So much for keeping the CT recruits at home! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

So much for keeping the CT recruits at home!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Andrew is a great kid and a great football player and would love for him to stay home. It's early and he has only given a verbal commitment. Its not over for UCONN or any other BCS school for that matter. Recruiting is a business and these atheletes and coaches are always working.

Reaction Score
I thought the story was that BC insisted he was a CB, not an RB. Was not aware academics were an issue.

That is my understanding. He spent an entire day at BC while football operations tried to get approval from admissions. They never got it. He committed to UConn within days. Not the first to be lost to academics not the last.

Reaction Score
My understanding is that BCU fans are a bunch of losers. Nothing is more pathetic than losers with excuses for everything.

Good luck to the young man, hopefully he made the right decision for himself.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You have to some some pretty big ba**s to go anywhere and try to talk up the superiority of Boston College in any way right now. The athletic department is an absolute disaster, the on field results are well past the point of being embarrassing. Why would you troll the internet to talk up a school that is that bad right now?

Reaction Score
You have to some some pretty big ba**s to go anywhere and try to talk up the superiority of Boston College in any way right now. The athletic department is an absolute disaster, the on field results are well past the point of being embarrassing. Why would you troll the internet to talk up a school that is that bad right now?

BCU Football 4-8
BCU MBB 4-7
BCU WBB 3-6

Winning?

Reaction Score
My understanding is that BCU fans are a bunch of losers. Nothing is more pathetic than losers with excuses for everything.

Good luck to the young man, hopefully he made the right decision for himself.

No excuses just the facts as I know them. He did very well for himself at UConn and hope he continues to do well.

Interesting consequence, BC then offered Montel Harris who has becomes BC all time leading rusher. Todman and Harris have both turned out to be pretty good two star recruits.

Reaction Score
How do you figure. BC has a better football program, better academics, is in an AQ conference that will exist in 5 years, and is in a better geographic area. Dont really get understand how looking at the landscape of college football would show that uconn is a MUCH better football program. Yukon football doesnt bring one thing to the table, and thats why BC doesnt lose recruits to sueconn. Football recruits arent impressed with womens college basketball success as all you take so much pride in.

Boston is the center of the universe. Ask anyone in Boston, its a more notable city around the world than NYC, just ask them. Every kid in the country prefers to go to college in Boston rather than in the rolling hills of quaint Storrs CT. Every kid, that's a fact. He is also right about academics...BC is much better. Have you seen what UConn is doing in the national university rankings? Its embarrassing. UConn is all about women's basketball. Our men's program sucks and has done nothing in years. All our Olympic sports suck too, including our baseball and soccer teams, they were especially bad this year.

Really, when you think about it, all high school athletes should prefer BC. They are on tv more than UConn, right? They have more fans at their games than UConn, right? BC is a bigger name than UConn, right? Clearly, if you look at football, basketball and academics, one school is on an upward trajectory and one is headed downward. The one on the way up is obviously BC based on what I've seen recently. You can't argue this guy's point, he's pretty sharp. But, what else would you expect from a BC grad?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
One thing about BCU trolls, they really know how to do smug.

Reaction Score
Would you stop! The cluelessness is just beyond belief. No, we are not landing every D-1A recruit from Connecticut. Deal with it.
Yes, stop the cluelessness, so learn a thing or two. First, who was called out on national tv during the Fiesta Bowl last year by the game announcers for being a joke... The receivers! Who was called all year long AGAIN this year BY Coach P for running poor routes consistently... The receivers! Who coaches the receivers? And again for most of u morons w/ no clue besides what u read on rivals ect... Need to understand there is a pattern there for high profile recruits with this guy. So let's sum it up, the receivers are technically underperforming per Coach P, and he's landed NO substantial recruits! Wow, u guys r morons!

Reaction Score
Boston is the center of the universe. Ask anyone in Boston, its a more notable city around the world than NYC, just ask them. Every kid in the country prefers to go to college in Boston rather than in the rolling hills of quaint Storrs CT. Every kid, that's a fact. He is also right about academics...BC is much better. Have you seen what UConn is doing in the national university rankings? Its embarrassing. UConn is all about women's basketball. Our men's program sucks and has done nothing in years. All our Olympic sports suck too, including our baseball and soccer teams, they were especially bad this year.

Really, when you think about it, all high school athletes should prefer BC. They are on tv more than UConn, right? They have more fans at their games than UConn, right? BC is a bigger name than UConn, right? Clearly, if you look at football, basketball and academics, one school is on an upward trajectory and one is headed downward. The one on the way up is obviously BC based on what I've seen recently. You can't argue this guy's point, he's pretty sharp. But, what else would you expect from a BC grad?

I dont really understand how you can argue that sueconn football headed in an upward trajectory. They just came off of a 5-7 season in the worst conference in football (including OOC games agains Fordham, Buffalo, Western Michigan, and Vanderbilt where you managed to go 2-3) and have the worst recruiting class in the conference.

Nice job digging up the 5 recruits that yukon got with BC offers, most of whom wouldn't qualify academically anyway. Why dont you throw cochran on that list too to validate your point further because it was a real good one. I know reality is sad, so just keep living in your fantasy world. Keep pretending that pasqualoni is "building a fence" around CT and getting those west conn and central recruits, they should be able to compete in CUSA or whatever conference you end up in.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I dont really understand how you can argue that sueconn football headed in an upward trajectory.

Explain the "trajectory" of BCU sports since they lied and stabbed their partners in the back. What is one level below "in the shitter"?

Reaction Score
Explain the "trajectory" of BCU sports since they lied and stabbed their partners in the back. What is one level below "in the shitter"?

Stabbed in the back ? You were the ones lifting your skirt up this year to anyone who would talk to you earlier this year to do the same thing. Only problem is nobody wants the ugly street whore (ie bad academics, bad football).

One level below in the shitter is still light years ahead of the yukon football program. I understand reality hurts, but yall will be back in 1AA soon enough so dont worry. The yukon talen level is already 1AA and once the NNBE dissolves and nobody wants to take you (b/c all REAL conferences already know what im talking about, that womens basketball doesnt drive TV money) the transition will be complete. Maybe you can do the CT tax payers a favor and just dissolve the entire program, trust me NOBODY WOULD NOTICE.

Reaction Score
True story.....I was in Boston for work when FSU came to town. We got comped (of course) tix so took it in. I sat in the upper deck and my co-worker got there in the 2nd quarter. Texted me and asked where I was. I replied that I was the guy sitting in Section 225.

Reaction Score
True story.....I was in Boston for work when FSU came to town. We got comped (of course) tix so took it in. I sat in the upper deck and my co-worker got there in the 2nd quarter. Texted me and asked where I was. I replied that I was the guy sitting in Section 225.

Remarkable story but one problem, BC does not have a section 225! But let's not let facts get in the way of a good story!

Reaction Score
How do you figure. BC has a better football program, better academics, is in an AQ conference that will exist in 5 years, and is in a better geographic area. Dont really get understand how looking at the landscape of college football would show that uconn is a MUCH better football program. Yukon football doesnt bring one thing to the table, and thats why BC doesnt lose recruits to sueconn. Football recruits arent impressed with womens college basketball success as all you take so much pride in.
We can shoot you down in a few areas Mr. bcu creep. First, bcu is definately not a better football program. Look at all the coaches who have run away over the past 5 years. Plus, look at your record this season. Not much more promise for the future.
You say better academics. First it's a smaller school with less to offer, overall. Second, being a catholic school one is forced to take a one sided philosophy, and/or theology course per semester. Unless one wishes a career in Catholic religion how does that make bcu a better school than UConn?
bcu in a better area, you say. Well, Boston, the city, offers more than Storrs. But, football wise, nobody cares about bcu in Boston. Folks there care about the Sox, Pats, Celts, & Bruins. In CT the whole state is fully behind UConn. Footballwise, how does that make bcu in a better area than UConn???
Finally, two things you said, or didn't say. First, you said sueconn....we did sue your sleezy @sses for 5 million...if you don't like that, tough...Second, you refer to UConn's women's team. You forgot UConn's men's team. 3 NC's over the last 12 years. That's damn impressive and does make an impression to many FB players. Only a dumb duck from bcu wouldn't realize this.

Reaction Score
Remarkable story but one problem, BC does not have a section 225! But let's not let facts get in the way of a good story!

LOL.....I knew one of you trolls would say something like that. I couldn't remember what section I was in . .

Hey, you seem to be plugged into the inner circle at BC.......is it true that Flipper showed up at last year's ACC meetings with a rotiserrie chicken because he finally wanted to deliver the Boston market? Is that your understanding of what happened?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
HartfordHank has been fairly civil and I applaud him in doing that. Desena came to this forum to talk smack. I'm content to wait a few more years before engaging him. I think things turn out well for UConn and he will disappear from this forum the same way fans have disappeared from BCU football and basketball.

In other words there is no need to notify him of BCU's irrelevance in sports. He'll come to that reality sooner or later.

And sadly for him I expect UConn to elevate itself over BCU academically as well. BC will still be a good university, but behind UConn. We'll see if I'm right on this as well.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Maybe just don't feed the trolls? I work with some FSU fans who went to that debacle. Their stories from that night are pure hilarity.

Will the BC fans at least admit that when their team stinks it's even worse attending their games because they have the worst tailgating the country? It's horrific.

Easy on BC's basketball program, they solidified their top 15 ranking in New England with a win over Bryant today. I think we saw just how good that Holy Cross team that bashed the Eagles was today.

Reaction Score
Re Todman, the fact that BC wanted him as a DB was a much bigger deal than academics. He would have qualified -- it just wasn't certain at the time he made his decision.

Reaction Score
Stabbed in the back ? You were the ones lifting your skirt up this year to anyone who would talk to you earlier this year to do the same thing. Only problem is nobody wants the ugly street whore (ie bad academics, bad football).

One level below in the shitter is still light years ahead of the yukon football program. I understand reality hurts, but yall will be back in 1AA soon enough so dont worry. The yukon talen level is already 1AA and once the NNBE dissolves and nobody wants to take you (b/c all REAL conferences already know what im talking about, that womens basketball doesnt drive TV money) the transition will be complete. Maybe you can do the CT tax payers a favor and just dissolve the entire program, trust me NOBODY WOULD NOTICE.
Uconn D1 Football only 10 years old. BCU football is how old ? You guys are a joke - talent level ? You can not be serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom