So, how's the ankle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
us open tennis ankle wrap GIF by US Open

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
From what I could see, Paige rolled her ankle like I have done myself 100 times back in the day. I suspect it hurts like hell today. But Paige is young and healthy, and I would not be surprised if she’s suited up and ready to go tomorrow vs Georgetown.

Reaction Score
High sprains take time. Low sprains heal quickly with some icing. It didn't look like she rolled it badly but for now who knows.

Reaction Score
Having "sprained" my ankle a year ago, the orthopedist explained that a "sprain" entails either a tear in the cartiledge, or a break of the bone, with the cartelage and a piece of bone cracking away from the main bone. OK, I'm paraphrasing, since I'm not a MD. But it's not simply "rolling one's ankle." It's a serious injury. My ankle hurt for weeks.

Reaction Score
Hopefully she doesn't show up at Georgetown with her foot in a boot. Or, if she does, it is merely precautionary.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I've looked at the replay a dozen times and I really can't see how it happened. Nevertheless I didn't want to broach the subject out of fear. Fear for her condition and fear for my constitution. I'm hoping for the best but I'm preparing myself for the worse. However I fully expect her to be in a walking boot for the next game.

Reaction Score
Great chance for Nika and Anna to pick up some needed minutes and confidence. Foolish to use PB with Arkansas and DePaul coming up. Give her a rest!
Resting is overrated. As my father says, "you'll have plenty of time to rest when you're dead".

Reaction Score
Great chance for Nika and Anna to pick up some needed minutes and confidence. Foolish to use PB with Arkansas and DePaul coming up. Give her a rest!
I agree unless the ankle is completely healed. I was taped for 4 years playing in college and it was no fun. I hope it is just very minor and doesn't need anything. There are several degrees of sprains which are tears and then there are strains. Looked like a rollover strain to me. If there is anything residual I would think she would sit tomorrow. I would like to see Nika and Anna have extended quality minutes anyway. Evina can stabilize the offense so we will be fine. It may also cause Evina to shoot more which I am really hoping for. She is 16-22 her last 3 games which to me means she needs to take more shots. I just loved the guts in Paige to take the shot and make it.

Reaction Score
I've looked at the replay a dozen times and I really can't see how it happened. Nevertheless I didn't want to broach the subject out of fear. Fear for her condition and fear for my constitution. I'm hoping for the best but I'm preparing myself for the worse. However I fully expect her to be in a walking boot for the next game.

I feel the same way, I have replayed it at least 20 times and cannot see where she rolls her ankle, this has me scared to death and thinking it may be a foot or God forbid Achilles injury.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I feel the same way, I have replayed it at least 20 times and cannot see where she rolls her ankle, this has me scared to death and thinking it may be a foot or God forbid Achilles injury.
Speak no more to power.

Reaction Score
C'mon now. Let's not get frantic. If it was an achilles she wouldn't be able to walk and taping her ankle would be worthless. It looked to me like she did it as she was celebrating the layup by CW off of her great pass. I'm still thinking a strain. Geno won't risk it against the Hoyas is my bet unless she is perfect.

Reaction Score
Wow. This does not look good.

View attachment 63803

Of course it isn't Paige, so I guess it doesn't really matter.

(Sorry...)
DON’T EVER DO THAT TO MY HEART AGAIN! I thought that was Paige’s foot. You are very bad for that! Hope that foot healed though.

Reaction Score
The trainer knew it was an ankle. That’s why she taped it. They don’t tape a foot to return to action and you can’t even put weight on an Achilles injury.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer