So the recruits were treated to that BB game today? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

So the recruits were treated to that BB game today?

Reaction Score
I call BS on this 243. There is something really wrong and the conference has nothing to do with it. We have way better facilities than Rutgers both practice and gameday. If Ollie can't compete with them it is an indictment. One thing we have learned is it wasn't Karl Hobbs or Glenn Miller that were the problem.
Most top level recruits will want to play in a power conference. You can’t tell me that the P5 conferences don’t have a huge recruiting advantage because the do.

Reaction Score
They want to be coached well and make the NCAA's. There are many P5 programs that have no shot at the NCAA's. We on the other hand should be making it 4 out of 5 years. Except we aren't.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Ollie inherited a team of Calhoun recruits. I asked my dad this the other night. Can you name a single NBA product that Ollie recruited and coached?

Daniel Hamilton was drafted but is now playing in the G League (but doing well enough to get a call up again). Rodney Purvis and Amida Brimah are also in the G League.

Frankly, this idea that Ollie did nothing to help us win a title is beyond tired. I'm sick of fighting against it on the bball board, and now I have to do it here.

Does he have his faults? Yes. But to pretend that he's not a good coach is just revisionist history...

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Daniel Hamilton was drafted but is now playing in the G League (but doing well enough to get a call up again). Rodney Purvis and Amida Brimah are also in the G League.

Frankly, this idea that Ollie did nothing to help us win a title is beyond tired. I'm sick of fighting against it on the bball board, and now I have to do it here.

Does he have his faults? Yes. But to pretend that he's not a good coach is just revisionist history...

The same might be said about his being a good coach. His teams are routinely unconvincing masked by a clearly great,to his credit, 9 game run following an inconsistent regular season. But we all have our opinions.

However, if how our hoops team performs amounts to a hill of beans with many football recruits, then the recruits have a weird criteria for picking a football team.

Reaction Score
Ollie inherited a team of Calhoun recruits. I asked my dad this the other night. Can you name a single NBA product that Ollie recruited and coached?
In fairness, Shabazz Napier doesn't come back if Ollie doesn't recruit him.

Daniel Hamilton is on his way though. He's a guy that Ollie landed right?

Look, I think Ollie has seriously underperformed, but he's going to get this year. He'll probably get next year too, unless someone comes up with $10 million.

Reaction Score
How many NC's does Gonzaga, Witchita St and Xavier have?

They seem to be doing OK in conferences they're in.

Reaction Score
I cant get over the scooters, Calhoun would never have tolerated that crap. Ollie probably used it to lure the kids here; I can't stop picturing him wearing a shriners' fez.

Out for my lunch time walk on campus today. Saw more that several athletes out & about including FB, WBB, Soccer & Track scooting around campus on these things in this weather. The scooters came to life on-campus with athletes during JC's last 2 years coaching; more than a couple of his players used them.

Reaction Score
How many NC's does Gonzaga, Witchita St and Xavier have?

They seem to be doing OK in conferences they're in.
They were also never at the level UConn hoops were. They could never come close. As many have mentioned, the Men's program is not at the level it once was, for conference reasons or not. It's still UConn Men's basketball. Players came here to play for Calhoun and win championships. I don't think Ollie has the same pull. I also think the whole mind set of top recruits has changed, one year and go to become a lottery pick. UConn has never really been a school that has brought in those kind of players (Drummond being the exception). The entire program just doesn't have the same feel to me. No more grit. No more heart. Not the same intensity. I don't even feel as anxious to watch the games regardless of what is going on that day.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom