So after last night's game ... POLL | The Boneyard

So after last night's game ... POLL

So after last nights game do you feel better or worse about our prospects this year

• Better, they played hard against a ranked team and came up short

• Worse, a loss is a loss

• Same, the team did not show anything new (or at least not enough)

Results are only viewable after voting.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
... I'm feeling a little better. The team played hard and completed against a team that ought to have been a very tough match up for us. No one likes a loss, but it seems like we are headed in the right direction. I'm still not convinced that we'll be a tournament team, but I have a little more hope this morning.

CL82

Reaction Score
Neither. Same.
Good point, I'll add that as a choice. Although I'm afraid that people will cluster there.

Reaction Score
The game that bothered me was Maryland beating Coppin State by 50.

Reaction Score
Im not feeling any better I haven't forgotten about last year, or the Arkansas game. Watching the offense still makes me cringe being down one or 2 buckets with this team feels like were down by double digits.

Reaction Score
Felt like a better version of the MSU game. Didn't get dominated from tip to final buzzer like Arkansas and Cuse. Still worried we end up 7-7. Arizona to Alabama is a hell of a turn around for two true road games. Wichita State will be ready to pounce. Ollie's never won in Tulsa. Cautiously optimistic we can pick off Auburn, show up in Tulsa, and maybe give Wichita a game. I think I'm back to the morning of the Arkansas game, as opposed to half time of Coppin State, for how I feel about the outlook of this team.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The bottom line is that games aren't 20 mins (Michigan State) and they aren't 35 mins (Arizona) and they certainly aren't 0 mins (Arkansas).

They team has a couple decent players, but lacks any sort of cohesion or plan when on the court.

Due to their individual talent, they can go some runs and keep a game close, but the cream rises to the top and I don't think they'll win many games against decent teams.

CL82

Reaction Score
The bottom line is that games aren't 20 mins (Michigan State) and they aren't 35 mins (Arizona) and they certainly aren't 0 mins (Arkansas).

They team has a couple decent players, but lacks any sort of cohesion or plan when on the court.

Due to their individual talent, they can go some runs and keep a game close, but the cream rises to the top and I don't think they'll win many games against decent teams.
Arizona made plays at the close of both halfs. Remember when that used to be our signature? I do.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Arizona made plays at the close of both halfs. Remember when that used to be our signature? I do.

I do, but as I mentioned in a different thread, even when we were down 2 with the ball I knew we weren't winning.

Odd because even a few years ago, down 10 I would never count us out.

CL82

Reaction Score
Progress is not linear.

35>20

Still finding themselves without AG in the mix; and maybe he and/or Sid will be in the mix soon. Warning: that may also mean another adjustment period.
I'm not sure Alterique is the answer. He plays hard but it's not like we ran smoothly with him at the point.

(I'm also not convinced that he'll play again. Shoulders are tricky once they are subluxed.)

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I'm not sure Alterique is the answer. He plays hard but it's not like we ran smoothly with him at the point.

(I'm also not convinced that he'll play again. Shoulders are tricky once they are subluxed.)

Alterique is the answer. **

Trust me on this.

Always trust content from ADub

(** Healthy. Which actually may never be a reality)

Reaction Score

It's hard to win games with poor discipline in execution. The pseudo iso NBA offense with a few token perimeter passes KO runs just reinforces the disjointed, sloppy play IMHO. What the kids did last night is really pick up the intensity attacking the glass and on D (mostly), but they don't play smart and playing smart is very coachable. It's hard to sustain maximum effort for 40 minutes when you shooot yourself in the foot constantly.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Well, still looks like we will need to go on a run in the AAC tourney, and based on last night the chances of that increased by what, 2%? So that's either positive or neutral depending on your threshold and disposition.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
the poll results appear to indicate there's a "silent majority", which is a good thing

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score

Trust me on this.

Another game with anemic assists had me (and everyone, probably) in this wavelength.

Reaction Score
I feel ok. Maybe slightly better. If jalen showed up yesterday, we would have had a chance.
At least with the way Cobb, diarra, and Carlton competed, you can actually see some bright spots for the future and even for conference play this year.

We have to have a very good conference record this year. We don’t have enough talent to compete with Michigan State and Villanova but we do have enough talent to win in the aac. Ollie needs to do that.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Trust me on this.

I'll suggest a modification to this view. This team will look better with a healthy Gilbert and without Adams. That's not a knock on JA, who is a good player. But those two do not mesh very well.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
But it's not like we have much of a legitimate sample size, either.

He may never be healthy, and that will suck, but I think he has/had/will have a lot of what we appear to be missing, both tangible and intangible.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Another game with anemic assists had me (and everyone, probably) in this wavelength.

And yeah, thats a huge part of it. But its so much more. He is by far the most vocal floor leader, still is now from the bench. And he is very disruptive on defense, has the Boatright and Napier knack of making Point guards miserable and starting the offense really high. If a good guard gets Alterique one on one going to the basket, Alterique still has some learning to do in that setting, but we are a better team with him on the floor 25-30 minutes a game even if he doesnt score a point.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I'll suggest a modification to this view. This team will look better with a healthy Gilbert and without Adams. That's not a knock on JA, who is a good player. But those two do not mesh very well.

I actually buy that.

My one comeback would be, is that in 2 years they've played ,what, 6-7 games together? But their chemistry in those isnt great.

Jalen confounds me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom