So, go UNC? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

So, go UNC?

Reaction Score
I generally like Nova but them getting their fourth title to tie with us and third in six years with a coach that's nowhere near retirement would absolutely put them ahead of us on the best programs of all-time list. No good.

Kansas, despite having fewer titles, is now and always will be considered better than us so one more won't make any difference. Also, they seem to go decades between titles so who knows when they'll get the next one.

UNC has more titles, more prestige and we have no real direct history with them. Hubert seems like a genuinely good man. I have no beef here.

Dook...no. Just, no.

1) UNC
2) Kansas
3) Nova
4) dook (puking in my mouth)

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Kansas and Nova would tie us for titles with a win. Duke is Duke. Can't say I hate Hubert Davis, so I guess they're the choice?

Second choice is probably Duke. Yes they're annoying but K is leaving so who cares.

Wut

@StllH8L8ner sic' em!

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I want rat face out of the tournament. Him winning it all for a fairy tale ending would be the worst possible outcome. Although I also despise UNC, primarily for the academic scandal they got away with, the need to send K home unhappy overrides all other motivations. My preferred order for champions: Nova, Kansas, UNC & Puke. Hate cheating Kansas as well, but hoping there's an outside shot they win and then it gets taken away.

This should not be up for debate

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
I will never forget 1998. F UNC.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Wut

@StllH8L8ner sic' em!
Duke is never the answer!

I’m conflicted. I’m a “rising tide lifts all boats” guy so Nova winning would be good for the Big East. And I don’t hate Jay Wright. Although I do live close to Villanova and will be on the receiving end of never ending harassment from the fans/alumni who I know since I wear Uconn gear a good amount of time. But I also would win around $600 if they win. But then there is the tying us for number of titles thing which isn’t good.

So I’m not sure where that puts me. But one thing is for damn sure…Duke must never win.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I believe that there is only one thing to wish for:

Nova arrives late and prior to their arrival a levy fails, washing Duke, UNC and Kansas to the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico. The NCAA then cancels this year's final four.

Reaction Score
UNC v Kansas
Kansas wins it, but right before trophy ceremony both teams get the death penalty and the entire Final Four is vacated.
For going to class?

Reaction Score
Not buying the argument that Villanova winning a 4th helps the BE. Villanova winning a 4th helps Villanova. It doesn't show how strong the the new BE is, it shows how strong Nova and Jay Wright are. They will likely be considered a better all-time program than us after this, because in the world of sports it's "what have you done for me lately?" I hope you all realize that if Jay Wright wins his 3rd since 2016 that Nova will without a doubt out-recruit us every year on top of already having a better HC than us. The very best recruits will be flocking to play for unquestionably the best HC in America at a program where they know they have a chance of winning it all every year.

1. UNC- I like Hubert Davis and don't really hate their program, plus they already have 6 so who cares if they win another one?

2. Duke- YES, Duke at #2. K is gone after this anyway and they will always be considered a better program than us regardless if they win a 6th or not. My hatred for Duke doesn't run as deep anymore as some people here, especially since we haven't had any meaningful history with them in the last 18 years.

3. Kansas- Don't want them to get a 4th, but the majority of people consider them to be a better program than us all-time anyway, so it is what it is.

4. Nova- See above. I don't hate them and I like Jay Wright, but I don't want them winning under any circumstances. They will be our main rival in the sport going forward and it's actually shocking to me how many of you want to them win this thing.

Reaction Score
If we were playing Duke in National Championship game every Big East fan base would be rooting for Duke.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom