So, how's the ankle? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

So, how's the ankle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The trainer knew it was an ankle. That’s why she taped it. They don’t tape a foot and you can’t even put weight on an Achilles injury.
Exactly. We will know soon enough. If the sprain was a bad one she would not have been able to play on it.

Reaction Score
The trainer knew it was an ankle. That’s why she taped it. They don’t tape a foot and you can’t even put weight on an Achilles injury.
I don't think a trainer would have taped an ankle like that if it was an Achilles.

Chuck from Last Man Standing would say: that ankle picture? not cool

Reaction Score
I feel the same way, I have replayed it at least 20 times and cannot see where she rolls her ankle, this has me scared to death and thinking it may be a foot or God forbid Achilles injury.
Got to call you out! You brought up Achilles! That's not funny. Achilles is an "old man" injury. Back in the day, Achilles ruptures = the horse is sent out to make dog food. ex. Johnny Unitas. I've got one. Can't put your foot down on the ground for 3 months, and an additional 4 months before you can even try to run. 6 months before you even start rehabbing. Come on man. She's 18 and she's played 100 games in her life. Kevin Durant plays 120 games a year. Come on, man! It's like the S word in golf. Keep it to yourself! Gimme a break.

Reaction Score
Got to call you out! You brought up Achilles! That's not funny. Achilles is an "old man" injury. Back in the day, Achilles ruptures = the horse is sent out to make dog food. ex. Johnny Unitas. I've got one. Can't put your foot down on the ground for 3 months, and an additional 4 months before you can even try to run. 6 months before you even start rehabbing. Come on man. She's 18 and she's played 100 games in her life. Kevin Durant plays 120 games a year. Come on, man! It's like the S word in golf. Keep it to yourself! Gimme a break.
Slice, Shank or Stroke?

Reaction Score
Slice, Shank or Stroke?
Shank! SSShhhh. You just don't say the word. Great scene in Tin Cup: when he had qualified for the US Open and he was on the driving range with fellow pros and he had a bad case of the shanks. Yikes. (Your lower body gets WAY ahead of everything else and the club face comes through impact at an extremely open position.) It takes a minute to get out of it and it's scary as hell. (for everybody)

Reaction Score
C'mon now. Let's not get frantic. If it was an achilles she wouldn't be able to walk and taping her ankle would be worthless. It looked to me like she did it as she was celebrating the layup by CW off of her great pass. I'm still thinking a strain. Geno won't risk it against the Hoyas is my bet unless she is perfect.
There are other injuries to the Achilles besides a complete rupture, there are also many foot injuries that present as or may be described as ankle pain. The trainer did not exactly have a ton of tire to do a thorough evaluation, hopefully it IS just a rolled ankle, but I did not see one on tape.

Reaction Score
The trainer knew it was an ankle. That’s why she taped it. They don’t tape a foot to return to action and you can’t even put weight on an Achilles injury.
How much time did the trainer have to evaluate her? Again, there are a multitude of foot injuries that present as ankle pain. I'm not saying that is what it is, but just that rolled ankles are usually pretty easy to see on film and I did not see one.

Reaction Score

Somebody should tell Akok Akok that.

Reaction Score
Or Breanna Stewart to get even closer to home.
Shut it down guys! Stop talking! No time to talk that crazy stuff! BY- who's the smartest person in the room!
Anybody that's played serious hoops has had 6-12 sprained ankles in their lives. At least half serious. Another 20 turned ankles that you can walk off. Obviously she couldn't walk it off. Too bad. serious sprain=no play, you go straight to the training room for ice, elevation, and compression. It wasn't that either. Back in the day, you tighten your laces and go back out. That's what happened last night.

Reaction Score
Didn’t Stewart tear her Achilles

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Great chance for Nika and Anna to pick up some needed minutes and confidence. Foolish to use PB with Arkansas and DePaul coming up. Give her a rest!

Thought of the day!!! ;)

Reaction Score
Having "sprained" my ankle a year ago, the orthopedist explained that a "sprain" entails either a tear in the cartiledge, or a break of the bone, with the cartelage and a piece of bone cracking away from the main bone. OK, I'm paraphrasing, since I'm not a MD. But it's not simply "rolling one's ankle." It's a serious injury. My ankle hurt for weeks.

First, a sprained ankle isn't a tear in the cartilage but rather a stretched or torn ankle ligament. There are many degrees of seriousness, depending on the exact spot and whether the ligament is stretched, partially torn, or completely torn. .A high ankle sprain is a serious injury. A low ankle sprain is not.

Reaction Score
looking at Georgetown stats, they are not good. In fact, really bad. No reason to play Paige even if she says she is 100%. The predictions on the next game may be the biggest spread in a long time. Hope that isn't a bad curse, like "she never misses a free throw" right before she clanks one, or he is 18 for 18 this year on field goals. Oops.

Reaction Score
Wow. This does not look good.

View attachment 63803

Of course it isn't Paige, so I guess it doesn't really matter.

(Sorry...)
Sheesh...couldn’t you have found a still photo of a Michael deBakey heart transplant in progress? She’ll be fine though perhaps gets tomorrow off.

Reaction Score
There are other injuries to the Achilles besides a complete rupture, there are also many foot injuries that present as or may be described as ankle pain. The trainer did not exactly have a ton of tire to do a thorough evaluation, hopefully it IS just a rolled ankle, but I did not see one on tape.
Fair enough. I didn't see a true "roll" either. I just saw her elevate on her feet to celebrate as she does by herself at times and then grimace. I suspect we will know pre game tomorrow.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Still Nothing New

Guessing that means they are going to wait to see how she feels tomorrow at game day. If it was serious, I imagine they would have announced she is sitting out tomorrow

Reaction Score
Shank! SSShhhh. You just don't say the word. Great scene in Tin Cup: when he had qualified for the US Open and he was on the driving range with fellow pros and he had a bad case of the shanks. Yikes. (Your lower body gets WAY ahead of everything else and the club face comes through impact at an extremely open position.) It takes a minute to get out of it and it's scary as hell. (for everybody)
A minute? It's living hell on the golf course and I've seen it last as long as hiccups. Sometimes it's also as contagious as a yawn at a toddler sleepover. Keep it in the short grass.

Reaction Score
A minute? It's living hell on the golf course and I've seen it last as long as hiccups. Sometimes it's also as contagious as a yawn at a toddler sleepover. Keep it in the short grass.
Holy Crap! That's a scary story! Hit em straight!

Reaction Score
In a 22 minute postgame press conference, no one asks Geno about Paige's ankle and her availability against Georgetown. Just a little odd.
Not odd at all.....his answer to those questions is usually that he won't know til the trainers/doctors completely evaluate an injury, usually the next day. I think the press has finally figured out that answer so they didn't waste time asking the question.

Reaction Score
I would rest her Saturday. No reason for her to play and risk it.

Agree, SLY63. They shouldn't need Paige tomorrow. Get a chance to see what life is like without Paige against a not very good Georgetown team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom