So I've been reading the Baylor Lady Bears discussion board..... | The Boneyard

So I've been reading the Baylor Lady Bears discussion board.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
....where there are a couple of Uconn threads.

I have to say the posters there are polite, respectful, knowledgeable and, like us, wishing for a really competitive game. Several have made a point of saying Uconn fans are welcome in Waco. Very classy unlike You-Know-Who.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Thanks, that is good to hear.

Reaction Score
Its a little Texas Hospitality for all UCONN fans...........Hopefully, they give us props when we win the game......

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Baylor aspires to be like UCONN. We respect everything that UCONN stands for, which is excellence. Having Mulkey is a great way to develop a program like that. Not everyone likes her style, but not everyone likes Geno's style. But they both expect the most of their players on and off the court.

I will be at the game and I hope to see a lot of UCONN fans to make the environment even more electric. Who wouldn't want UCONN coming to their campus and having a national TV audience to showcase the two best teams in the country? It doesn't get much better than that.

Reaction Score

I have to say the posters there are polite, respectful, knowledgeable and, like us, wishing for a really competitive game. Several have made a point of saying Uconn fans are welcome in Waco. Very classy unlike You-Know-Who.
What is the link to their board?

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Baylor aspires to be like UCONN. We respect everything that UCONN stands for, which is excellence. Having Mulkey is a great way to develop a program like that. Not everyone likes her style, but not everyone likes Geno's style. But they both expect the most of their players on and off the court.

I will be at the game and I hope to see a lot of UCONN fans to make the environment even more electric. Who wouldn't want UCONN coming to their campus and having a national TV audience to showcase the two best teams in the country? It doesn't get much better than that.

Since Baylor is ranked #1 (deservedly), their fans have no reason to be jealous to the point of mean-spirited and outrageous nastyness. Let's all hope to see a competitive game and a boost for wcbb nationally.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
EastTexas this is going to be a great game. Will BG intimadate UConn? Will UConn stuggle on the road infront of a sell out crowd. UConn has a reputation of rising to the occasion and making opponets look bad. Two top teams come to mind, TAM this season and Duke twice last season. It will be a test of wills and Im looking so forward to it. Its going to be The Game WCBB fans have been looking for.

I dont think its going to be about BG who will get her points. .
Its going to be about breaking UConns press and pressure
Its going to be about everybody else.

Reaction Score

I read the Baylor Board on a regular basis and agree 100% with you're post. I also post on their board once in a while and have never had any problems.

Reaction Score
I don't visit their Board but have been consistently impressed with the spirit and class of their fans.

Reaction Score
If last years game is a barometer. (1 point game) This years game should be a classic.

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score

Checked it out and agree 100%.

Just reading a few of the lengthier threads has me inclined to rate the Baylor board superior to others that I've checked out like ND, Rutgers and of course "You-Know-Who must not be named".

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I don't visit other fan boards often but for the most part I find them reasonably civil - with the one obvious exception.

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
Checked it out and agree 100%.

Just reading a few of the lengthier threads has me inclined to rate the Baylor board superior to others that I've checked out like ND, Rutgers and of course "You-Know-Who must not be named".

To expand on this, I though there was more attempt at analysis and rational comparison, than x can't hold a candle to y, so and so plays dirty, the coach is a dirtbag, and the usual trash talk from fans with an inferiority complex

Reaction Score
I've visited their board a few times concur that it is a class-act like, from what I know, the rest of their program. Isn't it wonderful that we've evolved from the days of the Evil Empire into rivalries that are fun with mutual respect between fans, players and coaches. I think that it will be a great game and that the best team that night will win. I wish both teams good health and, of course, I hope UConn wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom