping for. They looked like they were going to finally bust out, get tourney ready and make their usual March run. But these last two stinkers call into question pretty much everything - preparation, game plan, talent, in-game adjustments, motivation, teamwork.

It's really hard watching other teams close out UConn the way UConn used to close out everybody.

Reaction Score
Pretty simple stuff and glaring (consistent though):

Brimah - 1 rebound

Samuel and Omar - 3 TO's each, neither can pass or handle - never mind score?

Facey - 4 fouls and the only mark on his stats - truly clueless

DHam - 1 for 12 from the field, didn't look confident out there today

2 of our big guys who early in the year looked like they may have turned the corner, can't rebound on either end. That's killer and our bench, well it was terrible.

Reaction Score

I agree about the defense. UConn was so dominate defensively last season by the end of the year, it just seems to have completely fallen apart. Also the lack of improvement this year from OC, TSam, Facey, AB, Nolan is very disappointing.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
It's frustrating for sure, but we are coming off a NC last year. Add UCONN to the impressive list of schools who won the NC then missed the tourney the following year. I don't have it in me to bash the team or the the coaches. But as a fan of course it's disappointing and frustrating. Not a lot for fans to be excited about this year. And the recruits we have coming in are good, but i'm not sure we will be substantially better next year.

Sure everyone coming back will be a year older, stronger, more experienced, but given the lack of improvement over this season by several guys, I'm just not sure how much better the kids we have will actually be. I'm hopeful, but cautious...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom