So does the Big 12 not care about their fans?? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

So does the Big 12 not care about their fans??

Reaction Score
It’s actually far worse in an airport or on the street, as you are going to have far more actual contact with people as you move along vs sitting in a seat for two hours, depending on when you enter and exit.

People you are sitting next too, crowded concourses getting in and out, long bathroom lines with packed bathrooms, long beer lines. It's not just the people around you

Reaction Score
I’m actually being more conservative than all of you, that’s what you’re not getting. Cancel everything and quarantine everybody if you don’t want this spreading.

But you're not because you've made clear with all your posts in multiple threads that you don't actually want to do that.

Reaction Score
But you're not because you've made clear with all your posts in multiple threads that you don't actually want to do that.
Not true. I personally don’t believe it’s the risk that most others do. But if the rest of the world does, than do what must be done to stop it. This is as half-assed as anything that’s been done yet. I’m fine w being quarantined as long as everyone else is.....honestly. But this is just an attempt at headlines. Do what needs to be done or don’t. But don’t do something that will barely register and act like you’re saving the world. You’re not.

Reaction Score
Not true. I personally don’t believe it’s the risk that most others do. But if the rest of the world does, than do what must be done to stop it. This is as half-assed as anything that’s been done yet. I’m fine w being quarantined as long as everyone else is.....honestly. But this is just an attempt at headlines. Do what needs to be done or don’t. But don’t do something that will barely register and act like you’re saving the world. You’re not.

If you don't see that yet with all the evidence in front of you, you have your head stuck in the sand.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Tell me how canceling a few games but still letting people congregate in airports, in restaurants, shopping malls, shoulder to shoulder on streets in busy cities all over the country, makes sense.

If this thing is as dangerous and contagious as we are being led to believe, why are we stopping at a few sporting events??
Who would play you in the movie version?

Reaction Score
I know you're being fecetious but honestly, that is what we need to do
I'm actually not. If people are hell bent to stop this thing, quarantine is the ONLY way. Canceling a few sporting events does NOTHING in the grand scheme. NOTHING.

Reaction Score
I'm actually not. If people are hell bent to stop this thing, quarantine is the ONLY way. Canceling a few sporting events does NOTHING in the grand scheme. NOTHING.

Agree to disagree. Every little bit helps. I saw a stat that reducing 25% of social interaction would cut the speed of spread by 50%. Wish I could find the actual stat now.

This wasn't it but is interesting nonetheless.

Reaction Score
Agree to disagree. Every little bit helps. I saw a stat that reducing 25% of social interaction would cut the speed of spread by 50%. Wish I could find the actual stat now.

You can't use logic on people like that, it's a waste of time. He refuses to accept that the measures are about slowing the spread not stopping it.

When someone goes into an empty room and starts screaming everyone else is a moron, you don't engage. You just ask him to shut the lights off when he's done.

He's comparing a crowd-less basketball games to martial law, as if both are simple to initiate.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Flatten the curve. Limit the spread over time so that hospitals/health care system is not overwhelmed all at one time.

Reaction Score

Those people are still going to have social interaction. Why is that so hard to comprehend?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Those people are still going to have social interaction. Why is that so hard to comprehend?

Of course they still are. Limiting the amount of social interaction we all have is the best thing we can do, since lowering it to 0 isn't possible.

Reaction Score

I understand your point. Truly. You're saying if they're not at a game, they'll go and do something else.

But they will have less. I guarantee it. Instead of bumping into 500 people it may only be 100. But when the rate of transmission is 1-5% per contact, that means they'll spread it to 0-5 people instead of 5-10. When more of the numbers are 0, we win. Doesn't even have to be all. Just more.

Especially if social distancing advice gets through to people. And believe it or not, huge cultural touchstones like movies/sporting events/concerts are not just vectors for contact, they're signals to the populace. People WILL take social distancing more seriously if they see big cultural organizations taking it seriously.

And that may be enough itself without quarantines. We'll see. But even if it's not everything, it will help flatten the curve.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom