So much for Cuse being NYC's team | Page 4 | The Boneyard

So much for Cuse being NYC's team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ahh yes the fiesta bowl where your school ate 1000's of tickets

You only have a superficial knowledge of college football, which is why it's so painful to read your posts. Motivated by greed, the Fiesta Bowl put UCONN and Oklahoma in a tough position by forcing purchasers of national championship tickets to also purchase tickets to the Fiesta Bowl. Many if not most of those purchasers promptly turned around and sold those tickets in secondary markets. Many UCONN fans purchased these tickets through the secondary markets, in part to subsidize the nearly 3,000 mile trip. Why don't you go pick on Oklahoma. They got stuck with a whole bunch of unsold tickets too.

That "secondary" market has become the bane of the existence of many schools in bowls. In the case of next Saturday's Fiesta Bowl between UConn and Oklahoma, there's an added whammy. The national championship game will be played at University of Phoenix Stadium nine days later, and Phoenix-area organizers compelled fans who wanted to buy BCS title game tickets before the season to also buy Fiesta Bowl and Insight Bowl tickets. Now, most of those fans are trying to unload unwanted Fiesta and Insight tickets for whatever they can get.

http://articles.courant.com/2010-12...101225_1_tickets-uconn-side-field-level-seats

Reaction Score
There are two kinds of Syracuse fans - people who went to Syracuse and people who were born in the same zip code as Syracuse.

That's far from a knock against them - that's the way it is when you're not the university of "somewhere".

If you're born in Connecticut, you're probably a UConn fan. If you're born in Maryland, you're a Maryland fan. If you're born in New Jersey, you have fetal alcohol syndrome, but you're also a Rutgers' fan.

Syracuse only has that sort of natural pull in the 315 area code.

Give 'em 716 too. Met my wife when she was a student at RIT and a pretty loyal Syracuse and Bills fan. Didn't take her long to discard all the orange and replace it with national flag blue and white!

Reaction Score
Why is this uniformed fool still posting here? He refuses to tell us what team he pulls for, and all he does is act like a dick.

Reaction Score
Give 'em 716 too. Met my wife when she was a student at RIT and a pretty loyal Syracuse and Bills fan. Didn't take her long to discard all the orange and replace it with national flag blue and white!

I live in 716. The Buffalo Bulls are a lot more popular here than Syracuse. I never hear anything about them. They are literally never talked about on 550, which is all day sports radio here. Never see a single Cuse jersey or hat in town ever. Haven't in 10 years. I haven't seen a college hat or jersey in town either other than the occasional UB and one clown hanging an Indiana flag from his apartment balcony on Elmwood.

Where is your wife from? I assume Buffalo because you wrote 716 while Rochester is 585.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Why is this uniformed fool still posting here? He refuses to tell us what team he pulls for, and all he does is act like a .
Guess is a Dukie. Must have had money on them in 99.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom