So, was this game worth watching? | The Boneyard

So, was this game worth watching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I had a social engagement tonight, so I recorded the game. Does not seem like an awe-inspiring affair. Is it worth the hour or so of my time it'll take to watch?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
You may want to fast forward to halftime.

If you like defense--or offensive futility--this is a winner. C of C had a scoreless stretch of 19+ minutes. Yikes!

Kelly had a good game.

Reaction Score
Tiff had a great streaking drive to the basket, I think it was about halfway through the 2nd...not a lot to recommend you taking the time. You may want to save it for sometime when you REALLY have nothing to do!

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I would start at halftime and feel free to leave the DVR playing for bathroom and refrigerator breaks ;)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
The teams combined to miss their first 16 shots. Second half was very different.

Reaction Score
I heard Michala did not play at all. Is this true?

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
And as for the original question in this thread, my answer would be NO. Not worth watching. I'm just hoping that it was an aberration resulting from the road trip travel and the fact that everyone was antsy to get home for the holidays. We'll know a lot more when things warm up in January. An interesting two weeks are coming up: the Huskies play West Virginia, Notre Dame (!!), Providence, Villanova, and North Carolina between January 4 and January 16.

The Huskies only had five games scheduled in December, but they have ten in January and many against worthwhile competition.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Not only was the game not worth watching, it's not worth the space taken on your VCR. In the past I watched games like this solely to watch a player like Moore or I would concentrate on UConn's execution. Last night had neither.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Which is hilarious, because on SportsCenter this morning they had a recap of the game focusing on how great UConn's fundamentals were. They showed clips illustrating their movement without the ball, post play, ball reversal and full court pressure. They lokoed great in the highlights, but we know the truth :)

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Did ultimately watch. The game was actually far less unpleasant to watch after the fact because your expectations are low. I was braced for a lot of sloppy play, and boy did I get it. Bria hit some sweet shots, though. Tiff did have that one spectacular catch and blow-by. Kiah maybe got a chance to build some confidence; she did some nice things.

I wouldn't worry overmuch about it. Letdown game right before everyone scatters for Christmas against an opponent with no chance of putting up a fight. Unfortunately, I'm taking my daughter to the Fairfield game next week and expect more of the same. Will be nice to watch the 2002 team reunion, though.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
As a fan it was worth watching, as painful as the first half was.

We are seeing the evolution, or some may say the lack of evolution, of a team and its identity. As John A. wrote, this team lacks a vocal leader who will get into the faces of their team mates and chew them out for a bad shot, missed assignment or whatever. Kelly Faris stated as much in another article.

So as a fan, I look forward to seeing who will emerge as that leader and how this team continues to develop going into January and the BE schedule.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Did ultimately watch. The game was actually far less unpleasant to watch after the fact because your expectations are low. I was braced for a lot of sloppy play, and boy did I get it. Bria hit some sweet shots, though. Tiff did have that one spectacular catch and blow-by. Kiah maybe got a chance to build some confidence; she did some nice things.

I wouldn't worry overmuch about it. Letdown game right before everyone scatters for Christmas against an opponent with no chance of putting up a fight. Unfortunately, I'm taking my daughter to the Fairfield game next week and expect more of the same. Will be nice to watch the 2002 team reunion, though.
I would expect the Fairfield game to be much different. LAst night had all the makings of the sloppiest game - they just had a nationally televised contest with the #1 team (and lost), they expected to blow out CofC and all they really cared about was getting home for Christmas. Was there any doubt we'd win? Basically they were already on their planes home.

Fairfield they'll be a little rusty but recharged!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score

glad you watched... its cool to see when games go well and when games DONT go so well...

the before Christmas excuse is wack... this is UConn!

watch it then burn it lol

Bria was awesome AGAIN!

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
In my work, we often say that watching a "poor" workshop is a better learning experience than watching a brilliant workshop, because you can SEE what went wrong.

As for the "before Christmas" being "wack" -- again, it's a fact. And it gets talked about every year. Kids are human, and many times you can identify tendencies and patterns. People who've watched this team can identify patterns. That's not wack. That's experience.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Exactly TJI… this happens with most undergrads, athletes or not. I always schedule exams reasonably ahead of holidays in order optimize performance probability. They are very young, and excitement and fatigue rule the preholiday scene. Universities clear out quickly…the silence of their departure is deafening.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Maybe, maybe not. It is, however, a reason folks lose focus.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
It was also great to see Kalana and hear her comments on CPTV.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
There was one play where Kelly had the ball near the top of the key near the wing, she directed KML to come near her and then gave her the drop back door sign and laid a beautiful pass to her for a layup. Harmony in motion.

Reaction Score
I had a social engagement tonight, so I recorded the game. Does not seem like an awe-inspiring affair. Is it worth the hour or so of my time it'll take to watch?
If you thought it was not worth your time, then steel yourself for the remainder of the schedule. I cound conservatively 10 more garbage games coming your way. BYW, these 10 games include Oklahoma and North Carolina.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom