So much for Cuse being NYC's team | Page 2 | The Boneyard

So much for Cuse being NYC's team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Excellent school near Union Square Park where the students would hang out after school!
What Nicky really means to say is Stuyvesant on the west side right near the WFC and the new Goldman HQ, Union Sq is 14th St on the east side......Stick to Newark Nicky!

Reaction Score
You got beat by FCS Towson. Dont tell me how good they are, they are a FCS school!

This was your 1) Home Opener 2) On a Thursday, not mid week 3) Should have been a gimme win. Your fans should show up for this game when its at home. I wouldn't expect a BB school to understand that though

You need to go away. I would say go home but they don't want you there either. Your team dropped their home opener too and will once again be a non factor.

Reaction Score
lol - I went to one of the top public high schools in NYC. I'm just telling you how little most people in NYC care about upstate NY... and to someone from NYC, upstate is north of Yonkers.

For most New Yorkers "Upstate" ends at Putnam and Orange counties. . .

Reaction Score
You need to go away. I would say go home but they don't want you there either. Your team dropped their home opener too and will once again be a non factor.
Who is his team ?

Reaction Score
What Nicky really means to say is Stuyvesant on the west side right near the WFC and the new Goldman HQ, Union Sq is 14th St on the east side......Stick to Newark Nicky!

Stuyvesant used to be located near Union Square - they moved down to Battery Park city in the early 90s.

Reaction Score
You got beat by FCS Towson. Dont tell me how good they are, they are a FCS school!

This was your 1) Home Opener 2) On a Thursday, not mid week 3) Should have been a gimme win. Your fans should show up for this game when its at home. I wouldn't expect a BB school to understand that though

Regardless of how bad UConn football is, the poster was comparing it to Syracuse. So, UConn is bad. Now explain why Cuse got blown out by UConn several times.

Reaction Score
All I can say is that if UCONN were playing PSU at MetLife Stadium today, we'd have sold out our allotment. Zero doubt about that.
I don't think they sold out of their allotment at Rentschler. the turnout was even more pathetic.
If Delaney or Swofford were there on Thursday, we aren't leaving the AAC anytime soon.

Reaction Score
No,Stuyvesant is on the east side near E.13st a couple of blocks from USP and I,ve attended as a father a graduation there in 1987!I lived in NYC for 30 plus years and I forgot more than you'll ever know!Zeckendorff Towers was a fairly new blgd at that time!Just cause you have Wall St in your handle don't make you any more knowledgeable!Wall st by day and commutes to the Central Ward of Newark by night after a rough day of shining shoes!Get your shinebox stupid!

Reaction Score
Stuyvesant used to be located near Union Square - they moved down to Battery Park city in the early 90s.
Some like to display their lack of knowledge before thinking about it!Thanks for the update!

Reaction Score
No,Stuyvesant is on the east side near E.13st a couple of blocks from USP and I,ve attended as a father a graduation there in 1987!I lived in NYC for 30 plus years and I forgot more than you'll ever know!Zeckendorff Towers was a fairly new blgd at that time!Just cause you have Wall St in your handle don't make you any more knowledgeable!Wall st by day and commutes to the Central Ward of Newark by night after a rough day of shining shoes!Get your shinebox stupid!
Nicky, thanks for the trip down memory lane, but I work in the 2013 version of NYC, even though I too recall the NYC of 25 years ago. You realize that they don't use subway tokens anymore, right? You are clearly a man who knows this town. its so cool now, the cabs even take credit cards and Dinkins isn't mayor anymore....

Reaction Score
Regardless of how bad UConn football is, the poster was comparing it to Syracuse. So, UConn is bad. Now explain why Cuse got blown out by UConn several times.
Remember when Syracuse lost to Lemoyne?

Reaction Score
I went to the game since I grew up (and still am) a Penn State football fan. We got there right at 10:30 when the gates opened and tailgated until 3pm. It was Penn State fans everywhere and anywhere in the parking lot. We walked around for a bit and saw one small section of Syracuse tailgaters and they mostly looked like older alum 35+ y/o. It had to have been an 85/15 split.

The stadium crowd was a little better from Cuse's angle but it was still a pro-PSU crowd by a good margin.

Reaction Score

Good to see you got through the lobotomy surgery!

Reaction Score
Not a real one, IMHO. Why would he refer to UConn as a BB school, when thats exactly what we are?

He's a T-R-O-L-L.

"Larry" likes to hide in the shadows and based upon his or her lack of originality could be masquerading as someone else. . .

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Why would anyone expect Syracuse to compete with Penn State at MetLife.

Penn State is the second most popular team in NYC, their fan base is probably 10x bigger, their current team is better and it's an easier trip from PA than Syracuse.

Reaction Score
Nicky, thanks for the trip down memory lane, but I work in the 2013 version of NYC, even though I too recall the NYC of 25 years ago. You realize that they don't use subway tokens anymore, right? You are clearly a man who knows this town. its so cool now, the cabs even take credit cards and Dinkins isn't mayor anymore....
Thanks for updating me but NYC is always evolving and thats what makes it unique!True my NYC was of the Taxi Driver movie era and the Ice Palace and Limelight disco's and I was even security for Tennessee Wms during the period when he "choked"!I was a member in good standing of a infamous HK gang from 76-82 and watched the Twin Tower go up and down!Don't be so arrogant to think you know more about NYC than someone you don't really know!I'm not trying to be arrogant just real!As a 62 year old I lived all over the NYC area 48 yrs of them!I love NY!I am NY!

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Not a real one, IMHO. Why would he refer to UConn as a BB school, when thats exactly what we are?

He's a T-R-O-L-L.
I think he/she is actually an ECU fan...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom