So does the Big 12 not care about their fans?? | The Boneyard

So does the Big 12 not care about their fans??

Reaction Score
I’m watching a game w people in the stands. What does this mean? Doesn’t it defeat the purpose of all these other conferences emptying their buildings?? How is it ok for this to go on??

how does everyone not see the lunacy of this??

Reaction Score
Guess you can add ACC and Big East to this

if all aren‘t doing it then some doing it is completely useless

Reaction Score

They're all doing it, the decision was made in the middle of games occurring which is why you see fans

Reaction Score
Don't worry, we can all see your lunacy.
Tell me how canceling a few games but still letting people congregate in airports, in restaurants, shopping malls, shoulder to shoulder on streets in busy cities all over the country, makes sense.

If this thing is as dangerous and contagious as we are being led to believe, why are we stopping at a few sporting events??

Reaction Score
What is so hard to understand? More distancing is better than less. It doesn’t have to be all or nothing. Every step of this type taken helps slow the progression. It’s going to spread further. We need it to not all happen at once such that the capacity to treat those affected is not overwhelmed. That’s the working principle.

Reaction Score
This ensures everyone doesnt get sick at once. Which is the actual problem
How does it do that exactly? The people not going to those games are going to quarantine themselves??

Reaction Score
What is so hard to understand? More distancing is better than less. It doesn’t have to be all or nothing. Every step of this type taken helps slow the progression. It’s going to spread further. We need it to not all happen at once such that the capacity to treat those affected is not overwhelmed. That’s the working principle.
I get it. But that means you assume something those people not going to the games are going to quarantine themselves......which is patently untrue.

Reaction Score
I get it. But that means you assume something those people not going to the games are going to quarantine themselves......which is patently untrue.

Incorrect. I’m assuming they are unlikely to go to an alternate situation where thousands of people will be in such close proximity. I think reasonable people can agree this is probably the case (especially if every other such scenario is being shut down as well). Again, it’s not all or nothing; every incremental measure taken will help.

Reaction Score
Shows how much of a moron you truly are
[/QUOTE
Incorrect. I’m assuming they are unlikely to go to an alternate situation where thousands of people will be in such close proximity. I think reasonable out can agree this is probably the case (especially if every other such scenario is being shut down as well). Again, it’s not all or nothing; every incremental measure taken will help.
Makes no sense. Those people are still going to go and have contact with other humans. Doesn’t matter if it’s in a group of 5 or 5,000. I’m not gonna catch the virus sitting across the stadium from you. I’m gonna catch sitting near you or bumping into you. That can happen anywhere.

Reaction Score
Makes no sense. Those people are still going to go and have contact with other humans. Doesn’t matter if it’s in a group of 5 or 5,000. I’m not gonna catch the virus sitting across the stadium from you. I’m gonna catch sitting near you or bumping into you. That can happen anywhere.
Do you not see the difference between them having contact with 5 or 5000 people? And the number of possible they could infect if they're carrying the virus

Reaction Score

So wrong. Are you really going to try and argue that it doesn’t effect the spread of the disease if an infected person has contact with 5 or 5,000 people!? Just wow. Certainly one of us is not making sense.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score

What? You apparently don't understand at all

Reaction Score
So wrong. Are you really going to try and argue that it doesn’t effect the spread of the disease if an infected person has contact with 5 or 5,000 people!? Just wow. Certainly one of us is not making sense.
When you go to a sporting event, you don’t “have contact” w 5,000 people. You’re in the same place. Just like you are when you walk down 5th Avenue or walk through an airport. Tell me how it’s different.

Reaction Score
It’s actually far worse in an airport or on the street, as you are going to have far more actual contact with people as you move along vs sitting in a seat for two hours, depending on when you enter and exit.

Reaction Score
When you go to a sporting event, you don’t “have contact” w 5,000 people. You’re in the same place. Just like you are when you walk down 5th Avenue or walk through an airport. Tell me how it’s different.
Others have tried and given up, now I give up. I can’t understand what your motivations might be for ignoring what is glaringly obvious and intuitive. For your sake and others I encourage you to read more information from qualified professionals. You're choosing to fly in the face of what everyone plainly sees. You’re not completely alone, however, and it’s putting others at risk.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

It's incremental. Every bit helps. Restricting all outdoor movement will be one of the last things if necessary, because it's a major disruption of life. We're doing the easy things to cancel now. Large gathering of luxury entertainment in enclosed indoor spaces with shared air. Then probably things like malls and large shopping plazas, food courts, etc. Then restaurants.

This is what other countries including Italy have done.

Reaction Score
Others have tried and given up, now I give up. I can’t understand what your motivations might be for ignoring what is glaringly obvious and intuitive. For your sake and others I encourage you to read more information from qualified professionals. Your choosing to fly in the face of what everyone plainly sees. You’re not completely alone, however, and it’s putting others at risk.
I’m actually being more conservative than all of you, that’s what you’re not getting. Cancel everything and quarantine everybody if you don’t want this spreading. Canceling a few sporting events is like spitting in the ocean. It’s a reaction to public hue and cry. But you can just as easily get the virus from other forms of contact with other people in other places. This does nothing but make for good headlines. The 20k people who don’t go to the games are all going to have contact with multiple other people during their normal walk of life. There is no proof that not going to that game will somehow magically slow the spread of the virus. Anyone that has it that would have gone to the game will give it to someone else they come into contact with during the time they otherwise would have been at the game.

There is only one sure way to ensure this doesn’t spread further.

Reaction Score
It's incremental. Every bit helps. Restricting all outdoor movement will be one of the last things if necessary, because it's a major disruption of life. We're doing the easy things to cancel now. Large gathering of luxury entertainment in enclosed indoor spaces with shared air. Then probably things like malls and large shopping plazas, food courts, etc. Then restaurants.

This is what other countries including Italy have done.
I’m obviously being extreme, but you get my point and you just helped me make it. What if everyone that was going to go to the game instead decides to go to the mall. Is that somehow a better outcome?

Reaction Score
At some point, that person is going to get thirsty or hungry. They're going to pull money out of their pocket or a credit card out and give it to a cashier in exchange for food or beverage. That cashier is then going to go on and handle all sorts of food items that will be given to hundreds of other people through the course of the day/weekend. All those people are not going to go get food, go back to their seats and wash their hands or disinfect the containers their food comes in.

This is the most 'Merica sentiment. I live in America! Gimme my basketballs! I ain't scared of no virus!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom