So on when you listen to music | Page 2 | The Boneyard

So on when you listen to music

Reaction Score
Windows Media Player 12 has a program that will allow ripping without gaps.
Jordy, thanks for trying to help, but I opened Windows Media Player and couldn't find any mention of ripping without gaps. Sorry to expose my ineptness on technical matters, but I can't even figure out what version of WMP I have let alone what version of Windows I have. There always used to be a "help" or "about" button that would show you the version number, but I can't seem to find anything like that where I'm looking

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Jordy, thanks for trying to help, but I opened Windows Media Player and couldn't find any mention of ripping without gaps. Sorry to expose my ineptness on technical matters, but I can't even figure out what version of WMP I have let alone what version of Windows I have. There always used to be a "help" or "about" button that would show you the version number, but I can't seem to find anything like that where I'm looking
Windows Media Player - Burn Audio CDs without gaps

Windows Media Player 12 is available in Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10. In your search bar (lower left after the Windows logo) type in "System Properties". Much of your Windows info will be in the "System Properties" page.

Reaction Score
Windows Media Player - Burn Audio CDs without gaps

Windows Media Player 12 is available in Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10. In your search bar (lower left after the Windows logo) type in "System Properties". Much of your Windows info will be in the "System Properties" page.
Again, thanks for trying, but I'm hopeless. I did what you suggested and can't see anything that would tell me what versions of Windows or WMP I have. It's probably there somewhere, but it's like looking for a needle in a haystack.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Good choices. May I suggest, "At The Hop" by Danny and the Juniors, one of those Beach Boys numbers, and some early Motown ("Dancing In The Streets" by Martha and the Vandella's works very well).

Thanks for the suggestions. We have "At the Hop", "Barbara Ann", and others. For a lot of the Motown songs, you need vocals. The swing band doesn't have vocals right now. I play in another band that is doing a whole Motown book and they have the vocalists. We are thinking about doing "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy." One of the band members says he can line up 3 females vocalists, they are good, I've heard them, to do it. They also have the WWII military costumes! I'm working on getting a copy of the arrangement.

I have found out retirement is keeping me busier than I thought. As least for a retired band director and a not-so-retired musician, its still a lot of fun. In fact, most of us in the bands are retired band directors.

Reaction Score
OK, I looked at your (Jordy) link and opened my WMP. There's no menu entitled "Tools" but under the "Organize" menu I found Options/Burn/Audio CD's and a option for recording with no gaps. I'll give that a try. Thanks.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Again, thanks for trying, but I'm hopeless. I did what you suggested and can't see anything that would tell me what versions of Windows or WMP I have. It's probably there somewhere, but it's like looking for a needle in a haystack.
Okay try this. In your taskbar which holds a bunch of icons at the bottom of your screen is one that looks like a tiny folder. Click on that. When that screen comes up there will be a vertical list of files on your left including Desktop, Downloads, Documents, Pictures and etc. On the one that says either "This PC" or "My computer" or something like that single click on it. On the top will be a slightly grayed area, within which you will see at the bottom of that slightly grayed area from left to right three boxes which say "Location" then "Network", the "System". In the "System" box you will see "System Properties". Click on that, and there you are.

JordyG

Reaction Score
OK, I looked at your (Jordy) link and opened my WMP. There's no menu entitled "Tools" but under the "Organize" menu I found Options/Burn/Audio CD's and a option for recording with no gaps. I'll give that a try. Thanks.
Then that should work for you. Congratulations, you are now a much more experienced user. For me learning this stuff was all mistake after mistake after highly catastrophic mistake. Happy ripping.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Thanks for the suggestions. We have "At the Hop", "Barbara Ann", and others. For a lot of the Motown songs, you need vocals. The swing band doesn't have vocals right now. I play in another band that is doing a whole Motown book and they have the vocalists. We are thinking about doing "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy." One of the band members says he can line up 3 females vocalists, they are good, I've heard them, to do it. They also have the WWII military costumes! I'm working on getting a copy of the arrangement.

I have found out retirement is keeping me busier than I thought. As least for a retired band director and a not-so-retired musician, its still a lot of fun. In fact, most of us in the bands are retired band directors.
Slightly OT, but we have a group of (younger - 30's I suspect) performers called the Manhattan Dolls out here in Tucson that do the whole USO WWII (hints of the Andrews Sisters) thing. Also do a 50's show with the poodle skirts, etc. Used to be a bigger organization / group of some sort with mix and match performers, did cruises and such, but they split up and the Tucson branch apparently had the right to the name (included the founder, I think). Enjoy their shows.

Also have a "big band" group - both an older and younger version - associated with a local jazz and swing school. They don't play often, of course there probably isn't much money in playing a Gaslight Monday night concert for a group of 20. One performance of the younger group included Armen Dirtadian as vocalist, he had a career doing the "Great American Songbook" standards on the night-club circuit I guess. Starred in Fiddler on the Roof in his younger days. He's now an actor at the Gaslight, does a show or 2 a year. He is headlining the "Patriotic Show" on the 2nd, with the Manhattan Dolls appearing and also Robert Shaw, who does (among other things) Elvis and Johnny Cash shows.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom