So fun watching the Storm -- Stewie, Sue and now Katie Lou! | Page 4 | The Boneyard

So fun watching the Storm -- Stewie, Sue and now Katie Lou!

Reaction Score
This season slightly reminds me of Stewart’s rookie season. The storm are so reliant on her to win games. Only difference is that Jewel is playing at an MVP level as well. Stewart will likely be a front runner for mvp since the storm need her to produce big every night. The big question is how she will hold up playing huge minutes all season long. She is such a fun player to watch. I won’t be surprised to see her win a few more mvp trophies during her career. One of the all time greats already.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
This pretty much sums it up. Game pretty much turned into Arike and Marina vs. Jewell and Stewie and Dallas had no answer for Stewie.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
This pretty much sums it up. Game pretty much turned into Arike and Marina vs. Jewell and Stewie and Dallas had no answer for Stewie.

That's a lot of former ND players shining in this game. Stewie was awesome, but the other UConn alums were fairly quiet. :rolleyes:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Did Collier get injured? Only 8 minutes and 1 foul?

Reaction Score
That's a lot of former ND players shining in this game. Stewie was awesome, but the other UConn alums were fairly quiet. :rolleyes:
Hope KLS can change that and share some Stewie's work.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Hope KLS can change that and share some Stewie's work.
She's looked promising so far. Obviously not available today so that doesn't count against her.

The starting PGs, Bird and Jefferson, weren't particularly productive today, Jefferson in particular. Bird hasn't gone the way of Whalen late in her career yet, but it's kinda looking like she's alternating good games with not so good games this year.

Reaction Score
She's looked promising so far. Obviously not available today so that doesn't count against her.

The starting PGs, Bird and Jefferson, weren't particularly productive today, Jefferson in particular. Bird hasn't gone the way of Whalen late in her career yet, but it's kinda looking like she's alternating good games with not so good games this year.
Bird looked great in 2018, and was really solid last year in the bubble. She does seem to be trading games and a bit less effective this year. But her ability to pass and shoot will keep her relevant until she retires. If the storm are somehow able to win a championship, I’d like to see Bird retire on top, fresh off a gold medal as well.

Since they go hand in hand, I feel the same about Taurasi. She can knock down shots and score so she still seems relevant. But her game has gone a bit downhill as well. I think two seasons is the max either one will continue to play. Trying to enjoy every moment we have left watching them.

Reaction Score
I am becoming concerned about Seattle. Past Russell and Canada their bench is not looking particularly strong. It may just be a work in progress as they have only 5 or 6 players left on the roster from last year. Talbot showed some initial promise but she seems to have regressed in the last couple of games.

Reaction Score
I am becoming concerned about Seattle. Past Russell and Canada their bench is not looking particularly strong. It may just be a work in progress as they have only 5 or 6 players left on the roster from last year. Talbot showed some initial promise but she seems to have regressed in the last couple of games.
Hopefully when Katie Lou & Prince come back, they continue to play well. They add another few players to the rotation.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Talbot is something of a training camp/early season warrior. She comes in looking great and I've heard "wows!" in the past, then the performances and subsequent minutes diminish. I thought Kitija Laksa hag a good shot at that wing/back-up KLS slot.

Burke, Herbert Harrigan and Williams don't seem to be getting much PT, either. So, the point of draining your short rotation has some merit.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Hopefully when Katie Lou & Prince come back, they continue to play well. They add another few players to the rotation.
Prince is back now and played a few minutes in the last game.

There is absolutely nobody on the roster who can replicate what Whitcomb did for the team. It goes way beyond her stats. NY is now benefiting from what she brings to a team.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

They will go as far as Bird, Stewart, and Loyd can drag them and that's pretty darn far. Rotations shorten in the playoffs anyway. My question is if they have the answer at the 3. If Lou is it, then I think they are fine.

Reaction Score
They will go as far as Bird, Stewart, and Loyd can drag them and that's pretty darn far. Rotations shorten in the playoffs anyway. My question is if they have the answer at the 3. If Lou is it, then I think they are fine.
I think Lou will be fine, the problem is Dupree, hope Hughes realizes she doesn't have it anymore and sits her. Start Lou, Stewie, Russell, Loyd, and Bird, Ezi, Canada, and Prince off the bench. Try to get minutes for Williams during the season.

Reaction Score
Prince is back now and played a few minutes in the last game.

There is absolutely nobody on the roster who can replicate what Whitcomb did for the team. It goes way beyond her stats. NY is now benefiting from what she brings to a team.
Totally agree. She hits the three and mostly she is a very smart player. She makes the Libs better when she is on the floor. Did I say she was a vocal leader? Check her out at the next Liberty game.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Totally agree. She hits the three and mostly she is a very smart player. She makes the Libs better when she is on the floor. Did I say she was a vocal leader? Check her out at the next Liberty game.
High Intensity player. Really tough and fearless.

By the way, I cant get past how similar the (offensive) style of Sabrina and Paige are. Their vision of how the game should be played are identical. If I were Paige, I would look at every minute Sabrina plays to see how she maneuvers through WNBA defenses

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Sue 3-4 from 3 pts tonight against Indiana. Another 20pt win.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom