So the recruits were treated to that BB game today? | The Boneyard

So the recruits were treated to that BB game today?

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Something has to change. This is a game UConn should win by 30 points or more, not 13.

Reaction Score
It's the overall lack of energy that is troubling. Coppin' s performance was similar to our performance against Cuse. Hung around but never threatened.

Reaction Score
I see a lot of Diaco in Ollie. Sorry not sorry.
I don't. Ollie seems to be in over his head, but he still won a championship, and understands that basketball actually does have a preseason.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Nah. You’re overly harsh. Ollie is just inexperienced. He’s UConn through and through. Diaco was the phony.

inexperienced??????? are you serious?????? he's been coaching at uconn for seven years, the head coach for 5 years, thats not inexperienced.

Reaction Score
inexperienced??????? are you serious?????? he's been coaching at uconn for seven years, the head coach for 5 years, thats not inexperienced.

One word for you.

Bob Diaco.

Reaction Score
It's his first head coaching job......... Anywhere.......... Ever......... Relative to the rest of the coaches at his level,,,,,,,,, he's inexperienced.........

The added punctuation isn't necessary is it???????????

Reaction Score
The FB staff is quality. Hopefully the AD can figure out what's best for Hoops by the end of the year.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Still think the divorce changed how he does things with coaching and others things in life.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
What's that have to do with the lack of a quality offensive system.

I don't think the lack of an offensive system is the problem... UConn rose to prominence with an offense predicated on defense/pressing/transition, which still works in the college game... the problem is, they're just too soft... JC had as much to do with the last championship as KO did...

I cant get over the scooters, Calhoun would never have tolerated that crap. Ollie probably used it to lure the kids here; I can't stop picturing him wearing a shriners' fez.

Reaction Score
If I'm a recruit, I'm thinking "is this the same UConn I used see on TV?" This is the big time? What's going on here.
It’s not the same UConn, we are in the AAC, and not big time anymore. We are a mid-major.

Reaction Score
Riveting.
UConn recruiting coordinators need to be smart. If you want to win a recruit, don’t bring basketball recruit to a football game and don’t bring a football recruit to a basketball game. Maybe a Women’s game might be alright but definitely not a men’s game. Take them for some UConn ice cream, or maybe a hockey game.

Reaction Score
UConn recruiting coordinators need to be smart. If you want to win a recruit, don’t bring basketball recruit to a football game and don’t bring a football recruit to a basketball game. Maybe a Women’s game might be alright but definitely not a men’s game. Take them for some UConn ice cream, or maybe a hockey game.
Bwahaha.

Take recruits for ice cream on a recruiting visit in winter.

Reaction Score
Bwahaha.

Take recruits for ice cream on a recruiting visit in winter.
Ok, then in the winter take them Geno’s. Anything but a MBB or Football game. We are trying to get the recruit to come to UConn, not scare them away.

Reaction Score
I don't. Ollie seems to be in over his head, but he still won a championship, and understands that basketball actually does have a preseason.
Ollie inherited a team of Calhoun recruits. I asked my dad this the other night. Can you name a single NBA product that Ollie recruited and coached?

Reaction Score
Calhoun had the benefit of coaching in the Big East. The best basketball conference of all time. Recruits actually wanted to play in the conference and for UConn. Ollie has to recruit players to a mid-major conference and to a team that geographically doesn’t fit in the conference. Recruiting, and the quality of the recruits in general, has drastically dropped. This shouldn’ come as a surprise to anyone. We are a mid-major in an area of the country where recruits have many options. Somehow, UConn needs to figure out a way to differentiate the “New” UConn from the rest of the pack in the recruiting arena. Otherwise, UConn is just another mid-major stuckvin the pack with UMASS, URI, St. John’s, Seton Hall. UConn is not going to compete with the tier 1 schools like the Cuse, BC, Villanova, and even Rutgers. Those schools have a difinitive recruiting advantage. We need to compete with the tier 2 schools win those recruiting battles. It is a new world order.

Reaction Score
It’s not the same UConn, we are in the AAC, and not big time anymore. We are a mid-major.

I call BS on this 243. There is something really wrong and the conference has nothing to do with it. We have way better facilities than Rutgers both practice and gameday. If Ollie can't compete with them it is an indictment. One thing we have learned is it wasn't Karl Hobbs or Glenn Miller that were the problem.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom