So Carolina AD asking for Review of Foul. | The Boneyard

So Carolina AD asking for Review of Foul.

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
Tanner wants final call of USC-Tennessee reviewed

If I'm Miss St, I now ask for review of the ending of their Game. :)
A very wise person suggested after the USA/Russia men's basketball debacle in 1972 that it is best to avoid playing a game so close that the zebras might be left in a position to decide who wins. UCONN WBB has gotten this down to a science.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
A very wise person suggested after the USA/Russia men's basketball debacle in 1972 that it is best to avoid playing a game so close that the zebras might be left in a position to decide who wins. UCONN WBB has gotten this down to a science.

Absolutely Correct!

Reaction Score
I was amazed how calm Dawn was during that end of the game debacle.........usually she is not shy letting the refs know what's on her mind.....

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
So should TN ask for a review of the play where Coates is seen slapping the ball with two feet out of bounds?
I saw that in real time but cant find it on the replay. Do you remember when that was?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I was amazed how calm Dawn was during that end of the game debacle....usually she is not shy letting the refs know what's on her mind.....

She wasn't all that calm. She didn't hide her displeasure when it was called, and when the buzzer sounded she yelled angrily at the ref who'd made the call before turning in the other direction for handshake duties.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The fans should ask the South Carolina AD for a review of his choice for a football coach

kermit.jpg

Reaction Score
To what end is the review?
I wondered the same thing. Game is over--refs walked out--the game is in the can.
It won't get any ref fired--refs are expected to make mistakes--like ever other occupation including brain surgeons--or senators.
Bias--throwing the game are legal issues--impossible to prove without someone walking in with a video/audio setting up the game give away.
I see no value to be gained.

Reaction Score
The fans should ask the South Carolina AD for a review of his choice for a football coach

View attachment 19297

I wouldn't be sipping too much tea if I was you because Duke football is NON EXSISTANT and Mushchamp did a heck of a job with a team made up of 75% sophomores and freshman and taking them to a bowl game. Even Dukes basketball team is a little questionable(Big fan of the men's team btw) without Coach K, and I think SC men's basketball team could take the Blue Devils.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I wouldn't be sipping too much tea if I was you because Duke football is NON EXSISTANT and Mushchamp did a heck of a job with a team made up of 75% sophomores and freshman and taking them to a bowl game. Even Dukes basketball team is a little questionable(Big fan of the men's team btw) without Coach K, and I think SC men's basketball team could take the Blue Devils.

No way possible. The SEC has one legit men's team.... and it resides in Lexington. Did you guys lose to Clemson?

As far as football goes.. its not that hard to go to a bowl game these days. Only need 6 wins.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I couldn't have said it better. I never have and never will complain about refs and their calls. 'Nuff said.

Reaction Score
Dawn Staley keeping Wilson on the bench for so long likely cost SC the game. She did not trust her star player to manage playing with 4 fouls as opposed to Geno telling Lou in the Florida State game when she told him "That's 4 fouls, 4 fouls!", and he said "that's your problem, not mine" and sent her back out there for the rest of the game :)

Reaction Score
My suspicion is that the AD has been inundated with calls & E-mails from fans and this is an attempt to placate them.

I've always felt that there has been a reluctance on the part of the decision makers to making any public suggestion of incompetence in the officiating of sports. The are a lot of calls in every game that could go either way, and plays that are 50-50 as to whether a foul should or should not be called. And it happens in most sports. But any admission of the subjective nature of officiating calls into question the validity of victory and since celebrating the winner of any sports event is a big part of whole thing any suggestion of corruption on the part of officials is frowned on, by both the administrators of the sport and by the media that covers it. There is a reason that pro football instituted the review rules after decades of stonewalling any suggestion that officials are in error in any significant degree. As I have said previously, I am a cynic by nature. I remember asking on some forum whether anyone believed that in the history of pro sports not one official had ever "thrown" a game. No one did. And my followup question was "Why, in all these decades, hasn't even one official been charged?" That was before the scandal in the NBA. My cynical suspicion is that there have been several cases of corruption on the part of officials but that they were quietly disposed of without any public disclosure. Even the NBA official's scandal was quickly disposed of and never again mentioned by the media.

I am quite sure their have been wcbb officials who have attempted to influence the outcome of a game.

Last edited:

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
If the goal is to make sure the referees are properly evaluated then I'm ok with it.

That's the goal. Obviously the result of the game isn't in question. State could've done the same last week and I would've been fine with that as well. Refereeing in WCBB could be better across the board, not just in those two instances.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
She wasn't all that calm. She didn't hide her displeasure when it was called, and when the buzzer sounded she yelled angrily at the ref who'd made the call before turning in the other direction for handshake duties.

LOL.. I remember watching that live. I was amazed how quickly she changed demeanor.. it was literally a 180 degree change in demeanor over no more than a second.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom