So, go UNC? | The Boneyard

So, go UNC?

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Kansas and Nova would tie us for titles with a win. Duke is Duke. Can't say I hate Hubert Davis, so I guess they're the choice?

Second choice is probably Duke. Yes they're annoying but K is leaving so who cares.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'm already assuming Wright will surpass JC in wins and titles by the time he retires. A Nova win means more shares, more $. And that benefits UConn. So go Nova. Winning with a depleted lineup over two blue bloods is just the icing on the cake.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Kansas and Nova would tie us for titles with a win. Duke is Duke. Can't say I hate Hubert Davis, so I guess they're the choice?

Second choice is probably Duke. Yes they're annoying but K is leaving so who cares.
As with football. Before there was a tournament, there were still champions declared. Those were the Helms Championships. While Villanova did not win any, Kansas won 2.

UConn just needs to get the 5th. That's the solution here.

Reaction Score
First time in my life I can recall voting for UNC in the tournament. My fiance is an undergrad and law school alum, so I feel like I owe my allegiance after our conference.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Imagine taking imaginary championships seriously. I guess that's what you do with a school that underachieved more than any other based on history and talent.
Football has done that a long, long time.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
My only thought on Duke is it would be nauseating for a few days but then he's gone. How often does anyone wax poetic about, like, Dean Smith these days?
Not saying I want them to win, but I just don't like the idea of Villanova getting a fourth title, even if it is good for the conference.
Plus I remember Hubert Davis saying nice things about us on ESPN in 2011, so Heels all the way.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I want rat face out of the tournament. Him winning it all for a fairy tale ending would be the worst possible outcome. Although I also despise UNC, primarily for the academic scandal they got away with, the need to send K home unhappy overrides all other motivations. My preferred order for champions: Nova, Kansas, UNC & Puke. Hate cheating Kansas as well, but hoping there's an outside shot they win and then it gets taken away.

Reaction Score
Does a Nova NC hurt or help us? Yes, they would tie us with 4 NCs, but the Big East would look that much stronger. We bailed the American and returned to the NBE to be back with old local rivals AND because we believed it was a better basketball conference. Then there's the recruiting battles.

It's a tough call - I keep going back & forth with it. It may not matter anyway if Nova can't overcome the Moore injury.

Reaction Score
UNC v Kansas
Kansas wins it, but right before trophy ceremony both teams get the death penalty and the entire Final Four is vacated.

Reaction Score
Does a Nova NC hurt or help us? Yes, they would tie us with 4 NCs, but the Big East would look that much stronger. We bailed the American and returned to the NBE to be back with old local rivals AND because we believed it was a better basketball conference. Then there's the recruiting battles.

It's a tough call - I keep going back & forth with it. It may not matter anyway if Nova can't overcome the Moore injury.
Based on what I know, it would unequivocally help UConn if Nova wins. Mostly because, regardless who wins, there is a near-zero effect on UConn's future fortunes, but at least UConn gets a little more NCAA money if Nova wins. The other effects are probably too small to be measured, and some cancel others out anyway.

The fact that Nova would have the same number of championships as UConn would hurt the pride of some fans, but it has absolutely nothing to do with UConn's future.

Reaction Score
Got to be Nova. I’d rather be tied with a conference mate than KU. And Duke for a whole litany of reasons can’t be allowed to win. I’d rank them like this

1. Nova (preference)
2. UNC (somewhat palatable)
3. KU (ugh, pressure’s really on us to win again)
4. Duke (Noooooooo)

Reaction Score
My only thought on Duke is it would be nauseating for a few days but then he's gone. How often does anyone wax poetic about, like, Dean Smith these days?
Not saying I want them to win, but I just don't like the idea of Villanova getting a fourth title, even if it is good for the conference.
Plus I remember Hubert Davis saying nice things about us on ESPN in 2011, so Heels all the way.
I realized I’m getting here today. I’d rather Duke win than UNC because K is gone, then they have a new era. If Hubert wins it, their already great recruiting gets another notch up this quick

Reaction Score
Nova, Nova, Nova

Would hate to see Kasas or dook win anything. If Nova can't get it done, UNC is the lesser of three evils

Reaction Score
1) Nova
2) UNC
3) Kansas
...(x100)
4) Duke

Nova, despite being a conference rival, is easy to root for.

UNC is tolerable I guess. I don't care that much about Kansas tying us in titles. Everyone puts them ahead of us in national prestige regardless. If it's Kansas vs. Duke, my rooting interest is crystal clear.

Duke winning this year would make coverage of the sport insufferable for years to come.

Reaction Score
UNC v Kansas
Kansas wins it, but right before trophy ceremony both teams get the death penalty and the entire Final Four is vacated.
If there is a god

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom