So fun watching the Storm -- Stewie, Sue and now Katie Lou! | The Boneyard

So fun watching the Storm -- Stewie, Sue and now Katie Lou!

Reaction Score
I thoroughly enjoyed the performances of UConn West as Seattle throttled Las Vegas... Stewie was great (28 and 13)... Sue tremendously efficient (8 assists and 3/6 from 3pt land), and Katie Lou made some really big plays down the stretch... going to be a fun season to watch them all!

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Loyd was great for Seattle. Canada, Magbegor and Talbot off the bench changed the momentum of the game in Q2. Like last year, Seattle is A LOT more than just the UConn alums. I know it's a UConn board and all, but for me as a Storm fan I like to see credit given where it is due.

Reaction Score
Loyd was great for Seattle. Canada, Magbegor and Talbot off the bench changed the momentum of the game in Q2. Like last year, Seattle is A LOT more than just the UConn alums. I know it's a UConn board and all, but for me as a Storm fan I like to see credit given where it is due.
You are right... both about it being a UConn board and the credit to others... I have even become a Jewell Loyd fan -- and that's saying a lot, since she is a Golden Domer! :)

Reaction Score
By seasons end Ezi will be on her way to being the best Australian player in the present WNBA.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
By seasons end Ezi will be on her way to being the best Australian player in the present WNBA.
do you mean what GIF by FIBA

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I enjoyed the game a lot. I did NOT enjoy when Sue smacked her knee against Cambage (coming out to impede her). I was worried it was super serious. It was nice seeing Lou not only get the start, but play like she belonged in the starting lineup. She had some nice defensive plays in the 2nd half, and is more mobile than I remember.

I have no problem with the OP "UCONN west". Good grief - you'd have to be numerically challenged in the extreme to know that on a team with only 3 UCONN players, 9 others will be non-UCONN players. And that some of the others will be really good, which they are.

Dupree is ageless and just great. Dearika Hamby impressed me as well (for Vegas), especially in the 2nd half. Had a coast to coast drive that she missed, but for a big girl, lots of ball handling skills. Loyd was really good, Bird is also ageless, and Stewie doing what Stewie does - just wonderful to see.

I'll tell you what - the defense for both teams was smothering. It makes you realize just how talented these women are - to have 97 and 83 points scored in the face of the really strong defense - it means the offense was just a little better. These 2 teams are really really good.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
You are right... both about it being a UConn board and the credit to others... I have even become a Jewell Loyd fan -- and that's saying a lot, since she is a Golden Domer! :)
Indeed. There was nothing in your original post that discredited the contributions of all of the Storm players to today's win. As a UConn fan you were merely celebrating 3 former Huskies playing together for the Storm in a nice win over the Aces. Cheers.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Yeah, as much as nobody seems to like her, there's quite a ways to go for anybody else to supplant her as the best Aussie in the W.

Seriously, does ANYBODY like her? She's makes it difficult.

She really likes herself. Does that count?

But seriously, no, I don’t know any Cambage fans. I guess every league needs a villain...

Reaction Score
Yes, very much enjoyed game.Lou seems to have brought her Spanish League rebounding skills with her to Seattle. Her overall game was very good, making key defensive plays. She seems content to pass rather than shoot but that could change. Stewie and Sue were great as usual but the whole Seattle team, starting with Lloyd, played extremely well, a few errant passes aside. With UConn’s season months away, I turn my attention to the Storm with three former Huskies.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Yes, very much enjoyed game.Lou seems to have brought her Spanish League rebounding skills with her to Seattle. Her overall game was very good, making key defensive plays. She seems content to pass rather than shoot but that could change. Stewie and Sue were great as usual but the whole Seattle team, starting with Lloyd, played extremely well, a few errant passes aside. With UConn’s season months away, I turn my attention to the Storm with three former Huskies.
Watched the game, especially Lou, closely.
Lou only gave up 2 baskets on defense to the person she was guarding.
Most of the game she was guarding #2 Riquena Williams(she had a plastic face guard on).
Other times she guarded Jackie Young and Derrica Hamby.
Young scored with 1.05 left in the half.
Hamby scored with 2.20 left in the 4th quarter.
One time she picked up Wilson on a switch off at the high post. Wilson took the ball to the hoop, Lou fouled her, Wilson made both FT's.
Not a bad day, on defense.

I know the season is way too young but the movement of the ball by Seattle looked much better than LV.

We will see what happens on Tuesday night.

Reaction Score
I enjoyed the game a lot. I did NOT enjoy when Sue smacked her knee against Cambage (coming out to impede her). I was worried it was super serious. It was nice seeing Lou not only get the start, but play like she belonged in the starting lineup. She had some nice defensive plays in the 2nd half, and is more mobile than I remember.

I have no problem with the OP "UCONN west". Good grief - you'd have to be numerically challenged in the extreme to know that on a team with only 3 UCONN players, 9 others will be non-UCONN players. And that some of the others will be really good, which they are.

Dupree is ageless and just great. Dearika Hamby impressed me as well (for Vegas), especially in the 2nd half. Had a coast to coast drive that she missed, but for a big girl, lots of ball handling skills. Loyd was really good, Bird is also ageless, and Stewie doing what Stewie does - just wonderful to see.

I'll tell you what - the defense for both teams was smothering. It makes you realize just how talented these women are - to have 97 and 83 points scored in the face of the really strong defense - it means the offense was just a little better. These 2 teams are really really good.
They are. Compared to this game, Washington-Chicago looked like a JV matchup.

Reaction Score
Lou is off to the 3 on 3 team some time this week, so the lineup will have to change.

Reaction Score
She was the key to changing the fortunes of the Storm. She knew how to play against Cambage. By season's end, they won't miss Howard, with Ezi and Dupree rotating in the frontcourt.

Reaction Score
She was the key to changing the fortunes of the Storm. She knew how to play against Cambage. By season's end, they won't miss Howard, with Ezi and Dupree rotating in the frontcourt.
People forget Ezi is only 21 years old, and they will have Russell back it a few days. Russell with Hughes as a coach has gotten better every year. More prove how bad Holly was as a coach.

Reaction Score
Lou is off to the 3 on 3 team some time this week, so the lineup will have to change.

I don't understand the priority of some of these players.

Reaction Score
She better not miss tomorrow night's rematch against the Aces. It could be the most important game of the season. With another win, the Storm will clinch the tiebreaker against the Aces if it comes down to that like it did last year. Last year it didn't really matter as there was no home-court advantage in the "Wubble", but this year home-court advantage could make a big difference.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
She better not miss tomorrow night's rematch against the Aces. It could be the most important game of the season. With another win, the Storm will clinch the tiebreaker against the Aces if it comes down to that like it did last year. Last year it didn't really matter as there was no home-court advantage in the "Wubble", but this year home-court advantage could make a big difference.
The announcers said she would play Tuesday them leave for the 3 x 3.

Reaction Score
People forget Ezi is only 21 years old, and they will have Russell back it a few days. Russell with Hughes as a coach has gotten better every year. More prove how bad Holly was as a coach.
Not forgetting. Russell's progress is probably the reason why the Storm management decided to let Howard go in addition to Ezi's growth but got Dupree as insurance. So, the frontcourt is well covered in my view.

I do think this team will be good for Katie Lou, especially with a coach like that.

Last edited:

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Here is the USA WBB 3x3 Schedule

Unless I am missing something on the schedule there is not a 1st place final game listed on the schedule.
Team USA has to be in the Top 3 to make it to the Olympics in Japan.
Perhaps since the Top 2 are auto bids, there is no need for a game.
It is possible that USA, or any team, could have to play 3 games on the final day, Sunday. Win their first game then play a semi final game. The Semi Final losers play for third, and perhaps the last spot into the Olympics.

The games should be on the FIBA You tube channel(free viewing)
Prelim games are Thursday and Saturday mornings(real early for us out west)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom