So fun watching the Storm -- Stewie, Sue and now Katie Lou! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

So fun watching the Storm -- Stewie, Sue and now Katie Lou!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
People forget Ezi is only 21 years old, and they will have Russell back it a few days. Russell with Hughes as a coach has gotten better every year. More prove how bad Holly was as a coach.
When she came out of college, even at 6'6", I wondered if she would "stick" in the W. IIRC, she was cut from the original team that drafter her, and was picked up by another one (can't remember who off the top of my head). She has really blossomed since leaving ol' Rocky Top. I’m glad to see her doing well.

Another player that has found her "niche" is the Liberty's Betnijah Laney. She's bounced around the league since 2015, but has perhaps found a home in NY. She's starting for the Liberty after stops in Chicago, Connecticut, Indiana and Atlanta.

Laney had a breakout season in 2020 with the Atlanta Dream; she was named to the WNBA All-Defensive Team and won the Most Improved Player Award. She has scored 50 points in the Liberty's first two wins of the season. She had 20 points tonight.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
When she came out of college, even at 6'6", I wondered if she would "stick" in the W. IIRC, she was cut from the original team that drafter her, and picked up by another one (can't remember who off the top of my head). She has really blossomed since leaving ol' Rocky Top. I glad to see her doing well.

Another player that has found her "niche" is the Liberty's Betnijah Laney. She's bounced around the league since 2015, but has perhaps found a home in NY. She's starting for the Liberty after stops in Chicago, Connecticut, Indiana and Atlanta. Laney had a breakout season in 2020 with the Atlanta Dream; she was named to the WNBA All-Defensive Team and won the Most Improved Player Award. She has scored 50 points in the Liberty's first two wins of the season.
Liberty Lynx tonight. On ESPN3.

Reaction Score
Liberty on fire so far. 15-0 run in 2 minutes. We're only 5 minutes into the game. :eek:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Liberty on fire so far. 15-0 run in 2 minutes. We're only 5 minutes into the game. :eek:
Lynx crept back with a 12-0 run of their own. 23-21 Liberty after 1Q

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Liberty Lynx tonight. On ESPN3.
Liberty wins it 86-75. Ionescu records the franchis’s first triple double - 26 10 12. The Liberty are 3-0 to begin the season. They’ve already won one more game than they did all last year. The Liberty & Ionescu are fun to watch this season.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Katie Lou having by far her best game in the WNBA. Just hit a half court buzzer beater at end of 3Q to cut the Aces lead from as much as 31 down to 4. And she had a blow by baseline drive that was really impressive. Not the best tine to leave the team.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
What a difference a day makes. Storm had some stretches of playing really well, but overall looked nothing like the team from opening day. Got next to nothing from the bench. In this game I think the absence of Clark, Howard and Whitcomb was noticeable.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Have to say Chelsea Gray was much better than in the first game.

Plum is looking like a 2nd half player. She had 3 buckets and a couple assists in the key 4th quarter stretch when the Aces were pulling away for good.

Reaction Score
That’s the difference right there
26B12751-2CBC-4734-B8A8-FEC694F31A8A.jpeg

Reaction Score
That’s the difference right there View attachment 67517
Yup! They both had awful games. When Sue and KLS went to the bench, the Aces went on runs. Ezi had a good game with a double double and shot 50% for 3 land. Canada couldn’t hit the ocean while standing on the beach. She played very high “schoolish”. Although Jewell had 17pts, she didn’t shoot it very well. She took 18 shots to get those 17. I thought that she could have been a little more assertive by driving to the basket, but it’s difficult when you have 6’8, 6’5 and 6’3 waiting near the basket because your shots are not dropping. Hopefully, they will regroup and play better.

Reaction Score
Yup! They both had awful games. When Sue and KLS went to the bench, the Aces went on runs. Ezi had a good game with a double double and shot 50% for 3 land. Canada couldn’t hit the ocean while standing on the beach. She played very high “schoolish”. Although Jewell had 17pts, she didn’t shoot it very well. She took 18 shots to get those 17. I thought that she could have been a little more assertive by driving to the basket, but it’s difficult when you have 6’8, 6’5 and 6’3 waiting near the basket because your shots are not dropping. Hopefully, they will regroup and play better.
Jewell has done well against Phoenix when they had Bonner, Breland, and Griner, just had an off game. Sue can't show up with zero points on 0-2 shooting, and expect to win. The Phoenix lineup was 6'9,6'4, and 6'2 all in their prime and Jewell scored close to 30.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Sue can't show up with zero points on 0-2 shooting, and expect to win.
Yep, I kept waiting for her to put her fingerprints on the game, and she never did.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Hmm...Storm getting thumped by a Lynx squad still missing Collier. They've been giving up a lot of points so far this year. Consider me still concerned about the losses and what they replaced them w/, this ain't the same team as last year.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Hmm...Storm getting thumped by a Lynx squad still missing Collier. They've been giving up a lot of points so far this year. Consider me still concerned about the losses and what they replaced them w/, this ain't the same team as last year.
Crystal coming off the bench after 0 pts in the loss to Liberty but having a good offensive game so far. 13 pts on 6-7 shooting . Fowles looking great and manhandling Stewie. Only 4 pts on 2-7 and 0 rebounds at half.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Crystal coming off the bench after 0 pts in the loss to Liberty but having a good offensive game so far. 13 pts on 6-7 shooting . Fowles looking great and manhandling Stewie. Only 4 pts on 2-7 and 0 rebounds at half.
Lynx gave them a good tussle in the playoffs last year. Stewie struggled in that series, Collier got the better of that matchup.

Clearly Seattle is no longer an elite defensive squad (who saw that coming? :rolleyes:), and their offense has been off and on so far this season. I predicted before the season started they wouldn't repeat as Champs. They looked good in their debut, but not so much since then

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Seattle came out again like it was preseason - tons of turnovers, bad decisions, missing wide open jump shots, and no post play whatsoever. Can't get down 20 and expect to win in the pro leagues. Stewie looking well below average, and Talbot really gives them nothing. No idea why Dupree doesn't start.

Side note - Still no idea why Crystal was demoted to the bench. Anyone hear why? She's killing it with 20 points on 9-12 shooting. Normally I think Reeve is a terrific coach, but what is going on with the reigning rookie of the year??

Reaction Score
Bird comes back strong with 18 pts, now 65 - 71, 5:32 left.
Crystal has 22 pts.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Seattle has come charging back to take a lead. Tale of 2 halves, has completely flipped from the first 20 minutes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom