So let me see if I have the Syracuse situation straight... | The Boneyard

So let me see if I have the Syracuse situation straight...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
they have had a child molester on the bench for about 30 year, but he gets nothing but fired. Boeheim defends him until there is really no way to continue, but he get nothing. Syracuse basically pays a law firm to give them institutional protection though not deal with the underlying issue, but nothing happens to them. Fine's wife, the assistant head coach's wife, is apparently sleeping with players, but that apparently is ok, too (though it would certainly qualify as sexual harrassment if the womens coach's husband was sleeping with her players, no?). So everybody walks away from this with the only penalty being that a 65 year old coach gets fired. If Cardinal Law had been the basketball coach at Syracuse instead of the archbishop of boston, he'd wouldn't have had to run off to Italy...

SouthTampaBill

20" Neck
Reaction Score
And virtually every Syracuse fan is blaming the media or DA rather than Fine and his grotesque wife

How dare the media expose this?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
is that seriously what is happening? i'll admit i've only followed it peripherally so i'm not familiar with everything going on but that sure sounds horrible if true.

Reaction Score
no you don't have it straight, you actually aren't even close.

Well then can you point out where he is wrong? Because that is pretty much what I have been reading the situation as.

Reaction Score
no you don't have it straight, you actually aren't even close.

Well then let's hear the poop if you have it homer?? Can't leave us here without any facts now..................

Reaction Score
This is the old double standard at it's best. Most will admit that the gravity of the two situations are not comparable. However, when the Miles story broke, many angry Uconn fans blamed the media outlet that broke the story. I would say this to both parties, if you did something wrong you're at the media's mercy. Unless you know that you've done absolutely nothing wrong, the media should be criticized for the accuracy of their reporting. I will say this to Syracuse fans. The allegations, the conduct of Fine and Boeheim's original statements just sicken me.

Reaction Score
And virtually every Syracuse fan is blaming the media or DA rather than Fine and his grotesque wife

How dare the media expose this?

I gave you a like for the great use of grotesque, I've only heard stories about how ugly she is does some one have a picture or something to use as a reference?

Reaction Score
Most will admit that the gravity of the two situations are not comparable. However, when the Miles story broke, many angry Uconn fans blamed the media outlet that broke the story. I would say this to both parties, if you did something wrong you're at the media's mercy. Unless you know that you've done absolutely nothing wrong, the media should be criticized for the accuracy of their reporting. I will say this to Syracuse fans. The allegations, the conduct of Fine and Boeheim's original statements just sicken me.

Most will admit??? I assume most is everyone but you. The two situations are not even in the same universe. You really should go back to the uMess board Clothy and see if your squad can make the NCAA Tournament for the first time since the Clinton administration.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
when the Miles story broke, many angry Uconn fans blamed the media outlet that broke the story. I would say this to both parties, if you did something wrong you're at the media's mercy.
well here's the thing. perhaps initially UCONN fans may have been pissed at the media, but i watched them change as the facts came out. UCONN went thru some crap and now is paying the price. but to even mention that in the same breath as the crap that went on at Syracuse is like comparing jaywalking to murder.

Reaction Score
Freescooter presented it correctly. The DA said that the first two accusers are credible and that if not for the statute of limitations, he would have charged Bernie Fine, and he also said Cuse's investigation was inadequate, consisted of a couple phone calls, that's it. Then again, the DA went out of his way to go to bat for Boeheim and Cuse's President, but the DA seemed implicated himself.

1. He blasted faculty for getting involved and told them they were out of their depth. The Cuse faculty spoke out about cover-ups in the past and university governance. They know more about that than the DA does.

2. He never went into detail about what happened in 2002 when Davis's friend Roach called the SPD a few weeks prior to Davis calling them. He said Davis called to tell them about Fine, but that's not what Davis said. He said Fine's name was never mentioned and the police officer assumed he was referring to Fine. The DA never went into detail aboutwhether there was any discussion after the first call from Roach about Fine.

3. Oddly, the DA said he sent exculpatory evidence to Fine's lawyers about the veracity of the 3rd accuser. He said the evidence showed that Cuse flew directly to Pittsburgh (site of the accuser's alleged molestation) and therefore the accuser's story of traveling with the team was false. This shows an astounding lack of curiosity for the case since the accuser has never claimed traveling with Cuse bball players.

When he said that, I at once thought he was covering, and that's the general impression he gave off.

Reaction Score
Most will admit??? I assume most is everyone but you. The two situations are not even in the same universe. You really should go back to the uMess board Clothy and see if your squad can make the NCAA Tournament for the first time since the Clinton administration.

And he also conveniently leaves out that the "media" in the miles case is a piece of crap umess grad and one of calimari's boy toys. He has a grudge against Calhoun, like EVERY OTHER insecure umess fan, and went after him. If anyone in the media targets a coach of a top program with that much passion and for that long a period of time, they will eventually dig SOMETHING up. Every top program bends the rules and, in doing so, occasionally screws up and breaks them. And only a umess fan with a pure hatred of Calhoun would compare extra phone calls with child molestation. His jealousy and insecurity drive him to be an irrational fool.

Mistakes were made but the reality is this, if the squid never coached at umess and umess never rode his greasy ways to the top, Dan Wetzel would not have grown to hate Calhoun because the rivalry would not have degraded to what it did. And if Wetzel didn't sniff around UConn recruits because of that hatred, no one would have found out anything about Miles.

Reaction Score
Freescooter presented it correctly. The DA said that the first two accusers are credible and that if not for the statute of limitations, he would have charged Bernie Fine, and he also said Cuse's investigation was inadequate, consisted of a couple phone calls, that's it. Then again, the DA went out of his way to go to bat for Boeheim and Cuse's President, but the DA seemed implicated himself.

1. He blasted faculty for getting involved and told them they were out of their depth. The Cuse faculty spoke out about cover-ups in the past and university governance. They know more about that than the DA does.

2. He never went into detail about what happened in 2002 when Davis's friend Roach called the SPD a few weeks prior to Davis calling them. He said Davis called to tell them about Fine, but that's not what Davis said. He said Fine's name was never mentioned and the police officer assumed he was referring to Fine. The DA never went into detail aboutwhether there was any discussion after the first call from Roach about Fine.

3. Oddly, the DA said he sent exculpatory evidence to Fine's lawyers about the veracity of the 3rd accuser. He said the evidence showed that Cuse flew directly to Pittsburgh (site of the accuser's alleged molestation) and therefore the accuser's story of traveling with the team was false. This shows an astounding lack of curiosity for the case since the accuser has never claimed traveling with Cuse bball players.

When he said that, I at once thought he was covering, and that's the general impression he gave off.
this is inaccurate. it is exhausting to try to keep up with posts on all boards about this topic, especially when they are generally wrong. i am too tired tonight to rebut the relevant distortions in this thread. perhaps tomorrow i will awaken refreshed and ready to re-enter battle.

for instance, in this post alone, #1 is a gross misrepresentation. the DA blasted the independent law firms investigation, but he did not in accuse the university of any wrongdoing. there is none, zero evidence that SU treats allegations against its athletes inappropriately.

#2 makes no sense. all the DA said is that roach claimed to have made multiple phone calls to the SPD that went unanswered, however there was no record of a call from roach, and furthermore, roach had chances to talk to cops in person about poor response to phone calls and did not take them. this is what the DA said, it's not what i am saying. to me this chick is a complete non-factor, she did not witness anything, and has nothing to add of importance.

#3 tomaselli originally state that he took a team bus from syracuse to the pittsburgh game. as noted, the team did not actually travel directly from syracuse to pittsburgh for the game, they flew in on the heels of a trip to tennessee. part of the "exculpatory" evidence that you have chosen to leave out was the high school attendance records that were also submitted from the DA to the fine defense team. let us keep it straight, the exculpatory evidence that was submitted from the DA to the fine team has not been released, however the nature of the definition of exculpatory indicates that the information is helpful to the defense.

last i want to clarify the relevance of the DA declaring the accuser "credible". let us keep in mind that the point the DA was making was that he had 3 things to work with. 1 and 2 are the accusers bobby davis and his relative Lang, and the audio tape. all the DA said was that if he had had these 3 points of information within the statute of limitations, he would have pressed charges for 3rd degree sexual assault. he also went on to say that he had no idea if the accusers would have withstood cross-examination, or if fine would have been found guilty. no one had the tape, except espn and maybe the post-standard. the DA also said the davis didn't even have the tape when Su investigated in 2005. it's crazy.

Reaction Score
I don't think Boeheim should lose his job at all. Unlike PSU, there's no reason for me to believe he knew what was going on like JoePa did. His statements were remarkably dumb initially, but not lose-your-job-dumb.

Reaction Score
this is inaccurate. it is exhausting to try to keep up with posts on all boards about this topic, especially when they are generally wrong. i am too tired tonight to rebut the relevant distortions in this thread. perhaps tomorrow i will awaken refreshed and ready to re-enter battle.

for instance, in this post alone, #1 is a gross misrepresentation. the DA blasted the independent law firms investigation, but he did not in accuse the university of any wrongdoing. there is none, zero evidence that SU treats allegations against its athletes inappropriately.

#2 makes no sense. all the DA said is that roach claimed to have made multiple phone calls to the SPD that went unanswered, however there was no record of a call from roach, and furthermore, roach had chances to talk to cops in person about poor response to phone calls and did not take them. this is what the DA said, it's not what i am saying. to me this chick is a complete non-factor, she did not witness anything, and has nothing to add of importance.

#3 tomaselli originally state that he took a team bus from syracuse to the pittsburgh game. as noted, the team did not actually travel directly from syracuse to pittsburgh for the game, they flew in on the heels of a trip to tennessee. part of the "exculpatory" evidence that you have chosen to leave out was the high school attendance records that were also submitted from the DA to the fine defense team. let us keep it straight, the exculpatory evidence that was submitted from the DA to the fine team has not been released, however the nature of the definition of exculpatory indicates that the information is helpful to the defense.

last i want to clarify the relevance of the DA declaring the accuser "credible". let us keep in mind that the point the DA was making was that he had 3 things to work with. 1 and 2 are the accusers bobby davis and his relative Lang, and the audio tape. all the DA said was that if he had had these 3 points of information within the statute of limitations, he would have pressed charges for 3rd degree sexual assault. he also went on to say that he had no idea if the accusers would have withstood cross-examination, or if fine would have been found guilty. no one had the tape, except espn and maybe the post-standard. the DA also said the davis didn't even have the tape when Su investigated in 2005. it's crazy.
It's repulsive.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I gave you a like for the great use of grotesque, I've only heard stories about how ugly she is does some one have a picture or something to use as a reference?
Ask and ye shall receive...
2011-11-25-gw-search010jpg-cd0c9a6427c6f579.jpg

Reaction Score
She actially looks pretty hot there, who wouldn't want to hit that.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
She actially looks pretty hot there, who wouldn't want to hit that.
or at least pretty hydrated

Reaction Score

Hilariously wrong. His literal words were that the 2005 investigation by Syracuse University (did they not hire a law firm they work closely with?) "was inadequate." It consisted of 3 or 4 phone calls, that's it. It was Penn state bad. The level of disinterest in the accusations was mind-blowing.

Your facts are totally wrong. You are totally confused. You say I don't know the case and then you come up with totally wrong facts? Roach did not make multiple unanswered phone calls to the SPD. She made 2 unreturned calls to the DA. Her calls to the SPD were answered and she had conversations with detective Fox weeks before Davis called and spoke to Fox. You are totally wrong. The significance of her call is that she had alerted the police to a possible accusation of Fine's molestation weeks before Davis made the call. In Davis's conversation with Fox, he said the name Fine was never mentioned but Fox told Davis that he knew Davis was referring to. The question is, once Fox originally heard from Roach about the accusation of a Cuse assistant coach (whne his own Chief was a Cuse bball player) molesting a child, did he talk to anyone about it in the period between Roach's and Davis's calls, and if he had, how was his treatment of Davis's call adequate?

Tomaselli did not say he took the team bus to Pitt. He took a team bus from the hotel to the game. Even Rlbees has corrected you and your deniers multiple time on this point. FYI, anyone who has read the Cuse posts on this board knows that on ethe first day I questioned Tomaselli because of an interview I saw of him in Maine in which he got the timeline of his father's molestation flipped a few times. I'm putting no credence in that. I wrote about the DA because he is so incurious about the case, as are SU itself and the SPD, as to get a major detail of the case incorrectly. Tomaselli has always claimed that he took a support staff bus to Pitsburgh, so the fact that the DA is providing evidence of a team flight from Tennessee shows how disinterested he is in getting to the bottom of this. It's embarassing when the DA doesn't even know the basic accusations.

You twist the DA's words. He said "AT LEAST 3rd degree assault." Big omission on your part. Go n denying and defending Bernie Fine.

Reaction Score
I don't think Boeheim should lose his job at all. Unlike PSU, there's no reason for me to believe he knew what was going on like JoePa did. His statements were remarkably dumb initially, but not lose-your-job-dumb.

In terms of the behavior of the principle actors up the chain of command, it's the same thing as PSU. Boeheim said he never talked to Fine about the accusations, nor did he show any willingness to listen to the tape. He said he had faith in the SU investigation. Well, the SU investigation was a sham, and purposely designed to be one, according to SU faculty on the board overseeing such events. The thing that puts both Boeheim and Cantor in Paterno and Spanier's boat is that CYA applied in all cases, the first thing you do is establish plausible deniability. All Paterno needed to do was ask McQueary to give him a description in detail. Spanier's behavior is despicable--even when he had evidence of a tape in another investigation, he wanted no part of it. Boeheim doesn't want to talk to Bernie about it nor does he want to listen to the tape. The school hires a law firm to conduct a sham investigation. In both cases, police investigators and the DA drop the ball. These are the similarities between the actors.

The difference is that at PSU, CYA blew up spectacularly in their face as the guy was a serial rapist. No such evidence exists yet about Fine. So it comes down not to the actions and behavior of the schools, which are quite similar, but the actions of the pervs themselves. So far, Fine is no Sandusky.

Beyond that, I would also say the difference is between rhythmic slaps and manual manipulation (at least in people's minds and perhaps in the law). One is apparently more acceptable than the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom