So is this the conundrum? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

So is this the conundrum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm a new member. I've signed up today just to refute a few silly arguments and feeble-minded notions.
Which contradicts your statement that you could care less. Obviously you care some.

To gars point, at least you're here under no false pretenses, which is more than the other BC fans who've been posting can say. So kudos for that.

Reaction Score
At this point I just want to see how long this guy will keep posting here and stay interested in Uconn. I haven not spent this much time on a BCU board in 15 years mostly because they havent done anything noteworthy in football or basketball.

Reaction Score
Which contradicts your statement that you could care less. Obviously you care some.

To gars point, at least you're here under no false pretenses, which is more than the other BC fans who've been posting can say. So kudos for that.

Not really. I have no stake in any outcome.

My school is already in a strong conference. We have our current liabilities but I'm sure it will take care of itself soon.

And to be honest, I don't really hate UConn. I hated you guys when Donyell Marshall killed us with a last second 3 but I hold no animosity over what your spineless U.S. Senator did.

Reaction Score
At this point I just want to see how long this guy will keep posting here and stay interested in Uconn. I haven not spent this much time on a BCU board in 15 years mostly because they havent done anything noteworthy in football or basketball.

I don't spend much time on any Sports blogs, threads or fan sites.

Since the Boston Globe put up a paywall, I've been amusing myself (OK, trolling) with inconsequential topics.

Reaction Score
FSU (10-4). They beat a quality opponent and "earned" their BCS Game.

Can we get real here? FSU lost one less game than UConn in 2010, and both UConn and FSU were drubbed by Oklahoma.

VTech looked every bit as overmatched vs Stanford than UConn did vs Oklahoma.

Neither the ACC or Big East Champion were anything special last year. I see your UConn lost to Temple point and raise you with Va Tech lost to JMU.

You're going to have to do better than that, son.

Reaction Score
Seriously, I'm really surprised at how irrational the members here are.

I've had only one rational discussion with someone on the UConn Blog site two weeks ago. He seemed more attuned to logic and business reality than most of you folks here.

My guess is, most of you guys are Townies who live near Storrs but are not actually affiliated with the University in anyway.

Reaction Score
Can we get real here? FSU lost one less game than UConn in 2010, and both UConn and FSU were drubbed by Oklahoma.

VTech looked every bit as overmatched vs Stanford than UConn did vs Oklahoma.

Neither the ACC or Big East Champion were anything special last year. I see your UConn lost to Temple point and raise you with Va Tech lost to JMU.

You're going to have to do better than that, son.

Not impressive? OK but compared to UConn's BCS year?

Reaction Score
FSU (10-4). They beat a quality opponent and "earned" their BCS Game.
The same VT that lost to a JMU team that couldn't qualify for the FCS playoffs? That VT?
The same FSU who lost OU by a wider margin than UConn? That FSU? So they are a quality team, but UConn is not a quality team.

Got it. You present a very strong argument.

Reaction Score
In order to get any new "significant football members" into the BE conference the BE football members will have to make a commitment to the BE conference.

But no commitment short of giving up all media revenue for x number of years can realistically keep the football members from leaving to greener pastures before x number of years elapses. Any other action would be recognized as insignificant.

The BE football partners don't want to sign up to that because they are not sure if adding any of the "significant members" are significant enough to keep the BCS AQ. And if that were to occur and they agreed to give up media revenue, they would be eliminating any possibility of getting into other conferences because no other conference will agree to take a university without media rights.
Why would anyone want to join the BE at this time? There is simply too much turmoil and there is no guarantee that the teams that are in the BE today will there in a few weeks or months. Boise State isn't going to join for the BCS bid because it is likely the BE won't have one. The BE is caught in the middle. The conference is weighted down by basketball only schools and in order to make football viable they would have to add too many teams making the conference even more cumbersome. If you join the BE can a school count on playing Uconn? The whole world knows that we would be gone if we get an invite to the ACC. The same goes for Rutgers and WVA if they get invited elsewhere.

Reaction Score

I've had only one rational discussion with someone on the UConn Blog site two weeks ago. He seemed more attuned to logic and business reality than most of you folks here.

My guess is, most of you guys are Townies who live near Storrs but are not actually affiliated with the University in anyway.
Ummm, I know you're trying to simulate the high road, but some of the comments are really unnecessary.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score

ANNNDDDDD, there it is. Wouldn't be a BC homer without an inflated and unjustified sense of self-worth and accomplishment.

Thanks for your interest in UConn athletics. You're boring me now

Reaction Score
The same VT that lost to a JMU team that couldn't qualify for the FCS playoffs? That VT?
The same FSU who lost OU by a wider margin than UConn? That FSU? So they are a quality team, but UConn is not a quality team.

Got it. You present a very strong argument.

2010 UConn record: 8-5

2010 FSU record: 10-4

Reaction Score
Why would anyone want to join the BE at this time? There is simply too much turmoil and there is no guarantee that the teams that are in the BE today will there in a few weeks or months. Boise State isn't going to join for the BCS bid because it is likely the BE won't have one. The BE is caught in the middle. The conference is weighted down by basketball only schools and in order to make football viable they would have to add too many teams making the conference even more cumbersome. If you join the BE can a school count on playing Uconn? The whole world knows that we would be gone if we get an invite to the ACC. The same goes for Rutgers and WVA if they get invited elsewhere.
Which is why the remaining BE fb schools need to wake the up and smell the coffee. If they commit to each other, and add the right teams, the AQ is secure. Grudgingly. But secure. But this centrifugal spinning over the edges is just killing it. It started with the first wave in 2003. Think about it. If those three never left the BE would have been way, way superior to the ACC today. So now, people, just be calm. Right now we need a leader who can get through to Uconn, RU, WVA and Louisville.

Reaction Score
I've had only one rational discussion with someone on the UConn Blog site two weeks ago. He seemed more attuned to logic and business reality than most of you folks.
1)that is one more rational discussion than we've had w/ BC folks.
2) so you frequent many UConn blogs/boards, yet you claim could "care less". Interesting.

Reaction Score
ANNNDDDDD, there it is. Wouldn't be a BC homer without an inflated and unjustified sense of self-worth and accomplishment.

Thanks for your interest in UConn athletics. You're boring me now

This is confirms my earlier post. You conflate rational discussions with personal hubris.

It's not that you're a Troll. It's that you're pedagogically-challenged.

Reaction Score
2010 UConn record: 8-5

2010 FSU record: 10-4

Like I said, FSU lost one less game than UConn and both teams played Oklahoma and got drubbed. Comparable seasons.

Now I'm repeating myself, so I'm done.

Have a good one man, hopefully UConn ends up in the ACC, because a UConn/BC rivalry would be great for both schools.

Reaction Score
1)that is one more rational discussion than we've had w/ BC folks.
2) so you frequent many UConn blogs/boards, yet you claim could "care less". Interesting.

I don't "frequent" UConn threads. The College Expansion Game is the topic du jour.

I merely addressed internet historical revisionism on what happened during the BC exodus.

Reaction Score
Like I said, FSU lost one less game than UConn and both teams played Oklahoma and got drubbed. Comparable seasons.

Now I'm repeating myself, so I'm done.

Have a good one man, hopefully UConn ends up in the ACC, because a UConn/BC rivalry would be great for both schools.

FSU played a tougher schedule in a tougher conference.

UConn will not be invited into the ACC for many reasons.

There never was a true rivalry between our schools. It was lopsided in Hoops and Football.

Your school owned us on the Court. Your school never beat us once in Football.

Reaction Score
FSU played a tougher schedule in a tougher conference.

UConn will not be invited into the ACC for many reasons.

There never was a true rivalry between our schools. It was lopsided in Hoops and Football.

Your school owned us on the Court. Your school never beat us once in Football.
OK, you win. I give up. Feel better?

Reaction Score
This is confirms my earlier post. You conflate rational discussions with personal hubris.

It's not that you're a Troll. It's that you're pedagogically-challenged.
Holy ____! This is right out of psych class. You know that guys with the smallest members drive the biggest trucks? Have the nicest lawns. And try and use the biggest words?

Reaction Score
Holy ____! This is right out of psych class. You know that guys with the smallest members drive the biggest trucks? Have the nicest lawns. And try and use the biggest words?

What in the name of Pond Scum are you talking about?

If you think basic logic and critical thinking are symptoms of Small Man Syndrome, you have more important issues to contend with other than UConn's uncertain future.

Reaction Score
I don't "frequent" UConn threads. The College Expansion Game is the topic du jour.

I merely addressed internet historical revisionism on what happened during the BC exodus.
Of course you dont't, this must be the only board with a conference realignment thread. Obbbssseeeesssssiiiioooonnnnnn.

Reaction Score

If you think basic logic and critical thinking are symptoms of Small Man Syndrome, you have more important issues to contend with other than UConn's uncertain future.
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score

Exhibit A from psych ward. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom