So deflated...and elated. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

So deflated...and elated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yeah and after that, then what? Who will come take over this moribund program. If one will go to the Courant and read the comments, it will be seen that there are a lot of people who Not being invited to the Big 12 was a blessing. Weekly blowouts to WVA, Texas Tech, Texas, Iowa ST. etc would not be good for the program. Many are saying 'chuck the whole thing, and go back to what was called Division 1-AA, or the FCS, or whatever they are calling it. Maybe reform the old Yankee Conference, LOL. There will come a time where the throwing of good money after bad will stop, and the powers that be will make the decision that this venture into 'Big time' college football is over. The time has come, do you really want to endure a new coach, new program and another 2-3 years of rebuilding? The truth is staring you in the face.....

No invite to the Big 12 was not a blessing, at least we would be getting more Money and be in p5. Weekly blowouts to Big. 12 teams would not be a good thing but losing to teams in the American is? Yes I want to endure another 2-3 years of rebuilding if it is headed in the right direction. We must make the next decision on the next coach the most important decision this university will make.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
I keep coming back to this thread to see if @HuskiesFan1014 has barked fire yet...
I do believe I'm still suffering from the hangover of yesterday's tailgate (where did all my beer go?) and the debacle that was this season. I almost barfed fire, but haven't much bark to me today.
EDIT: Never mind, I just found some bark. Shouldn't have come back here. Ugh.

HuskiesFan1014

Reaction Score
Really. I think it's time to drop football and move back to the Big East. There is not a plethora of nationally ranked FB recruits in the northeast like the south. If we get players from the south, they are maybe all district type players, not all state who go to the SEC, ACC and Big 10. FB is much harder to field a great team unlike hoops. UConn will never ever be a top team. Sorry it's reality.
I'm just going to imagine that your 12 other BRILLIANT posts are in the Basketball forums. I don't even have the energy to explain what an absolute idiot you are. You will never even be all-district, but you are an all-state moron with a plethora of unsubstantiated hypothesis. Sorry it's reality.

Reaction Score
Yeah and after that, then what? Who will come take over this moribund program. If one will go to the Courant and read the comments, it will be seen that there are a lot of people who have had it with the coach, program, and AD. One comment asks the question what talented kid from FL, TX, LA etc would want to travel thousands of miles to play in a sub par conference, on a below par team. That sums it up. Even the most optimistic of you have to start to ask yourself is it worth it? Even if Diaco is fired, then you are back to square 1. New coach, new policy, same players. After the last 2 embarrassments, losing to one of the worst teams in the ACC, and the 2nd worst team.......after UCONN, in the AAC, you have to ask yourself, will it ever get better? Not being invited to the Big 12 was a blessing. Weekly blowouts to WVA, Texas Tech, Texas, Iowa ST. etc would not be good for the program. Many are saying 'chuck the whole thing, and go back to what was called Division 1-AA, or the FCS, or whatever they are calling it. Maybe reform the old Yankee Conference, LOL. There will come a time where the throwing of good money after bad will stop, and the powers that be will make the decision that this venture into 'Big time' college football is over. The time has come, do you really want to endure a new coach, new program and another 2-3 years of rebuilding? The truth is staring you in the face.....

There are always young talented coordinators, FCS coaches, or fired coaches looking for another shot. We are a University with a known brand. When Red Pants eventually get canned the resumes and calls from agents will come pouring in.

Finding the next guy is never a problem. Finding the right guy is.

HuskiesFan1014

Reaction Score
You, unfortunately, have zero say in the matter. Oh sure you can rant, rave, bark fire and any other metaphor for being angry, but the bottom line is you're in no position to be dictating ANYTHING!!
Eat a bag of Dix. As a fan and season ticket holders, I have every right to bark fire. Don't like that? I don't care. If everybody who has said Diaco has to go were "in a position to dictate that" we wouldn't need to vent. Move along, Pollyanna, before your feelings get hurt.

Reaction Score
I have every right to bark fire.

Yeah but can you do this?
pissing ifire.jpg

Reaction Score
Eat a bag of Dix. As a fan and season ticket holders, I have every right to bark fire. Don't like that? I don't care. If everybody who has said Diaco has to go were "in a position to dictate that" we wouldn't need to vent. Move along, Pollyanna, before your feelings get hurt.

Whether I like it or not is immaterial. You obviously do care, or else you wouldn't have said you didn't. The rest of your...putdown means nothing to me. Less than nothing in fact.

HuskiesFan1014

Reaction Score
Whether I like it or not is immaterial. You obviously do care, or else you wouldn't have said you didn't. The rest of your...putdown means nothing to me. Less than nothing in fact.
How can you talk with your mouth full?

HuskiesFan1014

Reaction Score
Diaco's fate should not be tied to the buyout $$.
He has been horrible and brought the program to a new low.
For that he should be canned.
Be Careful. You be scolded by his Mom for not "being in a position to dictate that."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom